• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

[Official] Results for UEFA Champions League 2020/2021 Quarter-Final draw: Man City vs Dortmund | FC Porto vs Chelsea | Bayern Munich vs PSG | Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Man City vs Dortmund, Manchester City got lucky there.
FC Porto vs Chelsea, Chelsea got lucky there.
Bayern Munich vs PSG, :pie_thinking:
Real Madrid vs Liverpool, the hospital fixture is here Lionel Richie Lionel Richie

DonJorginho

Banned
[Official] Results for UEFA Champions League 2020/2021 Quarter-Final draw: Man City vs Dortmund | FC Porto vs Chelsea | Bayern Munich vs PSG | Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Man City vs Dortmund, Manchester City got lucky there.
FC Porto vs Chelsea, Chelsea got lucky there.
Bayern Munich vs PSG, :pie_thinking:
Real Madrid vs Liverpool, the hospital fixture is here Lionel Richie Lionel Richie
Happy Premier League GIF by Prime Video

Time for the most underrated midfielder in Europe to shine on the big stage

Dark Rider

[Official] Results for UEFA Europa League 2020/2021 Quarter-Finals draw: Granada vs Manchester United | Arsenal vs Slavia Praha | Ajax vs AS Roma | Dinamo Zagreb vs Villareal

Granada vs Manchester United, Manchester United got lucky.
Arsenal vs Slavia Praha, Arsenal got lucky.
Ajax vs AS Roma, :pie_thinking:
Dinamo Zagreb vs Villareal, :pie_thinking:

Over all BPL clubs got very lucky in both CL and EL draws I think.
DKehoe DKehoe how do you feel about your fixture?

DonJorginho

Banned
[Official] Results for UEFA Europa League 2020/2021 Quarter-Finals draw: Granada vs Manchester United | Arsenal vs Slavia Praha | Ajax vs AS Roma | Dinamo Zagreb vs Villareal

I wouldn't say Arsenal got lucky at all, Slavia are a great side and have shown over recent years they have what it takes to get to latter stages of European competition (we faced them in the UEL quarters under Sarri!), and Arsenal haven't shown much quality in Europe this season.

Slavia have already scalped a great Leicester side and an unbeaten Rangers, Arsenal isn't the most daunting task for them.

Dark Rider

I wouldn't say Arsenal got lucky at all, Slavia are a great side and have shown over recent years they have what it takes to get to latter stages of European competition (we faced them in the UEL quarters under Sarri!), and Arsenal haven't shown much quality in Europe this season.

Slavia have already scalped a great Leicester side and an unbeaten Rangers, Arsenal isn't the most daunting task for them.

They are working on shoe string budget and that means they are only one or two injuries from going into crisis which Arsenal has better tools to deal with because of how much money they have compared to their opponent.

DKehoe

I'm not going to say I'm that familiar with Granada at the moment but seems like one of the better draws they could have gotten.

I feel like United could go on to win the whole thing. In theory I think they could/should beat everyone else there and looking at the betting odds they do seem to be the favourites. But they are wildly inconsistent so them stumbling over themselves and crashing out is entirely possible. Also with the fixtures being so cramped this season fatigue is going to be an x factor for everyone. So who knows. Pogba being back is a big lift for the team though.

DonJorginho

Banned
They are working on shoe string budget and that means they are only one or two injuries from going into crisis which Arsenal has better tools to deal with because of how much money they have compared to their opponent.
They are a small squad but we are dealing with hypotheticals here, the truth is, that Slavia are a better managed side with a better way of playing and should have enough to really push Arsenal injuries prevailing.

Dark Rider

I'm not going to say I'm that familiar with Granada at the moment but seems like one of the better draws they could have gotten.

I feel like United could go on to win the whole thing. In theory I think they could/should beat everyone else there and looking at the betting odds they do seem to be the favourites. But they are wildly inconsistent so them stumbling over themselves and crashing out is entirely possible. Also with the fixtures being so cramped this season fatigue is going to be an x factor for everyone. So who knows. Pogba being back is a big lift for the team though.

Granada are not doing well imho at the moment so their chances are very slim if any, Manchester United have nothing to fear unless wild change in form suddenly happen for Granada.

They are a small squad but we are dealing with hypotheticals here, the truth is, that Slavia are a better managed side with a better way of playing and should have enough to really push Arsenal injuries prevailing.

They are one injury away from disaster actually and have no one to replace the key players.

Not too bad should be tough game

I assume Manchester City will be looking VERY closely at Haaland as a potential signing, I wonder how he will fare against you. He is the top CL scorer so far this season but at the same time his club is in dire form :pie_thinking:

The team that finishes the matches with more CBs healthy wins!

I really hope as many players as possible get to play for both sides and no more injuries.

Dark Rider

[L'Equipe] PSG are ready to offer Mbappé a salary of € 30M/year to renew his contract. Real Madrid & Liverpool, who are both interested in him, cannot offer him such a high salary. Despite the salary being an important parameter, Mbappé requires above all guarantees on recruitment before deciding.

DonJorginho

Banned

Dark Rider

Gotta hope Sam Lee is unreliable again like he has been in the past, there is still hope for Haaland!!

Happy Come On GIF by DAZN

As far as I know Manchester City fans consider him very reliable, and it is expected they will try to get him.
How the other clubs will deal with it if it happens is the question.

DonJorginho

Banned
As far as I know Manchester City fans consider him very reliable, and it is expected they will try to get him.
How the other clubs will deal with it if it happens is the question.
He is their most reliable reporter, but has messed up major stories in past with Jorginho, Kovacic, Fernandes and someone else I can't remember who so I HAVE HOPE IN ROMAN'S BILLIONS!

Banjo64

cumsessed
Not sure if there’s any interest in PES or FIFA on here, but I’m going to post a pic of my full PES MyClub City squad tomorrow (or the day after). Just need one more agent to sign Rodri but I’m beholden to the market place timings. Nearly got everyone to their max level. Been playing MyClub since year one, but this is the first time I’ve ever attempted (and completed) what is my Holy Grail. I feel like I’ve summoned Exodia the Forbidden One, and the team plays absolutely sick.

Dark Rider

He is their most reliable reporter, but has messed up major stories in past with Jorginho, Kovacic, Fernandes and someone else I can't remember who so I HAVE HOPE IN ROMAN'S BILLIONS!

The thing is whatever Roman will pay for him Manchester City can match it so the money will not be exactly the deciding factor if the options are either Manchester City or Chelsea. Remember though other clubs are also in the conversation to get him :pie_thinking:

Not sure if there’s any interest in PES or FIFA on here, but I’m going to post a pic of my full PES MyClub City squad tomorrow (or the day after). Just need one more agent to sign Rodri but I’m beholden to the market place timings. Nearly got everyone to their max level. Been playing MyClub since year one, but this is the first time I’ve ever attempted (and completed) what is my Holy Grail. I feel like I’ve summoned Exodia the Forbidden One, and the team plays absolutely sick.

I no longer play them myself but I hope others can join you :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

DonJorginho

Banned
Mike McGrath (Telegraph)
Manchester City believe the strongest competition in the £100million race for Erling Haaland this summer will come from Real Madrid.

Pep Guardiola’s search for Sergio Aguero’s long-term successor will see City assess deals for Europe’s top strikers and Haaland’s record at Borussia Dortmund has put him at the top of their shortlist.

Chelsea are also looking at the 20-year-old’s situation this summer but Real are expected to make significant moves to bring him to Spain, challenging City as the frontrunners for the Norway striker.

Dark Rider

Mike McGrath (Telegraph)

Yes but I don't think we can pay as much as Manchester City or even Chelsea if Roman is throwing money but money will not be the be all end all in this matter I feel for Haaland himself, we'll see.

Would you be ok with it if he join us instead o Manchester City?
I'm assuming Prison Mike Prison Mike rather us than Chelsea?

DonJorginho

Banned
Yes but I don't think we can pay as much as Manchester City or even Chelsea if Roman is throwing money but money will not be the be all end all in this matter I feel for Haaland himself, we'll see.

Would you be ok with it if he join us instead o Manchester City?
I'm assuming Prison Mike Prison Mike rather us than Chelsea?
I would much rather he goes to Real, as that then opens us to sign my alternative target.

giphy.gif

Dark Rider

He is talented and there is potential there but he is fickle and he has a terrible attitude and lacks professionalism. We did not get to see if his talent is good enough for us but the other attributes I mentioned are not good enough for sure so we will sell him.

Dark Rider

[Marca]Fede Valverde suffers from a muscular injury that will keep him out for over 2 weeks. It's very unlikely that he will feature against Liverpool.

Dark Rider

[JOSÉ FÉLIX DÍAZ] Real Madrid is not considering selling Odegaard. Martin is determined to succeed in Madrid, but before returning he wants to know from coach what role he would play in the team. He left to Arsenal accepting salary cut, the key was a lot of gametime. Odegaard is happy at Arsenal.

Dark Rider

Dr. Reinhard Rauball: "Even against the backdrop of the ongoing pandemic situation, no one needs to worry about the existence of Borussia Dortmund. The next two seasons are already fully financed, regardless of whether the team qualifies for the UEFA Champions League."

Dark Rider

[Maguire] As of the first quarter of 2021, MUFC are in £534.8m football net debt. During their time as owners, since 2005 the Glazers have borrowed around £500m and have paid out £837m in interest. It took until 2017 for the club’s net spend on players to exceed the interest cost under the Glazers.

Dark Rider

Champions League reform thrown into doubt over commercial rights row. A meeting of #UEFA’s executive committee had been expected to approve the competition’s new format but that meeting has now been cancelled.

I still don't understand the move to a Swiss style format for the competition. If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Also will just lead to more fixture congestion throughout the season for the top teams.

Top Bottom