• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

DonJorginho

Banned
TELEMMGLPICT000251786562_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bql0ESzSgmr2JmlmzSGWdBfnUtFCprCAPrjIHKZlQfcCc.jpeg

Dark Rider

[The Athletic] Gabi on Simeone being so hurt by the second CL final loss that he almost resigned: "It made him wonder if he could lift the team up again after another lost final. But he realised that he could not let down those players who had given everything and the fans who were still hoping.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Raiola: “Pogba set to leave #MUFC? I only said my opinion, I didn’t want to create any problem. I don’t think that top players like Pogba or Solskjaer can be destabilised by what Raiola says. But I'm not going to talk about it again... or everyone in England goes crazy”. 🔴

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[L'Equipe] Schalke 04 could sell their spot in the European League of Legends Championship in order to recover around 20 millions

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Celtic Football Club Statement: Neil Lennon resigns

no way he left on his own. he's been holding on this long to go now...why? lol. he's been sacked cause they need to try punt season tickets soon. celtic fans aren't the most loyal fans and have been threatening to not renew. they've had total dominance the last 9 years and now the dummies are being spat out. they just won 9 titles in a row. they won a quadruple treble fuck sake and also they could potentially end up with 88 points this season. they won the league with 80 points last season. 87 the season before that. 82 the season before that. so they aren't playing too badly tbh. it's just that Rangers have significantly improved under Gerrard this season.

Dark Rider

0-1 is not much but considering our dire state at the moment I'll take it and hope we will be in a better state when we play the return leg.

no way he left on his own. he's been holding on this long to go now...why? lol. he's been sacked cause they need to try punt season tickets soon. celtic fans aren't the most loyal fans and have been threatening to not renew. they've had total dominance the last 9 years and now the dummies are being spat out. they just won 9 titles in a row. they won a quadruple treble fuck sake and also they could potentially end up with 88 points this season. they won the league with 80 points last season. 87 the season before that. 82 the season before that. so they aren't playing too badly tbh. it's just that Rangers have significantly improved under Gerrard this season.

Welcome to The Football thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support?

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Official: The postponed match between Juventus and Napoli will be played on March 17, 17:45 GMT.

Dark Rider

Ole:" Zlatan is not very Scandinavian in his approach, we're a bit more quiet and non-controversial. He has shown what belief and confidence can do to you. So many kids out there that have him as a role model. I know one for example, Erling. I know he's learnt that behaviour."

Zlatan will have a few words during that game :pie_thinking:

Prison Mike

Banned

DonJorginho

Banned
Juventus made a mistake by signing Ronaldo - Cassano

Cassano like to talk a lot about Cristiano.
I don't know how anyone can say Cristiano to Juve was a bad move, you can say all the hypothetical under the sun regarding all that money on a single player but Juve have proven before they aren't the best when it comes to signing players, there is no guarantee that the money for CR7 would have went on a good group of players.

Plus Cristiano has single handedly kept Juve dominant in Italy for the past few seasons he has been here, this season is just the result of bad decision making from the board in sacking a WC manager in Sarri only to appoint a coach in Pirlo who hadn't even completed his first coaching exam till Christmas.

Truly baffling sometimes how some teams are run.

Dark Rider

I don't know how anyone can say Cristiano to Juve was a bad move, you can say all the hypothetical under the sun regarding all that money on a single player but Juve have proven before they aren't the best when it comes to signing players, there is no guarantee that the money for CR7 would have went on a good group of players.

Plus Cristiano has single handedly kept Juve dominant in Italy for the past few seasons he has been here, this season is just the result of bad decision making from the board in sacking a WC manager in Sarri only to appoint a coach in Pirlo who hadn't even completed his first coaching exam till Christmas.

Truly baffling sometimes how some teams are run.

There is three perspectives to think about for that move though, Real Madrid, Juventus and Cristiano himself.
What were the objectives for Juventus buying him? did they achieve them?
How did Real Madrid handle Cristiano sale and how did they handle filling the void? did they succeed in coming out positive?
Why did Cristiano move? did he achieve what he wanted to achieve moving?

Dark Rider

[R1F]Timo Werner: "If I'd scored four or five more goals maybe the old manager would still be here."

Timo just being frank there.

Dark Rider

[ESPN UK] Gareth Bale has been directly involved in eight goals in his last four appearances for Tottenham. Rolling back the years 💫

Night.Ninja Night.Ninja can you please keep him next season? and pay his wadges in full.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Bartomeu jailed, Barça does another remuntada and epically beats Sevilla to go to the final and in a few days Laporta is going to win the presidency again.

Best week for Barça in years.

Dark Rider

Bartomeu jailed, Barça does another remuntada and epically beats Sevilla to go to the final and in a few days Laporta is going to win the presidency again.

There is a good chance to win CdR and it is doable, will that be enough for you this season?
What do you think of your chances in a come back in the CL and La Liga?

Jon Neu

Banned
There is a good chance to win CdR and it is doable, will that be enough for you this season?
What do you think of your chances in a come back in the CL and La Liga?

This year is a year of transition. The club is in an horrible state after all the years of Bartomeu and the focus is on rebuilding the team little by little once we have a new president.

If we win CdR and La Liga, it would be an impressive season. If we win only the CdR, it would be an ok season.

Dark Rider

This year is a year of transition. The club is in an horrible state after all the years of Bartomeu and the focus is on rebuilding the team little by little once we have a new president.

If we win CdR and La Liga, it would be an impressive season. If we win only the CdR, it would be an ok season.

It feel weird we will have two CdR finals this year :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And yes it is a transition period for multiple clubs actually from top to bottom in fact and COVID19 hit everyone when everyone were down already, I'm hoping for the best. And the CL is doable but it is a slim chance and you need to show up big so I understand why you don't want to get you hopes up.

Dark Rider

Lehmann: "I never played against someone like Haaland, he scares me more than Mbappé. Mbappé combines technique with pace but Haaland combines technique with pace and size. How would I handle a 1 vs 1 facing him? I would go out with the studs in front. I wonder if he'd want to come against me again"

Dark Rider

[OlinRunner69] The transfer of Karim Benzema to OL this summer is firmly on track, they are discussing contract's details and it is not far from being finalized (big effort from Karim). The King should be back and as early as this summer. 🔥🔥🔥

Aging squad with no money and minimal young talent in La Masia. What's the hope for Barca not slipping into a mid-table club position for the next 4-5 years.

Barca seems to be one Messi retirement away from being a mid-table club going broke.

Dark Rider

Mason Mount: "I'm not the quickest but I have a little burst of pace... Zouma is always watching anime on the plane and Ben Chilwell and I just watch him, so that was the celebration." | Post-Match Interview

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

Aging squad with no money and minimal young talent in La Masia. What's the hope for Barca not slipping into a mid-table club position for the next 4-5 years.

Barca seems to be one Messi retirement away from being a mid-table club going broke.

They can get good marketing deals, the problem is rebuilding talent and finding players who will commit and are serious about their work ethics so the usual for clubs that start a rebuilding period. The financial side of it will be harder than usual though.

Dark Rider

[GSFN]Athletic Club are in two Copa del Rey finals (2020 & 2021) and will play both games in the space of two weeks in April.

Jon Neu

Banned

I don't think there's minimal young talent in La Masia, this year alone we have Ansu Fati, Araujo, Mingueza, Ilaix Moriba & Riqui Puig. And we have other few promising players waiting their chance such as Baldé, Collado, Nico González or Jandro.

Eric Garcia (another La Masia player) is going to come for free, we can also have Depay for free if we want him. If we sell players that don't fit the team like Griezmann, Braithwaite, Pjanic, Coutinho, Umtiti, Aleña, Fernandes, Todibo, Wague, Emerson, Miranda... We can earn some good money.

Also, in the next months with the vaccinations, the public will come back eventually. Barça is the team with the greatest income per year in the world, we can recover quickly if things come back to normal.

With signing Eric Garcia, Depay and Haaland + La Masia, I would be confident in the team again. If we could also add some CDM (I like Denis Zakaria) to have Busquets play less minutes, it would be perfect.

With a competent President, it's really not that hard to make something like this.

Dark Rider

I don't think there's minimal young talent in La Masia, this year alone we have Ansu Fati, Araujo, Mingueza, Ilaix Moriba & Riqui Puig. And we have other few promising players waiting their chance such as Baldé, Collado, Nico González or Jandro.

Eric Garcia (another La Masia player) is going to come for free, we can also have Depay for free if we want him. If we sell players that don't fit the team like Griezmann, Braithwaite, Pjanic, Coutinho, Umtiti, Aleña, Fernandes, Todibo, Wague, Emerson, Miranda... We can earn some good money.

Also, in the next months with the vaccinations, the public will come back eventually. Barça is the team with the greatest income per year in the world, we can recover quickly if things come back to normal.

With signing Eric Garcia, Depay and Haaland + La Masia, I would be confident in the team again. If we could also add some CDM (I like Denis Zakaria) to have Busquets play less minutes, it would be perfect.

With a competent President, it's really not that hard to make something like this.

I don't think you will get Haaland to be honest but other options are available of course.

DKehoe

Who are they selling guys like Coutinho to for any sort of meaningful fee? Do they just bite the bullet on taking a huge loss?

Dark Rider

[DW Sports] Joachim Löw confirms to Sky during halftime of FCB-BVB that he will make a decision in May about whether Thomas Müller, Mats Hummels and Jerome Boateng return to the Germany squad.

He is trolling at this point.

DKehoe

rNStePe.jpg

Eric Bailly is amazing

Glad United were the ones to break City's streak. Obviously they are still going to win the title but it's something.

Top Bottom