• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

I still don't understand the move to a Swiss style format for the competition. If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Also will just lead to more fixture congestion throughout the season for the top teams.

Because they are inching it ever closer to the super league they are perusing, and they don't care for the current congestion because they want the CL/super league to replace the current leagues so they will even use the congestion they created as an excuse to to move the clubs to play exclusively in the super league/cl they are moving toward.

Dark Rider

Mino Raiola and Jonathan Barnett, both senior members of the Football Forum, are threatening action over proposed changes to Player Agent rules proposed for 2022 that would limit agents of the selling club to 10% of the transfer fee, and agents of the buying club to 3% of the fee

Dark Rider

Gonna be tough. Varane without ramos is headless chicken.

That is the sad truth.
We need to to do something about this problem this summer already (and extend Ramos contract of course).

Not really, Virgil is also out so that puts us on even grounds.

But I thought for Liverpool fans it is Salah vs Ramos not VVD vs Ramos :pie_thinking:
Also Ramos is our team leader, can't say the same about VVD.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Weston McKennie’s neighbor after calling the police: "I have nothing against McKennie. He seems a good professional, he stays home, or he goes to train. I support Juve, that’s why I am sorry, but maybe they should attend fewer parties and focus more on the pitch."

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

But I thought for Liverpool fans it is Salah vs Ramos not VVD vs Ramos :pie_thinking:
Also Ramos is our team leader, can't say the same about VVD.

Oh yes you can, VVD is absolutely Liverpool's leader along with Hendo. Salah vs. Ramos would be cool as a history thing like Salah getting back at that motherfucker who knocked him out of a UCL Final, but they don't have the same impact on the team.

Dark Rider

Oh yes you can, VVD is absolutely Liverpool's leader along with Hendo. Salah vs. Ramos would be cool as a history thing like Salah getting back at that motherfucker who knocked him out of a UCL Final, but they don't have the same impact on the team.

I don't doubt VVD importance and impact on Liverpool I just feel Ramos importance to our team as a leader is a step above but it is just opinions here and there.
As for Salah he is not getting back anything if Ramos played :messenger_sunglasses:
At the moment I hope they don't play unfit Hazard because of the potential of him killing our momentum and also getting injured again, yes I am aware of his history against Liverpool but I have no confidence in him now.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[OPTA] Jesse Lingard is averaging a goal or an assist every 88 minutes for West Ham in the Premier League this season, with five goals and two assists in 617 minutes. It’s the best ever ratio by a Hammers player in a single campaign in the competition (min. 500 minutes).

Something for Manchester United to think about.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano]Arteta: “I speak with Ødegaard every day. I see his face, his body language: he seems really happy here at Arsenal. His contract here is until the end of the season. What we have to do is try to make him perform, develop and be as happy as he can be”. @ChrisWheatley_ ⚪🔴 #AFC

Arteta should stop creeping on our loaned players.

Banjo64

cumsessed
That result all but confirms us as Champions today - 3 in 4

16uefa-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

What a fucking absolute MACHINE City is, I'm extremely proud that Liverpool were even able to win one from one of the best teams I ever watched in my life. Top stuff, kudos to Pep and everyone for football perfection.

Dark Rider

So do many spanish women I'm sure.

Eh seeing his children and many women (Spanish and otherwise) throwing themselves at him everyday says otherwise.
My typo aside I wonder if any of his children will be good at football :pie_thinking:

That result all but confirms us as Champions today - 3 in 4

16uefa-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg
Dias has been a fucking revelation to think all those years back watching at maine road never thought id see us win one let alone 3

Congrats :messenger_beaming:
I assume you can afford to focus more on the CL this season with that lead in your domestic league.

Dark Rider

[David Lynch] Klopp on the possibility of starting Salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota together against Real Madrid: “There will be a moment when we give it a try. Is it tomorrow? We will see.”

Dark Rider

[Jaroslav Tvrdík]: Slavia Prague travel to London without Ondrej Kudela and Simon Deli. They have one fit centre-back, 20-year-old David Zima.

DKehoe

Do you see him back at Manchester United?
I'm really not sure to be honest. On some level yes I'd love to see him back at United and doing great. Having the squad made up of players who came up through the academy system is great. And Jesse has been with the club since he was a little kid and is fairly local to the area. You can go back and find videos of him when he was 10 years old training with an 18 year old Ronaldo.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F137ab2085be4b02bd45f591d05607b4c.png

And obviously he was part of the same youth team as Pogba (weird to think neither of them are the most naturally gifted player in this picture)
pogba-morrison.jpg

So having that sort of through line with the club is great to see. He had gone through a rough time in his personal life recently. So it's been good to see him get past that and play well. He got a lot of stick from people because he's a big personality but I've never doubted his commitment. It seems like the fresh start at West Ham is exactly what he needed.

But I'm not quite sure what his role in the team would be long term if he were to return. He can play on the wing but does his best work in the #10 role. And as good as he's been recently he wouldn't be replacing Bruno Fernandes and there's also now Donny van de Beek. So there's a lot of competition in that position. If he can play a key role for another team would he want to be second or third choice at United? There's also upcoming players in the academy like Hannibal Mejbri and Shola Shoretire who will be breaking through to the senior team in the near future. So, sad as it is to say, Lingard's best opportunities may be away from United. It'd be a pity for him to do so well with West Ham only to have his momentum stall out again and waste away not doing much at United when he could be doing great things elsewhere. I like seeing the United academy players thrive, even if they aren't able to do it at United.

So yeh, like I said I'm not sure. If there's a way it could work out I'd love for it to happen. But I wonder if that's really in everyone's best interest in the long term.

Dark Rider

I'm really not sure to be honest. On some level yes I'd love to see him back at United and doing great. Having the squad made up of players who came up through the academy system is great. And Jesse has been with the club since he was a little kid and is fairly local to the area. You can go back and find videos of him when he was 10 years old training with an 18 year old Ronaldo.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F137ab2085be4b02bd45f591d05607b4c.png

And obviously he was part of the same youth team as Pogba (weird to think neither of them are the most naturally gifted player in this picture)
pogba-morrison.jpg

So having that sort of through line with the club is great to see. He had gone through a rough time in his personal life recently. So it's been good to see him get past that and play well. He got a lot of stick from people because he's a big personality but I've never doubted his commitment. It seems like the fresh start at West Ham is exactly what he needed.

But I'm not quite sure what his role in the team would be long term if he were to return. He can play on the wing but does his best work in the #10 role. And as good as he's been recently he wouldn't be replacing Bruno Fernandes and there's also now Donny van de Beek. So there's a lot of competition in that position. If he can play a key role for another team would he want to be second or third choice at United? There's also upcoming players in the academy like Hannibal Mejbri and Shola Shoretire who will be breaking through to the senior team in the near future. So, sad as it is to say, Lingard's best opportunities may be away from United. It'd be a pity for him to do so well with West Ham only to have his momentum stall out again and waste away not doing much at United when he could be doing great things elsewhere. I like seeing the United academy players thrive, even if they aren't able to do it at United.

So yeh, like I said I'm not sure. If there's a way it could work out I'd love for it to happen. But I wonder if that's really in everyone's best interest in the long term.

Nicely put, I agree with you and think he should stay where he is now and just focus on reaching the highest point he can there seiing how well it is going so far.

DKehoe

Nicely put, I agree with you and think he should stay where he is now and just focus on reaching the highest point he can there seiing how well it is going so far.
Swap deals are pretty rare but I wonder if United could agree to do some sort of deal with West Ham that they could have Lingard on a reasonable fee if West Ham were willing to accept a lower fee for Declan Rice. The DM slot is one United really need to fill and a deal like that feels like it could benefit everyone involved.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[echo] Steven Gerrard revealed in his autobiography that Liverpool asked him to help them sign Toni Kroos. “I knew that Madrid was about to make an offer to Bayern, so I felt a little uncomfortable when I sent a message to Kroos. Toni was very respectful in his response to me.”

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Swap deals are pretty rare but I wonder if United could agree to do some sort of deal with West Ham that they could have Lingard on a reasonable fee if West Ham were willing to accept a lower fee for Declan Rice. The DM slot is one United really need to fill and a deal like that feels like it could benefit everyone involved.

They will first drag the deal a little with both clubs pretending to have the upper hand fueling the tabloid coffers with clicks then settle for something maybe reasonable.

Just a fucking cursed season. Keita and Gini can fuck right off, I don't ever want to see our midfield without Thiago again, Phillips can't be starting in a UCL QF and please bring back the real TAA.

Dark Rider

Leave. No player is worth the hassle or are bigger than the club.

Plenty of other talented fish in the sea.

I agree but I'm worried he come to my club so can you keep him please?
He was your academy player so it is your responsibility to not plague other clubs with him :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Just a fucking cursed season. Keita and Gini can fuck right off, I don't ever want to see our midfield without Thiago again, Phillips can't be starting in a UCL QF and please bring back the real TAA.

Do you think the manager was wrong not starting Thiago?
How do you see the second leg though?

We have been fucking lucky

Well BVB have an away goal so that could help them a lot in the second leg so you need to be very careful.

You boys have got this

How do you see the second leg between us and them? :pie_thinking:

Vamos real, my boys did their job so well :D happy as hell
it's gonna be a good night sleep
comment_1617742747ZKgiSazuwxuh8HOxcl8pDo.jpg

I'll be honest I'm not happy about the chances we wasted and the fact that they got an away goal, we still need to be careful in the second leg.

Top Bottom