• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Rule one: Put your body in front of the ball
Rule two: Use your pace in bursts
Rule three: Be audacious

Editor's note: If indeed you are like Rodwell then Rules two and three aren't possible.

Points noted.

It's all down to the naughtiness of the shorts.

I wonder if Arnie wears short shorts?

simpsons.png

It's baffling really. All I heard of the guy was that he was some star at Dortmund, everyone on here was singing his praises, United fans were vociferously calling for him to join their scummy cult, and then he leaves for Madrid. I, like the others who assumed he was some uber talent couldn't understand why he wasn't getting a game. Then he joins Liverpool and, based on performance alone, I'd rather see Jordan Henderson playing instead of him.

As I say, baffling.

Well, it was rather "easy" for him to shine in this team. He had an incredible Bender destroying almost every attack as partner and a team that was running like crazy every match. There's no point in long balls when no one's running to get them.

I still believe in his skills but it's an incredible hard situation for him. Hasn't played for more than a year, Real dream is done, lacking confidence and then there's Gerrard who's pretty much playing his role. Not sure what he should do next, don't think Liverpool is the right club to stay at. I'd tell him to go for a midtable club with Europa League ambitions that could build a team around him, otherwise I don't see him getting his carreer back on track.

Aye, the problem is that we've already got two preferred deep lying central midfielders. Allen's been impeccable for the most part this season, and Gerrard's Gerrard, which means he's undroppable when he's fit. The problem with dropping Gerrard is also his ability to play a killer ball at any moment, even if he's having an off game. Factor in the return of Lucas, who's an automatic starter as the man behind the back four and you see the dilemma for Sahin.

Not only that, but in the times he's been given a place in the team he hasn't looked as impressive as the likes of Henderson, and Shelvey, who're both young players pushing on in their careers.

I'd love him to take his chance and play like he did at Dortmund, but thus far he's struggled with the pace of the game. He's also looked really lightweight, and fragile, which hasn't been something we can afford whilst Lucas was out.

Yeah, I think Liverpool was the wrong option for him. He probably still overestimated his abilites/form and thought he'd snatch a starter spot in no time. Dumbass..
He looked anonymous (in terms of defense and offense) in every Liverpool match I've seen him in - he just merely drifts along for the most part. And I absolutely understand Rodgers when he tries to push his own kids rather than try & error with Sahin.

There are rumors of him wanting to come back to Dortmund or us trying to sign him, but I'd rather we didn't even though I'm sure Klopp would reinvigorate his career, but morally he should try to sort out his own fate.

It's baffling really. All I heard of the guy was that he was some star at Dortmund, everyone on here was singing his praises, United fans were vociferously calling for him to join their scummy cult, and then he leaves for Madrid. I, like the others who assumed he was some uber talent couldn't understand why he wasn't getting a game. Then he joins Liverpool and, based on performance alone, I'd rather see Jordan Henderson playing instead of him.

As I say, baffling.
Well, he never got the chance vs. Xabi (along with being injured at the onset of his Real career) and yeah Mou probably didn't want to adjust his strategy to him which would entail Khedira being his sole bodyguard while he works his magic, but also the fullback/winger on his side and the 10er to burst into space & try to create room for him. He's not very good in close quarters (unlike Gündogan). And yeah, overall he's just not that strong defensively so again, you'd need the rest of the team to act on defense too.

/edit
Milchmonster already said as much. Bender was like his butler, lol

You fuckers all need to arrange a meetup for next summer or something! We know what most of each other look like now through the facebook group and no one looks like a rapist other than maybe Wilbury.

You fuckers all need to arrange a meetup for next summer or something! We know what most of each other look like now through the facebook group and no one looks like a rapist other than maybe Wilbury.

That Tim guy too.

Will be coming to London sometime in the summer, so i will just demand people to meet up with me then if I get time and am bored.

Ugh, we can do a hangout in google+ or something (I heard it works with up to 9 ppl.). I'd never share my rl info/fb with gaf, lol
Damn youngings don't value their privacy anymore/get off my lawn.

signed: someone with his rl pic as av, lol :|

That Tim guy too.

Will be coming to London sometime in the summer, so i will just demand people to meet up with me then if I get time and am bored.

I am sure I remember reading that Awesome Animals is coming this way next summer too :D Also I will be 18 by then :lol

Enjoy Bully Quiche, loved that game.

I played a bit of it on PS2 when it came out and again on 360 but have never really got deep into it! I am really excited to try and finish it this time!

Ugh, we can do a hangout in google+ or something (I heard it works with up to 9 ppl.). I'd never share my rl info/fb with gaf, lol
Damn youngings don't value their privacy anymore/get off my lawn.

signed: someone with his rl pic as av, lol :|

Also this would be quite fun during a game or something :lol

Someone hold me. Cellino is now saying it's Juve's fault if Cagliari - Juve will be played in Parma's stadium. Ahahahahahhaha. I'm having a hard time hating on anybody lately (there are exceptions though, like Napoli), but this miserable creature, this sorry excuse for a human being ... I'd fucking spit in his eye on the spot and call his mother a filthy whore, if I ever saw him. SERIE B, MERDA. THE SOONER, THE BETTER.

I hope we fucking destroy them tonight.

It's just silly shit. Like, of course we would refuse to go to play in Cagliari since our travelling fans need to know where the fuck to go, and our own team needs to make our own arrangements. And, anyway, if we're given the choice, of course we'd pick Parma which is much closer to Torino.

LOL Timurid with the Serie B pic. I much prefer our banter with you than with dearly departed Andres. I really fucking miss Dash and Frank, though. Fucking Interistas are always worth a laugh, and though I like TheLucifer's schadenfreude, I love Frank's attempts to believe Milan are the best squad in Serie A.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOL Timurid with the Serie B pic. I much prefer our banter with you than with dearly departed Andres. I really fucking miss Dash and Frank, though. Fucking Interistas are always worth a laugh, and though I like TheLucifer's schadenfreude, I love Frank's attempts to believe Milan are the best squad in Serie A.

My fav. frank moment was seeing him talk shit after topping the league for one-two weeks.

He deliberately tried to ignore the fact that we had a game in hand.

pulga

Banned
Bioshock is a Top 5 game from this gen for me <3

next year's Chelsea away? Not bad.

I like it! Fuck I'm even tempted to buy it...

01.jpg

Remember? lololololol

Timmy's so cute with his trolling attempts :lol

What's the FB group link?

Any gaffers mind doing a little avatar work? Looking to get this picture of Beardlo the Lion on a transparent background. Hair is impossible for my skills, though. Will pay back by supporting your non-serie a team.

154956_583181778375722_1047873899_n.png

Lol, I just read that Zenit got Liverpool in the "rehearsal draw" too. Shit is so fixed, not that I'm complaining. We were probably the ones who rigged it so we could draw a minnow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom