• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

J.EvGod signs new contract at MUFC.

Rafael injured for Swansea. Nani still crocked. Doesn't sound like Shinji time.

Ferguson says he thinks Giggs can play for 'at least a couple of years' too

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF

bud

i find ankle tats to be very erotic.

tattoos on women in general turn me on as long as it doesn't look like shit or is shit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
J.EvGod signs new contract at MUFC.

Rafael injured for Swansea. Nani still crocked. Doesn't sound like Shinji time.

Do we really believe this? I bet he's already emptied his locker and is just waiting for the 1st of January.

Fergie's doing what Steve Kean did re Salgado and Nelsen, saying they're out long term when really he just wants rid.

I knew Newcastle situation was a bit iffy to say the least, but 3 points in their last 7 fixtures? That's terrible.

They've lost to some shitty, shitty teams as well. The only win was against a 10 man Wigan who looked decent till they lost a man. I think they'll stay up but they really need to get their injured player backs. We've had similar injuries to them so far this season but we actually bought some new players to beef up the squad. Newcastle didn't and they're paying the price.

3Sixty

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He'd probably want to play Valencia into form/fitness in any case, true enough.

I don't feel like we can, or should, get rid without acquiring another dedicated wide player, though.

theo-walcott_1016892c.jpg

Facism

The Raul Meireles ban is complete bullshit. this is what you get with corruption so rife in a league where the TFA allows a HARDCORE galatasaray fan to officiate the game. it's like letting Howard Webb ref an England game.

I still remember the picture of Halis Ozkahya that Besiktas fans found, where he's wearing a Galatasaray kit and enjoying his bestest favouritism team eva, Galatasaray.

11 games. Fuck off, Turkish Football Federation. How anyone can look at that sort of ban and not think "dodgy dealing" i don't know.

supposedly his hand gesture, which is supposed to have signified that the ref was a coward, means you're homosexual (derogatory) in Turkey. First i've heard of such a gesture, and i'm pretty turkish.

Salazar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oe79rkkVgc

Reminds me of Karl and the burgers and grapes.

Rafa is a hamstring strain.

Rafael misses United’s trip to Swansea on Sunday, while Jonny Evans is available again and Nemanja Vidic is set to be named on the bench after his comeback from a knee injury.

Brazilian right-back Rafael missed the 3-1 win over Sunderland last weekend with a hamstring strain and he will not be risked for the trip to Wales. Vidic was a second-half substitute against the Black Cats in his first outing since September, but he is unlikely to play from the start.

Evans, who has just signed a new contract, suffered a groin injury at Manchester City but is available for selection. Elsewhere, Nani is still suffering from a hamstring injury and will not travel, while Shinji Kagawa is due to start training next week.

“Jonny has had one or two injuries but hopefully they're behind him now,” the boss said at his pre-match press conference. “He's fit for Sunday, while Kagawa takes training with the first team on Monday.

Wilbur

Banned
"I won't celebrate if I score against United," Ronaldo told the Spanish newspaper AS. "I still speak with Ferguson. I miss him a lot, and I miss Manchester United. I felt very good there, it was like a family.

"I had six great years there and am still friends with my team-mates. It is thanks to Manchester United that I am here playing for Real Madrid. Without them, I wouldn't be the player I am today."

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Nice little interview in the Guardian today.

Celtic's season, which has already seen a victory over arguably the best team ever, Barcelona, as well as progression to the last 16 of the Champions League, could not have started better. On one Sunday afternoon in August, Sir Alex Ferguson paid a visit to Celtic's training ground, and in doing so, played a part in Lennon's coaching development.

"He gave us two hours of his time, which he didn't have to do, and I thought it was a brilliant gesture," says Lennon. "It was in the privacy of a room at the training ground, just myself and my backroom staff, some tea and pancakes.

"He was in great form. He has given us little tit bits along the way for the Champions League games. I'm not saying that has got us over the line, but every little bit helps. He was one of the only managers to write me a letter when we won the championship in May and I'll be eternally grateful to him for that, as well."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/21/neil-lennon-interview-alex-ferguson?CMP=twt_gu

Classy stuff from Fergie.

"I won't celebrate if I score against United," Ronaldo told the Spanish newspaper AS. "I still speak with Ferguson. I miss him a lot, and I miss Manchester United. I felt very good there, it was like a family.

"I had six great years there and am still friends with my team-mates. It is thanks to Manchester United that I am here playing for Real Madrid. Without them, I wouldn't be the player I am today."

ijvMyy1wORgFG.gif

Oxx

I'm surprised Cronaldo didn't say: "I won't celebrate when I score against United".

He has lost his confidence. Must still be sad.

Hixx

"Match of the Day ‏@BBCMOTD
We have seven Match of the Days over the festive period. All on BBC One & BBC One HD. Dec 22nd/23rd/26th/29th/30th. Jan 1st & 2nd."

I DO LUV CHRISTMAS

FUCK winter breaks

Hixx

"Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he is willing to give Mario Balotelli another chance but the striker needs to "deserve it"."

Show some bollocks Mancini and get rid. It's like watching a never ending lovers tiff between these two.

Tc91

"Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he is willing to give Mario Balotelli another chance but the striker needs to "deserve it"."

Show some bollocks Mancini and get rid. It's like watching a never ending lovers tiff between these two.

Just seen on SSN that in 13 games Balotelli has played City have a 43% win ratio.

Without him in the team? 100%.

Clegg

Balotelli has the potential to be a good player. I don't think he'll be world class though.

And City isn't the right club for him. He needs to go somewhere where he'd be the undisputed #1 striker. He's behind Aguero and Tevez right now. Dzeko is also less likely to do something stupid.

GQman2121

Banned
Malaga banned for the next four Champions Leagues? Time to get our books in order. FIFA might not be fucking around with this fair play shit.

Smeghead

Anyone know when the juve - celtic tickets go on sale for normal folk? Looked Celtics website and they're on sale Saturday morning but it's only for season ticket holders.

Where would be the best place to get them?

Hixx

lmao

"John O'Shea has called for Sunderland to look towards Norwich for inspiration"

Could this season be any more depressing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom