• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

A classic from bluemoon:
The only thing they do is counter take the ball pass it to the fukin wings and bum rush the box. those inbred faggots have been doing it for years they try and try again till they get a goal. RVP was completely useless the whole game bar the last goal

bum rush the box LOL.

nemesun

Your escape from Newcastle is a Wii U.

I'm speechless.
DvFUO.gif

K1LLER7

A classic from bluemoon:

bum rush the box LOL.
It was like playing with 10 men at times whenever Valencia had the ball. Can't believe how bad he's been this season.

Ashley Young has improved in the past 2-3 games atleast. Getting Shinji back will be like a new signing.

fuenf

Hmm, well after we played so well against Madrid I am convinced in Klopp's tactical abilities and it was quite the test for our defense (dealing with CR, Higuain, Özil), so I guess it's teams that operate like a real collective, where most of the team is involved in defending and they should also be able to switch from def. to attack really fast. Juve comes to mind with Pirlo as their pivotal player for those switches, but they're shit when it comes to scoring, so we'd probably win.
I'd say it's mostly those teams you always tend to forget about like Porto or Shakhtar + the players could fall victim to this underestimating of opponents.

Barca too, of course, but we've dealt with the next best thing in terms of that possession based play style pretty well (your lot), so even with Messi in the equation I still feel like we've got a chance against them.

Yeah that's a pretty reasonable analysis. Especially the smaller could pose a challenge, as Dortmund usually matches the opponents level of play.

3Sixty

Or come support Saints, we've many things in common. Play in stripes (Except this year), Shearer, Keegan, won fuck all in donkeys, both sacked Pardew (pending)

rodvik

You deserve better Kyoufu, come and support Arsenal mate. We're like Newcastle lite, the board always finds a way to screw us fans over.

I still think we should have a January transfer window for fans. A guilt free window to swap teams.

I have been eyeballing a good glory hunting run for a while. If Barca keep their lead at the top of La Liga I might transfer over just to win something its been a very long time.... 8)

GolazoDan

Today I did a weird thing. I bought Metal Gear Solid for PS1 and Metal Gear Solid for PS2 off eBay for like a tenner combined. Thing is, I've never played a MGS game before. Well, I tried MGS3 on the HD collection (360) and wasn't very good, the controls slightly startled me and I'm fairly bad at stealth when I'm left to my own devices.

I'm also getting MGS4 25th Anniversary Edition for my birthday.

KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Wilbur

Banned
Newcastle... man. What's going on?

Remember when Kyoufu flipped his shit when someone said Everton would finish above them :lol :lol :lol

I hope you don't take a sabbatical again, Kyoufu. This thread needs you. You contribute to the toxic atmosphere (Kermit The Frog ™) so much <3

GorillaJu

Mgs1 controls will certainly give you a handful to deal with. They're quite archaic at this point, but Mgs2 an beyond should be fine once you've gotten the flow of how you should play. Mgs2's game play is glorious. Befitting of the greatest game of all #time.

Kyoufu

Remember when Kyoufu flipped his shit when someone said Everton would finish above them :lol :lol :lol

I hope you don't take a sabbatical again, Kyoufu. This thread needs you. You contribute to the toxic atmosphere (Kermit The Frog ™) so much <3

To be fair I thought we were going to invest in the team. Didn't happen. :(

nemesun

Mgs1 controls will certainly give you a handful to deal with. They're quite archaic at this point, but Mgs2 an beyond should be fine once you've gotten the flow of how you should play. Mgs2's game play is glorious. Befitting of the greatest game of all #time.
Oh god, still have nightmares about that MGS4 segment where they go MGS1 on yer arse. I didn't remember MGS1 controlling so shit....

nemesun

Hear, hear.

GolazoDan

Oh god, still have nightmares about that MGS4 segment where they go MGS1 on yer arse. I didn't remember MGS1 controlling so shit....
See, I bet I'll just play MGS4 first because it sounds so mental. Much like with God of War, I think I've probably absorbed as much info on the series as someone can without, y'know, playing one of the games. Nanomachines, etc.

nemesun

See, I bet I'll just play MGS4 first because it sounds so mental. Much like with God of War, I think I've probably absorbed as much info on the series as someone can without, y'know, playing one of the games. Nanomachines, etc.
Just get yourself an HD collection and play down the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom