• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

cyber_ninja

rNStePe.jpg

Eric Bailly is amazing

Glad United were the ones to break City's streak. Obviously they are still going to win the title but it's something.
Eric is such a mad lad, love his shenanigans.

rNStePe.jpg

Eric Bailly is amazing

Glad United were the ones to break City's streak. Obviously they are still going to win the title but it's something.
Maguire always has something to say after a win. But they guy has been poor in general this season. I think if more team just back against Man City while getting their forwards to press, they would have had such a big lead.

Dark Rider

[Football Daily]"It was bizarre a lot of nonsense, just get on with being a footballer, I don't know why these players worry about pundits opinions". Roy Keane is a bit confused why Bruno Fernandes is talking about people questioning his statistics against the top 6

Something happening to Liverpool and I'm sure you're enjoying it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie What is going on? did the dressing room turn against the manager?

Eh considering the manager's mother died from COVID, it would be the most dickish dressing room ever. I'm not sure what's going on, shit went topsy turvy after Salah Exit Talks #69, so maybe there's some fracture in the dressing room. I think it's a mix of injuries with everyone being phazed out, Mane and Bobby are having really poor seasons and Thiago is taking longer to get acclimated than anticipated. Trent and Robbo also took a step back and it's all out of whack. No fight, no fitness, no chance.

Dark Rider

Eh considering the manager's mother died from COVID, it would be the most dickish dressing room ever. I'm not sure what's going on, shit went topsy turvy after Salah Exit Talks #69, so maybe there's some fracture in the dressing room. I think it's a mix of injuries with everyone being phazed out, Mane and Bobby are having really poor seasons and Thiago is taking longer to get acclimated than anticipated. Trent and Robbo also took a step back and it's all out of whack. No fight, no fitness, no chance.

But whatever grievances they have surely they must at least give the fans a CL spot? otherwise they are screwing the fans too.

[Football Daily]"It was bizarre a lot of nonsense, just get on with being a footballer, I don't know why these players worry about pundits opinions". Roy Keane is a bit confused why Bruno Fernandes is talking about people questioning his statistics against the top 6

Roy Keane is right. Bruno is justifying his poor recent performances.

Dark Rider

With the recent form by the offensive trio combined with the injuries? No chance bro.

Is it too late to for Liverpool cash out on some of them? you will need good replacement though.

Roy Keane is right. Bruno is justifying his poor recent performances.

He shouldn't get played by the media yes but he should be prepared to be attacked hard if he cut them off.

how does this work? how many groups are there now

8 groups with 4 teams each.
They will make the groups 6 teams each so 6 groups.

SARRIHIVE STAY WINNING, FUCK RUBENTUS FOR DISRESPECTING THE DON

sarri-celebrating-scudetto-juventus-serie-a_zkkx2o9u9dbq1hpkcwh5dw4aa.jpg

I think Juventus were aiming for the CL which he didn't win.

Is it too late to for Liverpool cash out on some of them? you will need good replacement though.

I don't know, Bobby is cooked and Salah and Mane are a bit too old to be worth anything. There's already one replacement in place in Jota, I think he can be a REALLY good piece. Problem is, there's 0 depth after that.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Juventus director Fabio Paratici to Sky Sport about Cristiano Ronaldo’s future: “There’s still another year of contract [expiring in June 2022]. Cristiano’s contract renewal is not an immediate issue on the agenda, there’s time to talk about it”.

I don't think Juventus are willing to pay him half his current wadges in a new contract.

Dark Rider

I don't know, Bobby is cooked and Salah and Mane are a bit too old to be worth anything. There's already one replacement in place in Jota, I think he can be a REALLY good piece. Problem is, there's 0 depth after that.

What about the rumors that Liverpool and Haaland and Mbappé? :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Manchester United] We are pleased to announce the appointment of John Murtough as the club's new Football Director, and Darren Fletcher as Technical Director.

Dark Rider

[Madridxtra] Sergio Ramos in his interview :"Who would I sign between Mbappe or Haaland for my team? Both. And if I have to choose only one I would say Haaland because he is easier to sign. Mbappe is much more difficult due to the economic problems nowadays.

Dark Rider

[Madridxtra]Sergio Ramos on would he accept Messi in Real Madrid:100% Without doubts. I would even invite him to my house to help him."

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

[Josè Felix Diaz] | Cristiano Ronaldo is really considering a return to Real Madrid. His agent Jorge Mendes talked to the club about it, and although now a comeback is more of a dream than a reality, anything is possible. The operation will be clearer in the next weeks.

I don't think that is a good idea for us if we have to pay his high wadges so he will need to reduce the wadge bill a great deal.
The more sensible move is to buy Haaland.

[Melchor Ruiz] Real Madrid are NOT considering signing Cristiano Ronaldo

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Veal] Jose Mourinho on the North London power battle: "I look up, I don't look down. If Arsenal was seven points ahead of us, I would look to them. But because we have seven points more than them, I don't look down."

Dark Rider

[Patrick Davison - Sky Sports] - Arteta says he’s dropped Aubameyang for disciplinary reasons. Wouldn’t elaborate.

[The Athletic] Arsenal captain Aubameyang dropped by Arteta for lateness

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Most likely it will not happen but who knows.

I have the feeling Haaland will come to Barça next season.

And I think Mbappe is going to wait till his contract expires in 2022 to choose whatever team he likes. If Messi leaves Barça by then, we will have plenty of money to offer to Mbappe.

Just saiyan.

Dark Rider

I have the feeling Haaland will come to Barça next season.

And I think Mbappe is going to wait till his contract expires in 2022 to choose whatever team he likes. If Messi leaves Barça by then, we will have plenty of money to offer to Mbappe.

Just saiyan.

So what you are saying is you get both Haaland and Mbappé? :pie_thinking:
I think by the end of this summer we will know for sure if Mbappé will leave PSG based on his contract renewal talks currently underway.
I personally think that one of those two will be in Real Madrid so Barça having both is not happening, we will not just sit and watch you know :messenger_beaming:
Personally I prefer Haaland over Mbappé so far.

As long as Ramos renew (and he will) I'm fine with this :messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

[Bein Sport] Copa America have adjusted their format after Qatar and Australia calling off: 2 group stage of 5 teams each, qualifying 4 out of 5 to Quarters

Dark Rider

[RTV Rijnmond] Head of youth academy Feyenoord wants to get rid of 4 coaches. Accidentally sent an email about this to one of the 4. Afraid of it having leaked out to the other 3, he calls them to apologize. Until that point they didn’t know about the situation.

Jose92

[Membe
Amazing Performance by Chelsea made Atletico look like a second tier team. Finally we have a manager who know what he is doing.

Dark Rider

I want a video of Roy Keane reacting to his protégée taunting Carragher.

Why did they do it?

Amazing Performance by Chelsea made Atletico look like a second tier team. Finally we have a manager who know what he is doing.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
I assume you are Chelsea fan so congrats :messenger_grinning:

I personally think the CL round of 16 came in the perfect time for Chelsea as they just got a new manager and finally went back to form and getting out of their crisis while on the other hand it was exactly the very worst time for Atlético as they were going into a crisis and their worst time in the entire season (saying not in form is an understatement) that resulted in them losing the very huge lead they had in La Liga and getting knocked out of the CL, Atlético were losing this entire month to anyone and everyone so there was no surprise for me seeing their performance and getting knocked out.

Dark Rider

SPORTBILD: Klopp on the best player he's ever managed: "Robert Lewandowski. It actually won't be fair to say that about any other player except Lewy [..] What he has made out of his potential, how he pushed himself to become the player he is today, that's extraordinary"

Dark Rider

The interpreter for Yokohama F. Marinos Manager Ange Postecoglou gets booked for dissent while translating the manager's tirade against the ref for a disallowed goal

A loophole for managers to not get sent off :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Not sure exactly since I've only seen this clip and it's from a US show, but it seems it was just a set up to tease Carragher about him never winning the Premier League. Nothing too serious.

It is clear it is banter but I felt there is a story behind it so asked about the context :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It is just banter between mates nothing more.

Last edited:

DKehoe

It is clear it is banter but I felt there is a story behind it so asked about the context :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It is just banter between mates nothing more.
Yeh, Carragher was a long serving club legend at Liverpool. But his time there fell within Liverpool's title drought. So it's just playful teasing about that. On the other hand Carragher did win a champions league, which Richards never did. So it's not like he didn't win any major silverware. But Schmeichel did win both :messenger_squinting_tongue:

I do like the more jokey energy that Richards brings to these panels where he gets the others to take themselves a bit less seriously.

Dark Rider

Yeh, Carragher was a long serving club legend at Liverpool. But his time there fell within Liverpool's title drought. So it's just playful teasing about that. On the other hand Carragher did win a champions league, which Richards never did. So it's not like he didn't win any major silverware. But Schmeichel did win both :messenger_squinting_tongue:

I do like the more jokey energy that Richards brings to these panels where he gets the others to take themselves a bit less seriously.

If it is fun to watch then they are doing it right :messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

[Sique Rodriguez] With the elimination of Atlético, Barça will miss out on 2 million euros for the transfer of Luis Suárez. One of the variables of the transfer was: 2 million if Atlético reached the quarterfinals of the Champions League.

DonJorginho

Banned
Very happy with the UCL Draw, can never be cocky as Porto have shown they can beat the big teams this season and you can never take titans like Liverpool or Real for granted but I much prefer this side of the draw compared to a side filled with 3 of the favourites for the tournament!

Let's hope Tuchel can continue to do his magic!

Cfc GIF by Chelsea FC

Top Bottom