• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll get a favourable result. I don't care if we win or draw, to be honest. I'd honestly like to draw to hear the Cunte matchfixing stuff because the salt tastes so good.

Anderson

Get ready for a Torres hattrick. I have £200 on it.

6a00d8341bfa1853ef010535d2dc55970b-800wi.jpg

Brinbe

Based on this, we'll probably see that Carrick-Fletcher-Anderson midfield against City with RVP in there somewhere. That being said, I quite like this current set-up, except for perhaps Giggs (and he's not as bad in a 3-man MF).

LegoArmo

So? It happens. Celtic may have done great this season but that's not a formality. City for example done great last season and would of comfortably qualified in any other group with their points, and again, probably had the hardest group.

There will be seasons were the best teams under perform and the worst teams over perform.

City's points total last year was padded by 2 wins over a terrible Villareal side who ended on 0 points, and a win over an already qualified Bayern.

Their only decent result was the point at home to Napoli, really.

So yeah, shit happens, but it's not an excuse, City have been spineless, Chelsea have shown plenty of spine, but underperformed in general. And like I said, kind of hoping you go through.

Clegg

Based on this, we'll probably see that Carrick-Fletcher-Anderson midfield against City with RVP in there somewhere. That being said, I quite like this current set-up, except for perhaps Giggs (and he's not as bad in a 3-man MF).

Anderson is injured and won't play.

Fletcher is also pretty crap now.

We'll probably see Carrick-Scholes for the City game.

City's points total last year was padded by 2 wins over a terrible Villareal side who ended on 0 points, and a win over an already qualified Bayern.

Their only decent result was the point at home to Napoli, really.

So yeah, shit happens, but it's not an excuse, City have been spineless, Chelsea have shown plenty of spine, but underperformed in general. And like I said, kind of hoping you go through.
I actually wouldn't be bothered not going through. We've done nothing to deserve it and we have no chance of winning the completion. Might as well concentrate on what we can win.

I actually wouldn't be bothered not going through. We've done nothing to deserve it and we have no chance of winning the completion. Might as well concentrate on what we can win.

Having no chance of winning the competition... I've heard that before when everyone were laughing at the prediction of Chelsea winning CL last season. The team looks pretty bad right now, but it isn't that far away (January could fix it) from being able to compete with the very best and with the luck needed to win CL, get it again.

Nordjsaelland keeper pulling off a couple of worldies.

Having no chance of winning the competition... I've heard that before when everyone were laughing at the prediction of Chelsea winning CL last season. The team looks pretty bad right now, but it isn't that far away (January could fix it) from being able to compete with the very best and with the luck needed to win CL, get it again.
Nah, last season was different. The stage was set. We wont get that luck two years on the trot and don't have the same attitude we had.

LegoArmo

Aye, Rafa has quite a good history in Europe, plus you're buying a striker, obviously.

Nah, last season was different. The stage was set. We wont get that luck two years on the trot and don't have the same attitude we had.

Well it's not like I have huge beliefs of it happening, but I would certainly be pretty annoyed at not getting the chance after Christmas.

Aye, Rafa has quite a good history in Europe, plus you're buying a striker, obviously.

Rafa will be out anyway, MOURINHO WILL BRING THE GLORY.

Brinbe

Anderson is injured and won't play.

Fletcher is also pretty crap now.

We'll probably see Carrick-Scholes for the City game.

Right! God, completely forgot that Ando picked up that injury at the end. Yep, Carrick-Scholes it is, probably. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom