• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Moving to Barca has it's risks. They have a highly disciplined and regimented style of possession football which some high quality players struggle to adapt to.

Ibra couldn't settle, Villa has been good but nowhere near his Valencia and Spain best, and poor Alexis Sanchez has had all the spark drained out of him.

Definitely not a place where you are guaranteed to fit in. I have a friend(who hates Messi), who says anyone can play for Barca because they are surrounded by good players.

Then when I bring up Hleb, Chygrinsky, Ibra, Sanchez atm, Bojan, Jeffren etc all struggling even though some are fantastic footballers he shrugs it off lol.

Also I think Villa has been fantastic, almost Eto'o, but that leg injury slowed him down a lot unfortunately.

pulga

Banned
Definitely not a place where you are guaranteed to fit in. I have a friend(who hates Messi), who says anyone can play for Barca because they are surrounded by good players.

Then when I bring up Hleb, Chygrinsky, Ibra, Sanchez atm, Bojan, Jeffren etc all struggling even though some are fantastic footballers he shrugs it off lol.

Also I think Villa has been fantastic, almost Eto'o, but that leg injury slowed him down a lot unfortunately.

Sell us Villa please when you bring in Flopmar. And by us I mean Juve ;_;

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm about to start playing Dark Souls. What do I need to know? Yurt?
If you're dying a lot, you're in the wrong place/area.
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif

I know it's Atalanta but I don't feel safe betting on our strikers to give us a two goal win :p

Yeah I'm not sure about two goals either.
KuGsj.gif

But I hear Vucinic and Gio are starting so, who knows what's going to happen with these two?

Salazar

Rooney is a major doubt ?

If we are missing Rooney and he goes ahead and plays a Scholes/Fletcher/Giggs-oriented midfield, then Frogie is a prick.

---------------DeGOD
Jones--Smalling--Vidic----Evra
Valencia--Clev--Carrick--Young
------Welberg------RVP

And bring Chicha on.

Ashes

Banned
Rooney is a major doubt ?

If we are missing Rooney and he goes ahead and plays a Scholes/Fletcher/Giggs-oriented midfield, then Frogie is a prick.

---------------DeGOD
Jones--Smalling--Vidic----Evra
Valencia--Clev--Carrick--Young
------Welberg------RVP

And bring Chicha on.

Rooney was reportedly ill mid week.

dc89

Rooney was reportedly ill mid week.

I'd be a bit surprised if he does play. Welbeck probably needs a runaround and a bit of a morale boost, in any case.

Yeah he was. On Monday when I was in Manchester I saw a sign in Waterstones in the Arndale advertising his book signing on Tuesday. He cancelled it and said on Twitter he was ill and he is re-arranging it. I bet he got the 24 hour bug everyone seems to be getting!

He's human after all.

Salazar

Gareth Bale has held talks with the Premier League referee Andre Marriner in an attempt to discourage officials from booking him for diving.

Pull the other one.

And Rafa starts his league title talk. I dunno why he cares. He's just going to spout shite about Chelsea being the best team in the league no matter where they finish.

dc89

Pull the other one.

And Rafa starts his league title talk. I dunno why he cares. He's just going to spout shite about Chelsea being the best team in the league no matter where they finish.

But if they win the Club World Cup they are the best club...

28154974.jpg

Salazar

You've got me there.

Silva said:
We hope one day we'll be able to be a club that is talked about like Barcelona. It's hard to say we're close to that because, although we won the Premier League, we went out of the Champions League, but it's a question of working at it and trying to make more of an impact in Europe."

Fuckin :lol

dc89

Manchester City, the English Premier League team owned by Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, is close to being awarded a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Queens, New York, for a record $100 million, three people with direct knowledge of the talks said.

The team would be known as the New York City Football Club and has contacted former England national team captain David Beckham about a role, two of the people said. Manchester City will explore other leagues around the world, seeking a way to expand its brand, two of the people said.

Manchester City, which won the Premier League last season, will pay more than two times the previous record for an MLS team, said the people, who requested anonymity because team and stadium contracts aren’t signed.

MLS spokesman Dan Courtemanche said via telephone that the league has held discussions with a number of possible ownership groups and that no expansion agreement has been completed.

“Our discussions remain private,” he said.

Simon Heggie, a spokesman for Manchester City, said in an e-mail yesterday that he was unaware of any such deal.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...ose-to-becoming-owner-of-mls-queens-team.html

Let's do this!! There is more at the source, such as talk of a 25,000 seater stadium to be built close to where they hold the US Open Tennis competition!

Salazar

Simon Heggie, a spokesman for Manchester City, said in an e-mail yesterday that he was unaware of any such deal.

I suppose moar City expenditure doesn't have have much PR compatibility with

Manchester City will present a stern test for Uefa's new financial fair play rules when they come into force for the 2014-15 season after the club announced a loss of £97.9m for the last financial year. Uefa rules allow clubs in European competitions to make a total loss of €45m between 2011 and 2013, if that loss is bankrolled by an owner. So, City's loss for 2011-12 alone is almost treble the figure allowed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
cordec15_0.jpg

Juve in London for Drogba.

Drogba is in London?

-

Question: Who's the 2nd best player in the world this season? Because it isn't CR7, IMO.

Or Falcao really. 16 goals, 6 penalties and five in one game.

Oxx

Is there a soccer/football team in New York that follows the Jets/Mets/Nets convention?

New York Fets Football Club?
New York Sets Soccer?

GorillaJu

Who here coaches kids?

My team has this one little kid who shows up on time or early every week, stays late, volunteers to be keeper and loves to have a laugh and is always smiling. The problem is that the little French bastard sabotages every training session we have.

We'll get a great passing rhythm going in practice and every time the ball comes to him he has to do something stupid. He boots it out or dawdles then gives it away and as soon as we ask him to do something skill related (like practicing roulettes or scissors) he cries and moans because he can't do them. If we discipline him for hoofing the ball out or slide tackling a teammate he cries and says "we're not allowed to have fun!"

He's been with us for two years and still can't pass the ball in a straight line. Where as one kid who came in couldn't pass, dribble or shoot two years ago he's now so good that all the Japanese teams we play against call him "Messi."

It's frustrating all the coaches. The main coach who is Japanese and is the brightest most positive coach a kid could ask for nearly cracked today when the ball came to him from a great chipped pass and he just hoofed it as hard as he could out of play. He has to make every session about him and get as much attention as possible but won't try even the slightest bit to improve. The girl who just signed up a month ago can now do scissors, step overs and can trap a ball and find corners in the goal. Yet this kid is just a lost cause. He also speaks French to under-6s even when we've specifically told all of them over and over that its English only at our club (since we have people from so many different countries we don't want to cliques or secrets around the pitch, and it's also a marketing angle for Japanese parents who want their kids to learn English).

Ugh. Every week pure frustration.

looks like the DFB refs felt bad for Dortmund after what happened to them last week. what a joke penalty

Hahaha, oh wow.

Also, German media says Lewandowski will leave after this season (no surprise really) and City is offering Dzeko + future wages payments for him. Obviously bullshit but would be okay for me :D

GorillaJu

Hahaha, oh wow.

Also, German media says Lewandowski will leave after this season (no surprise really) and City is offering Dzeko + future wages payments for him. Obviously bullshit but would be okay for me :D

Dzeko will go to Dortmund and (again) become one of the best players in Germany. Lewa will go to City and everyone will wonder what the hell happened as he stops scoring and finds himself relegated to the bench after a few months of mediocre performances.

Lewa to City? What did I miss?

Seen a stat that he's scored something like 40 goals in 85 games at Dortmund. That isn't that good tbh.

But now City want him, nah, we must have him.

Salazar

Sterling still not signing.

Banned Paper says we want him. Seems like total bollocks, but it would be hilarious.

Fuck off Raheem ur career just went downhill etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom