• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

avVpN.jpg

Promotion for the new Japanese website.

rodvik

On top of that, they get a chance to watch one of the most exciting young teams in the league dismantle Chelsea and their plastic flags at Stamford Bridge! We have some of the best away supporters too, or so I've been told.

I am enjoying this weeks optimism gonna enjoy it till Sunday :)

By the way, one extra advantage we have when we beat Chelsea in the League Cup final is we will be in Europe!

Suuweeeeeettt!

Hixx

Seems like Fletch will be fit for the Southampton game... in two minds whether I'd like him to play. He tore Reading a new arsehole but we keep risking him with this ankle injury when Wickham has looked good whenever he's played... just hope AJ and Rose are fit too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
An Ostrich just killed me in Far Cry 3. I'm handing in my gamer's license.

That was as bad as being ambushed by a crab in Oblivion.

Wes

venison crêpe
An Ostrich just killed me in Far Cry 3. I'm handing in my gamer's license.

That was as bad as being ambushed by a crab in Oblivion.

I've been playing on Hard mode and I find it rather easy. The stuff you need to sense enemies and heal yourself are so readily available, as is ammo.

I think it would've been better without shops, having to properly scrounge for ammo.

Timurid

I've been playing on Hard mode and I find it rather easy. The stuff you need to sense enemies and heal yourself are so readily available, as is ammo.

I think it would've been better without shops, having to properly scrounge for ammo.

They should of added attachments for the AK. Also, they should of made the player buy the weapons instead of earning them for free.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Yeah it's not that hard really.

Fucking hell, my inventory is almost always full.

elseanio

Yeah it's not that hard really.

Fucking hell, my inventory is almost always full.

I hate inventories in games. I disable the limit in the likes of The Witcher and Skyrim. Not sure on how it would impact the survival aspect of Far Cry, I guess it's part of the game mechanics that you need to choose what shit to keep.

Arnie

So who wants to buy Quiche Bully on Steam?

I have already spent a tenner on the 2 batman games and a present for my brother! :lol

I'm buying my best mate a birthday present now, and he's a blue, so I'm on the Everton club shop.

Might just get him a home shirt, but the Everton gilet is really catching my eye. I fucking love club clobber, even if the majority of it is shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hate inventories in games. I disable the limit in the likes of The Witcher and Skyrim. Not sure on how it would impact the survival aspect of Far Cry, I guess it's part of the game mechanics that you need to choose what shit to keep.
Hey that's a good idea actually! I did that in The Witcher 1 and 2.

It's just an inconvenience and it breaks the immersion. (To me at least)

next year's Chelsea away? Not bad.

Looks strange and I really like this years one. It isn't terrible at least.

Tempted with Borderlands 2. Played through the first one and it was awesome.

Doubt it will go much cheaper than £15 either :/

Got it free with my Graphics Card and only played like an hour before that on 360. I found it too similar to the first one and got bored quick. Going to play through it with a friend when he gets his PC over the holiday.

Did anyone watch the Bioshock Infinite opening? I couldn't help myself. Bioshock is probably my favourite game of this generation. Looks absolutely incredible.

Tc91

Got it free with my Graphics Card and only played like an hour before that on 360. I found it too similar to the first one and got bored quick. Going to play through it with a friend when he gets his PC over the holiday.

Yeah that's what I'm planning to do, co-op could be quite fun.

GB - Bioshock opening did look quite good, but that VGA trailer.. my god. Felt like too much was going on for me.

Arnie

Did anyone watch the Bioshock Infinite opening? I couldn't help myself. Bioshock is probably my favourite game of this generation. Looks absolutely incredible.

Saving myself.

Bioshock was my favourite game this generation as well, and I pretty much know I'll love Infinite. I know the general gist of the opening, and why it's special for fans of the original, but I figure I'll hold off to see it with my eyes. I'll try, anyway.

Just bought my mate this. He's going to look fucking naughty at the astro. I'll flank him in my Warrior trackies.

GorillaJu

BioShock was a really fantastic game I'm glad footyGaf isn't joining in on the senseless backlash. I can't wait for Infinite.

Not the best game of this gen though. That honor belongs to Demon's Souls and I don't think anything is gonna touch it.

Hope Nuri scuba diver gets a go soon.

training10_50d348673dd0c823935788.jpg

He hasn't played as a 10er since his youth in the Dortmund reserves/on loan at Rotterdam in like 2007. He's too slow, you can't really use him anywhere else but CM.
Meh, I don't really care about him anymore. Shouldn't have left us.
Gündogan is better than him. In terms of his overall tech. ability, dribblings, speed. He just sometimes lacks the superb vision/intuition for plays that Sahin once possessed. He'll get there though.

dc89

I was crap at football tonight. I constantly did the hard part, like a dribble or controlling the ball well but then either pass it straight to the keeper or a member of the opposite team.

I guess I was Rodwell :(

I was crap at football tonight. I constantly did the hard part, like a dribble or controlling the ball well but then either pass it straight to the keeper or a member of the opposite team.

Not really seeing as you were actually playing. Sounds more like Torres.

You were there, so you're already a step up for Rodwell.

Hixx

that's the easy part, what.

The hard part is being effective

Arnie

He hasn't played as a 10er since his youth in the Dortmund reserves/on loan at Rotterdam in like 2007. He's too slow, you can't really use him anywhere else but CM.
Meh, I don't really care about him anymore. Shouldn't have left us.
Gündogan is better than him. In terms of his overall tech. ability, dribblings, speed. He just sometimes lacks the superb vision/intuition for plays that Sahin once possessed. He'll get there though.

Aye, the problem is that we've already got two preferred deep lying central midfielders. Allen's been impeccable for the most part this season, and Gerrard's Gerrard, which means he's undroppable when he's fit. The problem with dropping Gerrard is also his ability to play a killer ball at any moment, even if he's having an off game. Factor in the return of Lucas, who's an automatic starter as the man behind the back four and you see the dilemma for Sahin.

Not only that, but in the times he's been given a place in the team he hasn't looked as impressive as the likes of Henderson, and Shelvey, who're both young players pushing on in their careers.

I'd love him to take his chance and play like he did at Dortmund, but thus far he's struggled with the pace of the game. He's also looked really lightweight, and fragile, which hasn't been something we can afford whilst Lucas was out.

Zabojnik

Someone hold me. Cellino is now saying it's Juve's fault if Cagliari - Juve will be played in Parma's stadium. Ahahahahahhaha. I'm having a hard time hating on anybody lately (there are exceptions though, like Napoli), but this miserable creature, this sorry excuse for a human being ... I'd fucking spit in his eye on the spot and call his mother a filthy whore, if I ever saw him. SERIE B, MERDA. THE SOONER, THE BETTER.

I hope we fucking destroy them tonight.

Arnie

I think I need Arnie to coach me :p In the art of being a stocky little fooker :p

Rule one: Put your body in front of the ball
Rule two: Use your pace in bursts
Rule three: Be audacious

Editor's note: If indeed you are like Rodwell then Rules two and three aren't possible.

Timurid

Someone hold me. Cellino is now saying it's Juve's fault if Cagliari - Juve will be played in Parma's stadium. Ahahahahahhaha. I'm having a hard time hating on anybody lately (there are exceptions though, like Napoli), but this miserable creature, this sorry excuse for a human being ... I'd fucking spit in his eye on the spot and call his mother a filthy whore, if I ever saw him. SERIE B, MERDA. THE SOONER, THE BETTER.

01.jpg

Remember? lololololol

Aye, the problem is that we've already got two preferred deep lying central midfielders. Allen's been impeccable for the most part this season, and Gerrard's Gerrard, which means he's undroppable when he's fit. The problem with dropping Gerrard is also his ability to play a killer ball at any moment, even if he's having an off game. Factor in the return of Lucas, who's an automatic starter as the man behind the back four and you see the dilemma for Sahin.

Not only that, but in the times he's been given a place in the team he hasn't looked as impressive as the likes of Henderson, and Shelvey, who're both young players pushing on in their careers.

I'd love him to take his chance and play like he did at Dortmund, but thus far he's struggled with the pace of the game. He's also looked really lightweight, and fragile, which hasn't been something we can afford whilst Lucas was out.

I think I posted that already some weeks ago. 09/10 BVB developed around him and that made him so awesome in 10/11. That's also why he struggles at new clubs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggling if he returned to us, too.

Zabojnik

Remember? lololololol

Oh, we do. No need to ask you the same though, is there? Toro's natural habitat. <3

Oh granata topo di fogna,
di Torino sei la vergogna.
La vostra massima aspirazione,
festeggiare la promozione.
Noi in Europa giochiam lontano,
voi al massimo ad Orbassano.
Da troppi anni cercate gloria,
solo Superga vi ha fatto storia.
Quando torni dal purgatorio,
sogni sempre acquisti d'oro,
ma alla fine la storia vera,
che Turin al'&#269; bianca e neira!

Arnie

I think I posted that already some weeks ago. 09/10 BVB developed around him and that made him so awesome in 10/11. That's also why he struggles at new clubs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggling if he returned to us, too.

It's baffling really. All I heard of the guy was that he was some star at Dortmund, everyone on here was singing his praises, United fans were vociferously calling for him to join their scummy cult, and then he leaves for Madrid. I, like the others who assumed he was some uber talent couldn't understand why he wasn't getting a game. Then he joins Liverpool and, based on performance alone, I'd rather see Jordan Henderson playing instead of him.

As I say, baffling.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeaah we remember Timurid!

Really weird comments by him. How's is our fault his own stadium was declared unsafe to the public since last season.

He's motivating our team to really go for it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom