• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I just hope the investigation doesnt go dark. The whole reason we're here is due to the outrage fires being stoked constantly.

Jams775

To reiterate: Obama requested that Mueller stay on as head of the FBI for two additional years.

I'm pretty sure Mueller helped out Comey back in the day. I think he protected Comey from getting removed from the hospital room to stop Gonzales.
Comey was famously involved in a 2004 hospital-room confrontation with White House counsel Alberto Gonzales and the president's chief of staff, Andrew H. Card Jr. The two White House officials were attempting to persuade Attorney General John D. Ashcroft, who was recovering from emergency surgery to remove his gallbladder, to reauthorize a controversial warrantless domestic eavesdropping program.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...730b0a-c8af-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html

There's a video testimony from Comey where I think he mentions that he called Mueller on the rush to the Hospital where Mueller made sure Comey wasn't forced to leave.
https://youtu.be/hxHjWYA50Ds?t=4m55s

UrokeJoe

giphy.gif

Perfect.

jelly

I wonder how many paper shredders are going at this very moment from Trump business to White House to the GOP etc.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I just hope the investigation doesnt go dark. The whole reason we're here is due to the outrage fires being stoked constantly.

WaPo and Times will keep it up, and through Trumps own chatoic behavious, he expedites everything. The more outrageous shit he does the more leaks happen and people protest. There isnt a choice but to end it quick. All late night TV is basically a giant GOP joke right now of insanity. People have already given up on the country thinking the law no longer matters. Thats real bad for any country.

Yeah those tax returns are going to get grabbed

That's a done deal for sure

CNN says Trump might take Mueller to court if he tries to get them to try and prevent them from getting out. He'd probably lose.

Clinton did the same thing when he was being investigated and the investigators wanted Secret Service records. They got them.

Dude on CNN is saying he thinks this investigation will go much faster than ones like it in the past because Mueller has experience with huge investigations like this and knows the game. He said he expects results within a year.

Anything to get Trump out of office as fast as possible is fine with me. Although I also want them to be sure they find everything they can and connect as many of the corrupt politicians they can to Russia so they can purge as many as possible from government. It's also probably a pipedream, but if the investigation did end up taking until the end of next year, and momentum against the GOP continues there could be a democratic president in the succession line as the speaker of the house. That said, the biggest matter is making sure it is an independent and thorough investigation and Mueller sounds like one of the best choices to make sure that is what happens, regardless of what the outcome is.

The entertainment level of all this goes up 100% when you watch the_donald and /pol/ go into meltdown mode spamming the Seth Rich conspiracy as much as possible.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
If McConnel is FOR the appointment of FBI director Mueller than I view his appointment as suspect. Of course, McConnel might just be putting that out for PR. From what I'm reading Rosenstein can be trusted, but with Trump in office, who really knows.

If McConnel is FOR the appointment of FBI director Mueller than I view his appointment as suspect. Of course, McConnel might just be putting that out for PR. From what I'm reading Rosenstein can be trusted, but with Trump in office, who really knows.
Considering its a done deal McConnel, like Trump, and Spicer soon enough, has to present it as a positive development.

Ferrio

Banned

If we can't trust this guy to do the job I don't think we can trust anyone. McConnel talking shit about Mueller would have looked really bad.

I mean it sounds huge but as a spectator with very limited understanding on US politics I'm still on wait and see mode. This isn't the first time people over here has been hyping this shit up.

Nobody can be against this publicly.

Did you miss the video earlier of McConnell running off, head down, refusing to comment when he was asked?

Top Bottom