• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

he played in the PL? I'm Iranian but I didn't know he played there

1 game for Charlton Athletic in 2000.

I seem to remember hearing about his international scoring record before but I'm not expert on Iranian footballs (Although my brother in law is half Iranian)

spidye

1 game for Charlton Athletic in 2000.

I seem to remember hearing about his international scoring record before but I'm not expert on Iranian footballs (Although my brother in law is half Iranian)

I think you have mistaken him for Ali Daei. he scored the goals. Bagheri was a midfielder.

Hixx

Some positive bits and pieces out of SAFC today for once. Our U21s beat Spurs, who are top of our pool. Danny Rose wants to sign permanently, O'Neill wants to get it done in January. He was in top form in his press conference as well, couple of cracking lines.

Now we'll get beat tomorrow and can go back to being miserable.

Dat confidence. Not that I disagree, even if I think some people are starting to underestimate Barca a bit. If such a thing is even possible.

We need this guy.

Well, I did feel weird typing that, but we did also not only manage to survive the group of death, but ended up on top so yeah, it's not like it's unfounded optimism.
Every team in the competition has got a chance against Barca, even when they are close to a perfect team, they are lacking in some areas (mainly the gk).
And Bayern is really playing more or less the same v Gaal system, but with shittier players obviously and all of the games showed that our style is like a diametric opposite to theirs and we did very well against them for almost 3 years now, hence me saying we've got a chance vs. Barca.

If you manage to sign a strong striker you will absolutely be among the the CL favs, even with the so-so group stage you've played.

he played in the PL? I'm Iranian but I didn't know he played there

Did you become Bayern fan because of Ali Daei?
He was even shittier than Bendtner, lol
Mahdavikia wasn't too bad though. Should've went with HSV.

/typos, etc.

The surefire way to hold City scoreless is to make sure their strikers take all the shots.

Guaranteed zero goals.
Aguero has been very underwhelming so far this season.

Tevez in fairness always seems to produce, he just doesn't get the games.

Our strikers have been so very good for us so far.

RVP, 14 goals, 5 assists, 17 games
Rooney, 7 goals, 10 assists, 15 games

Everyone else has been shite. Apart from Hernandez I guess.

nemesun

Some positive bits and pieces out of SAFC today for once. Our U21s beat Spurs, who are top of our pool. Danny Rose wants to sign permanently, O'Neill wants to get it done in January. He was in top form in his press conference as well, couple of cracking lines.

Now we'll get beat tomorrow and can go back to being miserable.
If you guys only wised up and bought the greatest striker that ever lived aka Bendtner, you wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place.

spidye

Did you become Bayern fan because of Ali Daei?
He was even shittier than Bendtner, lol
Mahdavikia wasn't too bad though. Should've went with HSV.

/typos, etc.

not because of him. more in spite of him. lol

didn't like him much and yes he was even worse than bendtner.

mahdavikia was great though. he was probably the best iranian player ever

K1LLER7

Aguero has been very underwhelming so far this season.

Tevez in fairness always seems to produce, he just doesn't get the games.

Our strikers have been so very good for us so far.

RVP, 14 goals, 5 assists, 17 games
Rooney, 7 goals, 10 assists, 15 games

Everyone else has been shite. Apart from Hernandez I guess.

Best strike force in the league.

rodvik

The surefire way to hold City scoreless is to make sure their strikers take all the shots.

Guaranteed zero goals.

I thought Man City looked fantastic against you lot. Lolotelli aside I thought they were brilliant.

ManU did a ManU and won (grats btw) but god damn City played some pleasing stuff.

K1LLER7

Well you did spend over £50m on them so you're bound to get that number of goals with that kind of investment.

Most of the time.
Torres & Carroll :lol

RVP scored in all the big games we've had this season. (City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool)

24m well spent.

Clegg

I thought Man City looked fantastic against you lot. Lolotelli aside I thought they were brilliant.

ManU did a ManU and won (grats btw) but god damn City played some pleasing stuff.

I was talking about City's strikers though.

Balotlli has only scored once this season. Dzeko is a bit crap when asked to start matches. Tevez isn't playing as often as he should, and Aguero hasn't scored that many.

They have 17 goals between them this season. That's not good enough imo.

Tevez is City's best striker this season by far.

Kyoufu

Wow didn't think we'd see a manager in the North East get sacked today.

Gateshead sack manager Ian Bogie and assistant Terry Mitchell.

Balotlli has only scored once this season. Dzeko is a bit crap when asked to start matches. Tevez isn't playing as often as he should, and Aguero hasn't scored that many.

How many games have Tevez and Aguero actually started together this season? Can't be more than 5.

So, Wolfgang Stark isn't allowed to be ref for a BVB game again this season. DFB says so because they want to protect him from BVB fans.

Yeah, I don't think he should ever be ref for us again. Like he won't get ridiculed next season.

Deal of the century, beats the previous brain fart by our board- Thierry to Barca for 18mill and a bag of crisps.
You got a good price for Van Persie.

£22m which will surely rise to the full £24m is alot of money for a 29 year old. I know you lost him to United and whatnot, but with a year left on his deal and at that age...he had better keep scoring at the rate he is now or it will not have been worth it.

nemesun

Wow didn't think we'd see a manager in the North East get sacked today.

Gateshead sack manager Ian Bogie and assistant Terry Mitchell.
Now that we know Pardew ain't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, It's time Mike Ashely brings in Guardiola as your assistant manager I say.

Clegg

How many games have Tevez and Aguero actually started together this season? Can't be more than 5.

I'm not sure tbh. Can't be that many though.

This season he hasn't started against Chelsea, Arsenal, or United.

Only got 20 minutes against Arsenal and Chelsea and 40 against United.

City won none of those games either. 2 draws and a loss.

Yet he's still their most productive striker with 7 goals and 5 assists.

Aguero has 5 goals and 1 assist.

K1LLER7

I think Tevez is City's best striker. He should always start. Offers more for the team than the other strikers.

Still think him and Mancini haven't made up fully since that argument.

nemesun

You got a good price for Van Persie.

£22m which will surely rise to the full £24m is alot of money for a 29 year old. I know you lost him to United and whatnot, but with a year left on his deal and at that age...he had better keep scoring at the rate he is now or it will not have been worth it.
We managed to get more or less the same amount for Nasri who also had a year left on his contract. Are you trying telling me PFA player of the year worth the same amount as the muppet from Marseille?

We managed to get more or less the same amount for Nasri who also had a year left on his contract. Are you trying telling me PFA player of the year worth the same amount as the muppet from Marseille?
Difficult to compare transfers directly.

Looking at it now, City definitely over-paid for Nasri. He has not been worth £24m at all. He hasn't even been worth £15m.

rodvik

True. But you have to admit, Aguero always LOOKS like he is about to make something happen. He is a joy to watch he really is.

I really hope England dont draw Argentina in the next world cup. Dat attack scares the bejesus out of me. I would sooner get knocked out by Sweden or something in the group stages :)

Poor Newcastle getting thrashed this season.
Just shows how important it is to add to your squad over the summer and keep the team fresh and evolving.

I know they've had injuries but man it's like a totally different team altogether.

Certainly over-achieved last year though so a fall back was inevitable.

So, Wolfgang Stark isn't allowed to be ref for a BVB game again this season. DFB says so because they want to protect him from BVB fans.

Yeah, I don't think he should ever be ref for us again. Like he won't get ridiculed next season.

Good!

Even when people say it was hard to see that it wasn't a hand ball (even though it was offside beforehand anyhow, lol) there were many more incidents to expose his bias/idiocy...

In which universe is this a red card?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IcJiQqRFblI

Fuck him.

Arnie

Losing Cabaye (and Guthrie, actually) has had a huge effect. A midfield two of Anita and Tiote just isn't creative or penetrative enough. Sunderland get a lot of stick but watching Newcastle is fucking dire, it's like they're constantly down to 10 men when they move it wide and pump it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom