• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Trump just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about FBI culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it's in the election where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the FBI, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the FBI, after hearing about this, is not going to want to stick their heads in the sand, nor will they listen to any of Trump's ramblings. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Trump has alienated an entire institution with his move.

Trump, publicly apologize and resign or you can kiss your business goodbye.

shiba5

MGSV-E3-Trailer-Revolver-Ocelot.jpg

Looking forward to Trump being fultoned out of office.

I want to see this in a .gif. Like now.

Lo-Volt

Dr. Dena Grayson said:
Buckle up.

I get very leery of a wife of an ex-congressman saying that (Alan didn't serve that long anyway, did he?).

But we have been getting some shattering news and developments almost every day since last week. (Was it last week? I can't remember anymore. I read the news I missed taking a shower at the gym, and almost just shrugged.) Who's to say she's wrong just because the universe deems it so now?

Mueller has two high level attorneys that have already announced they are leaving their firm to join Mueller in his investigation, per CNN.

Oh gosh, they're going to walk into their new offices like a fucking montage and I am perched for it. GIVE IT TO ME!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Mueller has two high level attorneys that have already announced they are leaving their firm to join Mueller in his investigation, per CNN.
As they should. A case like this comes once in a lifetime.
Do. not. fuck. this. up.

chefbags

Finally. Today's the day. This is the tipping point. Mueller will not hand-wave and close his eyes and plug his ears. Comey didn't play Trump's games and holds all the cards. The FBI has not taken kindly and will not forgive or forget, nor the CIA, and those in the administration running and hiding in shock and horror up to this point and leaking what they can will be able to step forward for the parade of depositions.

Make America Great Again time.

Well said Mr. EvilLore.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about FBI culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it's in the election where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the FBI, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the FBI, after hearing about this, is not going to want to stick their heads in the sand, nor will they listen to any of Trump's ramblings. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Trump has alienated an entire institution with his move.

Still makes me laugh. :lol

Spladam

Right, I meant DEFCON... we'll say 2 right now, I think we hit 1 before the week is up:

The first sign of something brewing at the EDVA is that four of the eleven federal judges at at the Alexandria courthouse have nothing on their schedule for tomorrow, with three of them having had their schedules cleared indefinitely, according to the official docket at uscourts.gov. We've checked with our legal consultant who has confirmed based on first hand experience that it's highly unusual for that many judges to have their schedules simultaneously clear. It suggests that the court is expecting an imminent influx of high priority cases.

Then came word from political insider Claude Taylor, who was the first to break the story of Trump-Russia grand juries being underway at the EDVA court. Here's what Taylor is sharing this evening, based on his inside sources: ”Shortly after 12pm in the Eastern District of Virginia (EDVA) in a closed and secure courtroom colloquially known as a SKIF, a hearing was held. The Government argued before a 3 judge panel for a MOE (Marshall Order of Execution). The MOE was granted. A revised tactical and logistical plan was approved for Multiple Jurisdictions by the Court. This is a highly detailed plan using hundreds of United States Marshal Service targeting an unknown number of Trump associates. The operation commenced shortly after the Court's approved of the MOE at about 2pm. The MOE filing and number will remain under seal until the indictments are unsealed by the Court."

http://www.*****************/politics/edva-mashals-trump/2901/

-Edit: Is the Palmer Report a banned site or something?

Tigress

And what a godamn poor play that would be. Not only has this past week kinda set the trump white house on fire, albeit a small one, doing what you said would also salt the earth they stand on. They fire him they nail themselves to the fucking wall with all of the world watching, IC and all. It would all but be an admission of guilt to this sordid affair.

Whilst I have no doubt this idea is rolling around in trump's mind, I willing to believe others at the WH won't recommend this course of action at all.

Isn't firing the guy who hires/fires the special prosecuter really what did Nixon in? Like they got him on obstruction of justice.

Damn this classic GAF meme is still great!

Yazzees

GAF ily so much

Amikami

Banned

Jesus this is an old one! Still great

What this means is the FBI, after hearing about this, is not going to want to stick their heads in the sand, nor will they listen to any of Trump's ramblings. This is YUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Trump has alienated an entire institution with his move.

FTFY

Also, amazing meme stays amazing.

Thank you for this.

Top Bottom