• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Prison Mike

Banned
That was a few years before I started following the EPL. Winning Eleven got me hooked on futbol. So it was about picking a team. I think it was 2006 and most people jumped on the United, Chelsea, Arsenal bandwagons. I wanted someone middle of the road and they had my favorite US players, Claudio Renya and DaMarcus Beasley. So I did not have to endure the lowest of the lows.
City fan for 30 add years here its been a up and down journey i tell you haha

Dark Rider

A nice appetizer for tonight. My beloved Man City went into Anfield and won a match there for the first time since 2003. As banged up as Liverpool is, Man City is playing w/o Augero and De Bruyne.

14 straight wins across all competitions. Tied for the most for an English top flight team since 1892.

fF1yIJj.jpg

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:

The banter will escalate from here.

Dark Rider

[Simon Stone] Pep gives the pot one final stir: "You are looking for excuses when you complain. When you make excuses you can't perform. Excuses don’t work in sport. I am not judging what the other managers say. Jurgen said we had two weeks off. What his purpose for that was I don’t know."

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

[Harris] Confirmed: Borussia Mönchengladbach’s home games against Manchester City FC moved to Puskás Aréna in Budapest on Feb 24 due to Germany’s travel restrictions

Dark Rider

[Official] First round of 16 leg between Chelsea and Atlético Madrid to be played in Romania

Azurro

Banned
Shame you didn't use your hopes coming true to win the lottery :messenger_smirking:
And I think you will win at least one of those three but not all of them :pie_thinking:

I don't know if we will win any of them, though Coppa Italia sounds more realistic, if Atalanta makes it to the final I can see that game being a massive pain in the ass for us, very difficult team that plays really well, even if the defense is leaky, their attack is really fluid and all the players there buy into Gasperini's philosophy. Napoli is more of a mess, though it'd be sweet to see them complain about some non existent thing yet again.

As for the other two, the Scudetto doesn't depend entirely on us, aside from trying to win every single game available, we need Inter and Milan to drop points...which is feasible, Milan is overperforming IMO and Inter is Inter, but still, it won't be easy.

The CL remains the dream, and it depends on a crazy combination of factors. No one can ever plan on winning this competition, no matter who you are.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

I don't know if we will win any of them, though Coppa Italia sounds more realistic, if Atalanta makes it to the final I can see that game being a massive pain in the ass for us, very difficult team that plays really well, even if the defense is leaky, their attack is really fluid and all the players there buy into Gasperini's philosophy. Napoli is more of a mess, though it'd be sweet to see them complain about some non existent thing yet again.

As for the other two, the Scudetto doesn't depend entirely on us, aside from trying to win every single game available, we need Inter and Milan to drop points...which is feasible, Milan is overperforming IMO and Inter is Inter, but still, it won't be easy.

The CL remains the dream, and it depends on a crazy combination of factors. No one can ever plan on winning this competition, no matter who you are.

Coppa: You have a very realistic chance of winning it and you are in fact the favorites. Yes Atalanta have a good attack but their leaky defense will do them in with Cristiano on your attack.

Scudetto: In recent years we seen Juve drop deep into the table multiple times but in the end still win it so you are not fooling anyone this season :messenger_smirking:

UCL: We will have a better picture on who is on form and ready once the dust is settled in round 16 I think so we will see about that.

New record for my city boys games won in row

Congrats, lets see how high you can set the record this time :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Matt Law] Marina Granovskaia has not given up on Kepa Arrizabalaga - but he is running out of chances. There is a sense Marina force Kepa to be given a second chance before having to make a final decision on his future.

Forcing the new manager to do things is not a good idea.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Coppa: You have a very realistic chance of winning it and you are in fact the favorites. Yes Atalanta have a good attack but their leaky defense will do them in with Cristiano on your attack.

Scudetto: In recent years we seen Juve drop deep into the table multiple times but in the end still win it so you are not fooling anyone this season :messenger_smirking:

UCL: We will have a better picture on who is on form and ready once the dust is settled in round 16 I think so we will see about that.

Technically that was just once. :D :D :D

True, the CL is pretty open this year. Madrid is far from being at their best, though they always engage Super Saiyan mode in the CL, Barcelona has an aging Messi and the mess that is the entire club, from the board to the patched up squad. Bayern is less powerful than last year, they are not in this crazy run like last time, PSG I doubt can make it to the final again. The team most on form so far is City, but that can change from month to month.

Who do you put your money on for this year's CL?

[Matt Law] Marina Granovskaia has not given up on Kepa Arrizabalaga - but he is running out of chances. There is a sense Marina force Kepa to be given a second chance before having to make a final decision on his future.

Forcing the new manager to do things is not a good idea.

It's not, but they have to when their investment was of 70 Million pounds so. I doubt anyone will pay even half of that if they sell him, that's a painful loss.

Dark Rider

[Sky Sports] 🗣️ "I was a little bit surprised by him wanting to have a scan" Jose Mourinho explains why Gareth Bale was not in the Spurs squad against Everton in the #FACup

Because he want to go play golf instead.

Dark Rider

Technically that was just once. :D :D :D

Once being deep in the table but multiple times behind with a good margin and still win it so you are winning the scudetto this year again no one is falling for it :messenger_beaming:

True, the CL is pretty open this year. Madrid is far from being at their best, though they always engage Super Saiyan mode in the CL, Barcelona has an aging Messi and the mess that is the entire club, from the board to the patched up squad. Bayern is less powerful than last year, they are not in this crazy run like last time, PSG I doubt can make it to the final again. The team most on form so far is City, but that can change from month to month.

Who do you put your money on for this year's CL?

Atlético are scary this season and they have a legit chance if they perform the same way they do in the league, Barcelona are incoherent at the moment so I don't think they can do it, Real Madrid have too many injuries to do anything, Bayern have a chance but they need to show up in form (which they don't always do this season), Juventus can do it if they perform on the top level but they are in consistent this season BUT they are on an upward trajectory now which is the best time for the CL so who knows, Manchester City are good but they need to need to go one notch up I think to fully take advantage of the rest of the clubs situation (save for Atlético which are in excellent shape).

It's not, but they have to when their investment was of 70 Million pounds so. I doubt anyone will pay even half of that if they sell him, that's a painful loss.

It is clear he is not on the level for that price and to top it off he can't handle the pressure so putting more pressure on him will drop the price even further down the drain.

Dark Rider

Agnelli will not remove Conte’s star at the Stadium, despite requests from fans. The merits of the former captain and coach outweigh the current conflict. The Scudetti, the Champions League trophy and the role as a leader has given Conte one of 50 stars that pave the walkway around the Stadium.

Dark Rider

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Genoa president Enrico Preziosi exchanged blows with the Udinese vice president during the Lega Serie A assembly lunch break. The conflict was over TV rights which wasn't even on the agenda.

Dark Rider

[Dan KP] Strain between Mourinho & Bale over the forward's fitness. Mourinho is expected to update on Bale's availability vs Man City this afternoon after Bale surprised by his manager's comments on Wednesday

[Benge] Mourinho says Gareth Bale's social media post about a good training session was "a contradiction with reality"

It's heating up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Bale has been coasting on his alleged ability far too long. He clearly wants to be paid a ton for doing nothing so he can sit on his arse and play golf.

He doesn’t even come across like he wants to fight for anything

Dark Rider

Bale has been coasting on his alleged ability far too long. He clearly wants to be paid a ton for doing nothing so he can sit on his arse and play golf.

He doesn’t even come across like he wants to fight for anything

No, it is Spurs and Jose fault they are torturing poor Bale and not giving him a chance.

Just like how it was Real Madrid and Zidane fault before he is loaned to Spurs.

Dark Rider

Mourinho: "I have to admit Bale's Instagram post created a need of being addressed. It was a contradiction between the post and the reality. Since the beginning of the season, I tried to be very private and tried to keep everything indoors but I felt that I needed to address the situation.

Bale showing the media/fans things the club manager/training team feel is not true? Must be a first for him :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Jorginho's agent says the Chelsea and Italy midfielder is open to moving back to Serie A in the summer

DonJorginho DonJorginho in shambles

Dark Rider

[GFFN] Breaking | Dayot Upamecano has chosen Bayern Munich as his new club, according to RMC. Bayern will pay his RB Leipzig release clause. More follows.

Dark Rider

[PLZ Soccer] Kyle Lafferty; “It's even more exciting how Celtic have crumbled. It's an added bonus for Rangers and their fans”.

Dark Rider

Pep should let Ederson take penalties. Goalies taking penalties is great.

It is fun but also dangerous if it fails as there is no goalkeeper to save them on their own end.

Jose can't be at spurs next season.

Who do you want to replace him realistically? and who is you dream replacement?

I don’t think he’s right for anyone at this point. He poisons whatever team he is with. Was a mistake to bring him in and it’s only going to get worse.

I think he would do great at a midtable club with a board that will just do whatever he says.

That Leicester vs Liverpool game was really funny to watch, given the whole VAR situation on Leicester's first goal.

Liverpool's GK just crumbled after that.

Still doubt that Man City will go the distance, but at least we have breathing room between us and Leicester/United.

Liverpool must be worried of being knocked out of the Top 4 for the first time in 3 to 4 years?

Dark Rider

That Leicester vs Liverpool game was really funny to watch, given the whole VAR situation on Leicester's first goal.

Liverpool's GK just crumbled after that.

Still doubt that Man City will go the distance, but at least we have breathing room between us and Leicester/United.

Liverpool must be worried of being knocked out of the Top 4 for the first time in 3 to 4 years?

Why do you think Manchester City will not go the distance? they look to be on form to do just that.

Top Bottom