• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

Haaland is also currently the most desired transfer in the world. Kane is an excellent player but they are viewed at different levels. That kind of demand outstrips things like Also, you don't bring in Raiola if your plan is to get the club who appeals to you on the basis of emotion. If that was the main factor he'd end up at Leeds since he has said that's his favourite team. Him having played under Solskjær before and Solskjær being someone who believed in him early on may be a slight factor that works in United's favour but I think overall I think money is going to be the biggest factor.

I'm hardly Woodward's biggest fan but Dortmund wanted a lot more than what United were willing to pay because they expected there to be a big bidding war this upcoming transfer window. Now with Coronavirus and Dortmund's own form dipping that landscape has changed and they may wish they had cashed in last season since it seems like the sort of demand they anticipated won't be there.

Haaland agent is the only reason I would not be sad if he doesn't sign for us to be honest. When I said convince Haaland I did not mean play on his emotions, I meant convince him with your future plans logically and that he will have the brightest future in your club. Yes money is a huge factor factor but beyond a certain point the players will try to make themselves the biggest world stars they can be since they are earning ridiculous money anyway.

About Sancho, I think the fact that Haaland is guaranteed to move out of BVB either this transfer window or the next will make them harder than nails about a Sancho transfer. They need someone to depend on to keep the club at the high level in Europe. They will use Haaland money to try and get the potential next big star and they would want Sancho there in case that replacement did not pan out. I don't think it will be easier now at all and also I think there is some other clubs who are interested Sancho so there is competition still.

Thanks. Didn't know Gaf had such threads. Am a Barca fan and after Atletico draw tonight, La Liga is on fire. It's all about who makes less mistakes till the end.

Welcome :messenger_beaming:
We need them to drop points but we are in a tight spot with injuries anyway so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah. I don't fully understand people who say there's no competition in La Liga.
The title race has gone down to the last or second-to-last matchday for the past few seasons.

Runaway MD30 champions are rare.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support? :pie_thinking:

His release clause is low but there’ll be a bidding war to get him. If ManUtd offers 80M, Real will offer 90M, then Barca wiIl offer 100M, etc. I think he’ll cost 150GBP.

I think it will be 120 + some variables personally.

Well, shit - he was the player I wanted at Utd next season.

what's your back up plan? :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Hoffenheim-Leverkusen match will the last Monday night game in the Bundesliga. Thanks in no small part to fan protests.

Dark Rider

Fede Vaverde believes it's absolutely necessary that he plays at Anfield, due to the squad's many injuries that he has to cover for. He's willing to inject painkillers and accept the risk.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[JLS] Real Madrid players have reached their physical limit: during the training sessions they only do recovery exercises and work with physios.

The thing that I feared.

what's your back up plan? :pie_thinking:
It will have to be someone who plays in the EPL. I think Ndidi would be very good as well. Or we can get James Garner back from
Nottingham Forrest. He’s been putting in man of the match performances in the Championship and I think he’s ready for the jump to the EPL.

Dark Rider

It will have to be someone who plays in the EPL. I think Ndidi would be very good as well. Or we can get James Garner back from
Nottingham Forrest. He’s been putting in man of the match performances in the Championship and I think he’s ready for the jump to the EPL.

Unless they explode in performance they both are not good enough for the top trophies that I assume Manchester United want to win

Unless they explode in performance they both are not good enough for the top trophies that I assume Manchester United want to win
Come on, both Rice and Ndidi are in the top 10 worldwide in terms of CDMs. If we can get second with Fred, who is just a poor footballer I think, those two would be a massive improvement.

DKehoe

I don't think he'd be cheap but it would be great if they could get Camavinga. Him and Pogba in midfield could be amazing.

Dark Rider

Come on, both Rice and Ndidi are in the top 10 worldwide in terms of CDMs. If we can get second with Fred, who is just a poor footballer I think, those two would be a massive improvement.

I think majority of the world would not put them in the top 10 to be honest, sure they might be better than Fred but I thought Manchester United wanted much more than being better than Fred.

Liverpool and City both need an elite goal scorer jesus fucking christ teams shouldn't create that much and not score.

Madrid should count themselves lucky to not be down by a goal. Second year in a row we're wasteful with our chances and bow out to an inferior LOL Liga side, this team is going to be death of me I swear to God!

Dark Rider

Congrats to all the winners PSG, Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid.

Liverpool and City both need an elite goal scorer jesus fucking christ teams shouldn't create that much and not score.

Madrid should count themselves lucky to not be down by a goal. Second year in a row we're wasteful with our chances and bow out to an inferior LOL Liga side, this team is going to be death of me I swear to God!

You should count yourself lucky that the first game did not end 5 or 6 goals to your lone goal.
This game was just a game to see through for us nothing more because we already had a busy and intensive week.
"inferior LOL Liga side" you need to put your Liverpool tinted glasses down when watching games :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ez. Inferior lol liga. You're delusional :D

The better side won :messenger_beaming:

You should count yourself lucky that the first game did not end 5 or 6 goals to your lone goal.
This game was just a game to see through for us nothing more because we already had a busy and intensive week.
"inferior LOL Liga side" you need to put your Liverpool tinted glasses down when watching games :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm sorry but if you guys play like that you won't make it past the next round.

Wait, what's that? You're playing FUCKING CHELSEA in the semis? Well carry on, kudos on the runner up finish!

Dark Rider

I'm sorry but if you guys play like that you won't make it past the next round.

We have been in a dire form the whole season so us not making it to the final is not a surprise we are the hospital club this season with more than 54 injuries and just barely making full squads to play games, but we would like it a lot if we made it despite all that so we will see how much heart and sacrifice our players can muster for the remainder of the journey.

Wait, what's that? You're playing FUCKING CHELSEA in the semis? Well carry on, kudos on the runner up finish!

Chelsea is in an up swing form playing in their best form this entire season so I don't know why you are flat out dismissing them. It will be a tough tie and I hope we are up to the task.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Neymar has just confirmed to ESPN Brazil: “I’m staying at PSG, the contract extension with PSG is no longer a topic. Obviously, I feel very comfortable and at home here at PSG. I feel happier than before”. 🔵🔴 #PSG

He has a fat contract as the face for the world cup 2022 advertisement campaign so I was never in doubt he will be at PSG at least until the world cup is done, after that who knows.

Dark Rider

[UEFA] [Flick] Given the first leg, with all our chances and the ones we gave away; without the third goal, we would be through. You saw how dangerous they are in attack. I have to pay huge compliments to my team, even though Paris progressed. As a fair loser, I would like to congratulate them

Dark Rider

BBC interview with BVB chief: "When Covid-19 struck,we had no debt. Not 1€. We don't have to sell anyone. Clubs must know when they want a player from us there are two possibilities.First is, I tell them they have no chance. The second is, I tell them 'this is the price'. It is not another price."

This is for all clubs trying to buy Haaland (before his release clause is active) and Sancho.

[BBC]Watzke:"Last summer,everybody in England told the public 'Sancho will play for Man United'.But he is still playing for Dortmund.Now everybody writes 'Haaland will next season play for Real Madrid,or for this or this'.The only way is to look is after 1 Sep and I know where he will be playing.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.

Damn bro, do you guys really drink that “EPL is the best” juice year after year even when your sides don’t perform?

I was going to congratulate Madrid, they still have the midfield strength of the team that won the 3 Champions Leagues in a row.

We have been in a dire form the whole season so us not making it to the final is not a surprise we are the hospital club this season with more than 54 injuries and just barely making full squads to play games, but we would like it a lot if we made it despite all that so we will see how much heart and sacrifice our players can muster for the remainder of the journey.

Bro, you're a great dude and I'm happy Madrid got through. Don't take my post match sour mood as me being 100% serious, I'm glad you get a chance to pile on more trophies. I'm just pissed off that once again we play like absolute garbage in the first leg and then can't take the chances we create in the second leg. It's absolutely frustrating.

Damn bro, do you guys really drink that “EPL is the best” juice year after year even when your sides don’t perform?

I was being facetious because my team was down and I wasn't having the best of times. I don't think the EPL is significantly better than LOL Liga.

Dark Rider

I was going to congratulate Madrid, they still have the midfield strength of the team that won the 3 Champions Leagues in a row.

Thanks and welcome back :messenger_beaming:
Our senior players are showing their age though, we looked tired against you especially in the second half and were tired against Liverpool but for Liverpool all what we needed was to see the game through so we could afford to put less energy into it and just soak what they throw at us, we still have busy schedule with vital fixtures to our season to worry about.

Im happy we got to semi's with no aguero.... Foden.... My word

How do you see your tie against PSG mate?
Which club do you hope for in the final if you make it and why?

Bro, you're a great dude and I'm happy Madrid got through. Don't take my post match sour mood as me being 100% serious, I'm glad you get a chance to pile on more trophies. I'm just pissed off that once again we play like absolute garbage in the first leg and then can't take the chances we create in the second leg. It's absolutely frustrating.

We were dead tired on our feet as I predicted but we did a good job holding the gates and wasted our chances in solidarity with you :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I understand the feeling not just because of how much we wasted over two ties but we also suffered a lot this season from extreme lack of scoring, it is why I'm looking a lot at players like Haaland despite his agent :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:
I think your team is showing signs of life at the moment and can make it to top 4 if they tried to keep it up for the remainder of your league fixture.
Also thanks for your kind words :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Madrid Xtra] Valverde's girlfriend posted a picture of his foot before the game. He had to take painkillers because he didn't want to let his teammates down in this important game.

He will have a bright future with us if he keep his form and fighting spirit.

Dark Rider

[Marca] Felix Kroos (Toni Kroos' brother): 20 minutes before facing Liverpool last night, Toni and I were discussing the Osnabrück vs Regensburg game in the German 2nd division. He never gets nervous. You can call him 5 minutes before a World Cup final and have a normal chat.

Dark Rider

[Dulux UK] We’re deeply sorry for the posts from Dulux this morning in response to the announcement of our relationship with @SpursOfficial .These do not reflect how proud we are to be the Official Paint Supplier of the Club. We’re investigating what happened and apologise to all Spurs fans.

[Dulux UK] We’re deeply sorry for the posts from Dulux this morning in response to the announcement of our relationship with @SpursOfficial .These do not reflect how proud we are to be the Official Paint Supplier of the Club. We’re investigating what happened and apologise to all Spurs fans.

What is this in relation to?

Dark Rider

What is this in relation to?
Dulux is a new sponsor for Tottenham Hotspur so the club announced it as you expect in a PR manner then Dulux twitter account announced it but it was done in way to banter spurs hard which as you expect angered the clubs and their fans.

Dark Rider

Paul Pogba: “What I have now with Ole is different compared to what I had with Mourinho, he wouldn't go against the players. Maybe Ole wouldn't pick them, but it's not like he puts them on the side like they don't exist anymore. That's the difference between Mourinho and Ole.”

Dark Rider

[The Athletic] Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich made six attempts between 2010 and 2016 to sign Pep Guardiola - only to get rejected every time. Guardiola believed "the hiring and firing culture was not for him", and held fears over Chelsea's 'short-termism'.

Dark Rider

[Cope] Former Athletic striker Aduriz: I have a lot of love and respect for Ramos. I told him many times that playing against him was a nightmare. I was sent off at the Bernabeu years ago for elbowing Diarra but the elbow was meant for Ramos. I messed up my jump just before elbowing him (laughs).

Dark Rider

[FC Barcelona] FC Barcelona have won the 2020-21 Copa Del Rey

[Real Madrid] - congratulations to @barcelona and their fans for their well-deserved Copa del Rey 2021.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Surely an obvious choice for the first two

EzQa4Q9VkAI4WwT

Dark Rider

[RMC] Emmanuel Macron welcomes the position of French clubs to refuse to participate in a European soccer super league project, threatening the principle of solidarity and sporting merit. The French State will support all the steps taken by the LFP, the FFF, UEFA and FIFA.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ll be done with City if this replaces any domestic competition.

I’m already pissed off, we are jumping in to bed and will be at the mercy of the clubs who lobbied UEFA for FFP that doesn’t punish debt, but does punish investment. The same English clubs that lobbied CAS, an independent sporting body renown the world over for their excellence.

Fucking joke.

Cry me a river with UEFA saying ‘the greed of a few clubs’, they’ve been bending over backwards to those same clubs for 10 years instead of saying FUCK OFF!

American owners wanting a franchised league has always been their end goal and their media puppets just focus on City and PSG as the bogey men whilst Arsenal and United take money out of the game and spear head shite like this because they’re a joke on the pitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom