• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

That Leicester vs Liverpool game was really funny to watch, given the whole VAR situation on Leicester's first goal.

Liverpool's GK just crumbled after that.

Still doubt that Man City will go the distance, but at least we have breathing room between us and Leicester/United.

Liverpool must be worried of being knocked out of the Top 4 for the first time in 3 to 4 years?
Nothing will stop Man City.

Dark Rider

I am a Pessimist at Heart but do want them to win the league.

It's quite far out still and anything could happen in COVID Season!

While it is not a regular season this but for me the wild COVID season was last season, Manchester City will be hard to be toppled in Britain.

Nothing will stop Man City.

In the BPL from the look of it but the CL is a totally different story imho :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Stopped drinking so not much use.

Good for your health, you can still party without drinking you just relearn how to party because it will be a little different but you can make a lot of fun out of it :messenger_sunglasses:

Gotta recoup from yesterdays awkward game too.

Bayern is just focused on the CL and can afford to lose some points and this is Bayern which always lose focus when not much at stake "Mia san Mia" :messenger_beaming:

Bayern may be the best team in Europe but the Bundesliga is still a weak league.

It is a top 5 league filled with talent and quality, there is a reason why you see the top clubs from all top leagues clamoring for players playing in the Bundesliga every transfer window.

Dark Rider

[FC Bayern] David Alaba officially announces that he will leave the club at the end of the season

I hope we don't splash any cash here.

'I didn't get my chance at Manchester United after lockdown' - Lingard explains decision to join West Ham on loan

I’m not a fan of Lingard but he’s got a point. Solksjaer has his favourites and refuses to play other players consistently.

high five tom brady GIF

This is the football thread right? Hiiiiiiii!

Dark Rider

Premier League to show all games live on TV until fans able to return to stadiums

Maybe they learned something.

Dark Rider

Premier League reject Uefa's proposal to award Champions League places on past performances. Another rejected proposal was a new calendar which would leave no room for the League Cup – a main source of revenue for the EFL.

At a video call for all 20 shareholders, the clubs considered the “Swiss model” proposed by Uefa in greater detail – with fears that it will take broadcast value away from the Premier League and redistribute it to an expanded Champions League dominated by Europe’s so-called elite.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Alasdair Gold] Son on rumours Mourinho has lost the dressing room: "(Laughs) The rumour is just rumours. Our dressing room is fantastic. It's about results. Happy if we win and sad if we lose. Everyone is happy and focused. What can I say? That's a bad rumour."

Dark Rider

[OptaPaolo] Federico Chiesa is the first Juventus player other than Cristiano Ronaldo to score a goal for the Bianconeri in the UCL knockout stage since Blaise Matuidi in April 2018 (in the quarterfinals against Real Madrid).

I was thinking about that actually recently

Dark Rider

Maddison: "When Spain dominated international football, everyone was talking about their technical football. When I was growing up because I was smaller than others my touch had to be perfect. Maybe this era with Phil, Mason, me and Jack, maybe that's the type of player we'll produce more of."

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
[The Times] European Leagues chief Lars Christer Olsson on Champions League reform - "we want the champions of Scotland or Denmark not the sixth place team in England or Spain"

The champions league should just be the champions of the countries.

Dark Rider

The champions league should just be the champions of the countries.

It used to be like that plus the previous year CL champions.
I think the current format is fine if they made the 3rd and 4th spots in the top leagues go to qualification rounds instead of automatic entry into the the tournament.

Dark Rider

[Paul Gorst] Klopp: "We all agree, and I’m sure Pep would say that, in a normal season for both teams we would not be 16 points away."

DonJorginho

Banned
My Chelsea Dream Summer Window!

Must Buys!

ST: Erling Haaland, Romelu Lukaku, Luka Jovic or Alexander Isak
CB: Jules Kounde, Pau Torres, Sven Botman or Duje Caleta-Car
Winger: Pedro Neto, Raphinha, Christos Tzolis, Jeremy Doku, Jadon Sancho

Would like them if possible!

CM: Kamara, Guimaraes, Soumare, Koopmeiners, Hofmann, Ndidi, Neuhaus, Anguissa
LB: Theo, Estupinan, Wijndal, Nuno Mendes, Raphael Guerreiro, Rayan Aït-Nouri
GK: Donnarumma, Lafont, Giorgi Mamardashvili, Alex Meret, Areola, Predrag Rajković, Nick Pope

Prison Mike

Banned

Must Buys!

GK: Donnarumma, Lafont, Giorgi Mamardashvili, Alex Meret, Areola, Predrag Rajković, Nick Pope
Im hoping we go in for erling too need to replace aguero hoping his dads legacy at club might help

Dark Rider

Must Buys!

Im hoping we go in for erling too need to replace aguero hoping his dads legacy at club might help

Hands off, these already spoken for.

Dark Rider

[Real Madrid] squad list against Atalanta: Zidane has only 11 first team outfield players available due

We are dead in the water in case anyone was wondering.

Dark Rider

[Zach Lowy] Toni Kroos:"[David] Alaba has the quality to play for Real Madrid, but the quality isn't enough. Here, you also need to have a physical presence and you need your head to be in order when things don't work out. You need more than sporting quality."

I have to agree.

Top Bottom