• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

543890_577229195627109_621894324_n.jpg

I can't tell if Shaqiri is happy or frightened

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^I'd be scared too if I came this close to Ribery's face.

Also, I'd take Sterling over Young and Nani.
Is Drogba why we're trying our hardest to alienate Quagliarella? :/ I'd take him in a heartbeat, but if he's going to play in Africa Cup ... God, we're so desperate.
It makes no sense Zabo. Not even financially.

Salazar

Also, I'd take Sterling over Young and Nani.

I'd take him, but bench him so much he'd have a massive tantrum.

Still has a shitload of discipline to acquire. Young might be breathtakingly limited and cowardly at times, but he retains a basic awareness all the way through a match.

Labadal

Who here coaches kids?

My team has this one little kid who shows up on time or early every week, stays late, volunteers to be keeper and loves to have a laugh and is always smiling. The problem is that the little French bastard sabotages every training session we have.

We'll get a great passing rhythm going in practice and every time the ball comes to him he has to do something stupid. He boots it out or dawdles then gives it away and as soon as we ask him to do something skill related (like practicing roulettes or scissors) he cries and moans because he can't do them. If we discipline him for hoofing the ball out or slide tackling a teammate he cries and says "we're not allowed to have fun!"

He's been with us for two years and still can't pass the ball in a straight line. Where as one kid who came in couldn't pass, dribble or shoot two years ago he's now so good that all the Japanese teams we play against call him "Messi."

It's frustrating all the coaches. The main coach who is Japanese and is the brightest most positive coach a kid could ask for nearly cracked today when the ball came to him from a great chipped pass and he just hoofed it as hard as he could out of play. He has to make every session about him and get as much attention as possible but won't try even the slightest bit to improve. The girl who just signed up a month ago can now do scissors, step overs and can trap a ball and find corners in the goal. Yet this kid is just a lost cause. He also speaks French to under-6s even when we've specifically told all of them over and over that its English only at our club (since we have people from so many different countries we don't want to cliques or secrets around the pitch, and it's also a marketing angle for Japanese parents who want their kids to learn English).

Ugh. Every week pure frustration.

Ask Wilbury.

No, seriously? If he keeps on doing this, I would either have a talk with his parents or start to be a bit more strict. There isn't much else to do.

Kyoufu

#NUFC (4-3-3) v #Mcfc: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Perch, Tiote, Anita; Cisse, Ba, Gutierrez.

7-0 City.

Manager

Today's line-up:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Aguero

Let's see if City can bounce back.

Manager

If Lescott is fit it's an absolute disgrace that Mancini keeps playing Kolo, it's not right. Completely ridiculous.

What I don't get is how Mancini keeps slagging off his players yet chose to keep playing the same player next match. Why even criticize Nasri that hard if you're going to play him again next weekend?

I can see why one manager would do it if he wanted a better performance overall, but you can't expect Nasri to grow a pair of balls in just a week.

Salazar

Mancini can say what he likes about Nasri, but his shot at Clattenburg was out of order. If you're not going to appeal the decision, then shut up, and definitely don't drag up a false accusation to try and cast doubt on the man.

Can't see Tiote and Garcia making it through this without chinning each other.

If Lescott is fit it's an absolute disgrace that Mancini keeps playing Kolo, it's not right. Completely ridiculous.

What I don't get is how Mancini keeps slagging off his players yet chose to keep playing the same player next match. Why even criticize Nasri that hard if you're going to play him again next weekend?

I can see why one manager would do it if he wanted a better performance overall, but you can't expect Nasri to grow a pair of balls in just a week.
Apparently it's because he doesn't want to play left footed centre backs.

Can't quite believe Nasri has kept his place. Who's on the bench that could come in for him?

Manager

Apparently it's because he doesn't want to play left footed centre backs.

Can't quite believe Nasri has kept his place. Who's on the bench that could come in for him?

I've heard that too, but a lot of teams (most?) are playing dual right footed centre backs without issues.

Subs not released yet, but there's few wingers at City. Milner (injured), Sinclair, Kolarov (injured/left back mostly), Balotelli (forced to play winger sometimes)

Manager

"Our Argentine duo Tevez and Aguero start #together for the first time since the 5-0 win over Villa. Both scored braces that day #MCFC"

These are the things that make you scratch your head. Mancini's rotation is incredibly weird. There is literally nothing the strikers can do in order to keep their place.

LegoArmo

"Our Argentine duo Tevez and Aguero start #together for the first time since the 5-0 win over Villa. Both scored braces that day #MCFC"

These are the things that make you scratch your head. Mancini's rotation is incredibly weird. There is literally nothing the strikers can do in order to keep their place.

Aye, Fergie is mental too, but if you're scoring, you'll usually get a start.

Lewa to City? What did I miss?

Seen a stat that he's scored something like 40 goals in 85 games at Dortmund. That isn't that good tbh.

But now City want him, nah, we must have him.

Yeah, but that's one of those cases when stats don't mean much. In his first season for us, he was only subbed in for the first half of the season and played as CAM for the other half.

43 goals in 69 matches when you look at the matches he was our main striker in. Still no crazy stuff but pretty solid considering he's doing a lot for the team.

Manager

SUBS NEWS: Pantilimon, Kolarov, Lescott, Sinclair, Razak, Rekik, Dzeko

Impossible to play two left-footed central backs, so let's play the right back who has barely played for a year instead of the one who made City champions.

Feel really bad for Sinclair as well. After Nasri's performances yet still being picked, it's obvious there is just no chance of Mancini picking him over Nasri. Never giving him the chance.

Aye, Fergie is mental too, but if you're scoring, you'll usually get a start.

Having the stability with Van Persie and Rooney on top is fantastic for you. My personal opinion is that Tevez and Aguero can perform as good as those two (maybe a bit lower level), yet Mancini is sticking with Dzeko and Balotelli.

Tevez and Aguero's form hasn't been good, but they both can't just have became shit over the summer. Rotation isn't doing anyone good.

Yeah, but that's one of those cases when stats don't mean much. In his first season for us, he was only subbed in for the first half of the season and played as CAM for the other half.

43 goals in 69 matches when you look at the matches he was our main striker in. Still no crazy stuff but pretty solid considering he's doing a lot for the team.
Oh okay that makes sense. Yeah I mean whenever I watch him he does look very good so I was kind of expecting a better goal return than that.

Mancini drops Balotelli from the squad. "Needs to train better". Lol.

Sal, stop kidding yourself. You'd jizz yourself silly if you go Sterling, and no just because you'll have got one over on us. He's not good enough yet to start for a title-challenging team, but he could very well be world class in the future.

And your percieved on-pitch attitude problems seem to be based on his demeanour rather than any actual evidence.

Salazar

I said I'd have him and I'd bench him. Hardly slagged him off.

And your percieved on-pitch attitude problems seem to be based on his demeanour rather than any actual evidence.

It's not discipline in the sense of "attitude problems". It's positioning and passing. Even his fans would accept he has a lot to pick up, as well as a lot of potential to get there.

Hixx

Today's line-up:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Aguero

Let's see if City can bounce back.

Is Lescott injured or has he Pardew'd Mancini's wife?

The Echo is a great rag.

"Expected to be there will be Nicky Sharkey, the only man living to have scored five goals for Sunderland,"

lol

It's not discipline in the sense of "attitude problems". It's positioning and passing.

Fair enough. I think you're dead wrong regarding his positioning though. Even when he's been in the box recently, he's been finding the right space. His passing has been admittedly erratic in the past month or so though, and his finishing in general is poor. Needs a touch of the Suarez-training, and should be told to stop thining about hitting the corners, and focus on hitting the target with power first and foremost.

@Lego, Neill Mellor's problems were never going to be trained out of him. Massive fitness issues, dietary and injury-wise. He was never going to be a Shearer, but he could have made a decent career for himself if not for his fitness. Whether that was down to him, or whether he was restricted by genetics and bad luck, I'm not sure.

Is there many people living in or close to Manchester, here? If so, anyone wanna go see ManU vs Newcastle at Old Trafford on Boxing Day? Got two spare tickets, £50 each, tier 1 seats near the corner flag in the Stretford End.

Two fucking friends bailed on us at the last minute and we need to get rid of these tickets.

If anyone here is interested, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom