• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

LiK

X0pLXzv.png

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/864994472492453888

Someone is scared.

so desperate

rucury

Banned
There is exactly zero chance Mueller would go along with that.

Wouldn't be the first time a previously "trustworthy" individual drank the Trump kool-aide. McMaster anyone?

It is a very real possibility. Also a real possibility is that the investigation finds no conclusive evidence of significant collusion between Trump and Russia. I highly doubt it, but at least I'm being realistic here on both accounts.

Kusagari

Wouldn't be the first time a previously "trustworthy" individual drank the Trump kool-aide. McMaster anyone?

It is a very real possibility. Also a real possibility is that the investigation finds no conclusive evidence of significant collusion between Trump and Russia. I highly doubt it, but at least I'm being realistic here on both accounts.

Comey didn't and Mueller was effectively Comey's mentor.

Trump's "Yes" man appoints the special prosecutor? Sounds legit

People only looked suspiciously at Rosenstein when he was blamed for Comey's firing. It appears he didn't take kindly to being made the scapegoat and did the thing he needed to do. I have confidence in Mueller and my confidence in Rosenstein is restored.

Draper

So, if it's discovered there's direct collusion between Trump and Russia, does an impeachment process still must happen or with treason on the books, is he just taken down?

McMaster does it because he literally has no other choice.

Mueller has power over Trump. He doesn't have to listen to shit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh I agree but they were radio silent last night.
That would have required them staking positions on potential actions. Now an action has already been taken that they have no input or influence on, they might as well back it, at least publicly.

Wouldn't it be something if Trump just resigned?

I hope he doesn't. He'd become a martyr if that happened. You'd have people like Rush spinning it as Trump being forced out by the establishment and talking about how corrupt the swamp is or something.

riotous

Banned
So, if it's discovered there's direct collusion between Trump and Russia, does an impeachment process still must happen or with treason on the books, is he just taken down?

IIRC this is debatable; the Constitution isn't clear on it. Some believe you can't indict a sitting President, others think it's possible.

Most likely course would have to be impeachment followed by indictment if it ever got there.

She's a big Mensch/Taylor follower though...

Funny that a lot of the stuff Mensch and Taylor have been saying today is happening. The only thing that hasn't seemed to happen is the arrests. I was reading her blog as kind of a guilty pleasure last week. She mentioned Ryan and other GOP members were involved and Hatch is the next in line for the U.S. President when this goes down. What happened today? Leaked conversation between Ryan, McCarthy and other GOPers about Trump being involved with the Russians.

She clearly has some kind of source even if she does put her "I'm probably clinically insane" spin on things. She has got other things right also. I don't want to be the guy, but yeah. She clearly has issues and sources.

TheMan

honestly I thought trump would get away with pretty much everything.

i guess all this brouhaha could potentially be for show, but hey, maybe this is the beginning of the end for cheetohturd! So long trump!

hello president pence!

oh god.

Top Bottom