• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Isn't firing the guy who hires/fires the special prosecuter really what did Nixon in? Like they got him on obstruction of justice.

Trump is already there when he did to Comey...and Yates...and Bhara...what's one more really lol. He apparently can't remove Mueller from what was reported earlier, so it won't matter.

A lot of the GOP aren't true believers. Some of them never wanted on the Trump train, but they tow the party line because GOP gotta GOP. This gives them an out.

Yeah. A lot of 'em would be thrilled if Trump goes down. They just don't wanna be the ones to do it.

yep. pessimistic me thinks this is a work by the Repubs to make the whole thing go away by "ending" the investigation.

This sentiment is silly. If they appointed Jason Chaffetz or some other shithead I could see it but Mueller? C'mon.

CHC

ea11ee8b-5d12-4ce5-bb51-c5f12b8a5708.png

giphy.gif

CNN restating what bears repeating here.

Mueller now has the power to investigate literally anything related to Trump. He can call for tax returns, investigate his businesses, subpoena anything and everything, or anything else.

He has the power to define the bounds of the investigation and can bring charges to anyone he finds to be guilty of anything.

BFIB

It sounds like Rosenstein has put forth a matter of protections for Mueller. He cannot be fired by the President, or anyone else. Mueller is entirely on his own on this investigation.

Wouldn't it be something if Trump just resigned?

mid83

CNN reporting that rosenstein was extremely mad about the Comey thing last week and almost "packed his bags".

I wouldn't be surprised. He basically got thrown under the bus when the news broke last week until Trump went off script in the Lester Holt interview.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It sounds like Rosenstein has put forth a matter of protections for Mueller. He cannot be fired by the President, or anyone else. Mueller is entirely on his own on this investigation.

Wouldn't it be something if Trump just resigned?

Wow, Rosenstein can actually do that?

Dr.Acula

Banned
*someone posts something on reddit*

"Utter trash site!"

*someone posts something on twitter*

"It's habbenining!"

It's all pipes, as far as I'm concerned. Even journos if they post on twitter, wait until a reputable paper publishes first. It usually doesn't take that long either, WaPo is breaking most of what we're reading ahead of people on twitter.

Cyanity

Banned
He was head of the FBI from 2001 to 2013, he was the director before Comey. He got asked to stay for 2 extra years before Comey ended up becoming the FBI director while under Obama. He has a unanimus passage through Senate confirmation 98-0. Unless he has some twisted ties after he left he seems like about as good a pick as you can find for this job. He and Comey both were involved in opposition to the Ashcroft/Gonzalez fiasco in the Bush years and were on the same page.

giphy.gif

Varjet

CNN restating what bears repeating here.

Mueller now has the power to investigate literally anything related to Trump. He can call for tax returns, investigate his businesses, subpoena anything and everything, or anything else.

He has the power to define the bounds of the investigation and can bring charges to anyone he finds to be guilty of anything.

I wonder if Trump has realized that yet.
Probably not.

Krakn3Dfx

How long before Donald summons him to the White House and asks him to drop the investigation?

Maybe he'll offer him a lifetime supply of free Trump Steaks.
Trump-Steaks-2.jpg

"You know, I know this Trump steak is a leathery hunk of shit. I know that when I put it in my mouth, greed is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."

CHC

Maybe he'll offer him a lifetime supply of free Trump Steaks.
Trump-Steaks-2.jpg

"You know, I know this Trump steak is a leathery hunk of shit. I know that when I put it in my mouth, greed is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."

That chef totally shit in the food

Top Bottom