• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Steejee

X0pLXzv.png

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/864994472492453888

Someone is scared.

It's amazing to me that there are people out there who don't think they're Russian shills.

That particular tweet is hilarious just because they're trying to paint Mueller as some sort of Russian stooge (I think? No idea) because he delivered a 'sample' to the Russians...which I presume was stolen from somewhere and the FBI wanted the Russians to identify the source.

Trump is in every conceivable way more idiotic than Nixon. This whole thing is going to end much more terribly for him.

Nixon was involved in attacking the Democratic Party. Trump looks to be involved in a foreign country attacking the United States of America. It better end much more terrible for him.

CNN speaking truth.

Don't panic or worry if this goes quiet. Mueller wants to run a tight ship, so there might not be any leaks of how things are going and who is testifying. Just let it play out.

CHC

So, if it's discovered there's direct collusion between Trump and Russia, does an impeachment process still must happen or with treason on the books, is he just taken down?

I mean honestly "treason" hasn't really been invoked since, at best, like the Cold War Era. I really can't imagine actually getting tried for treason at this point unless there were government agents explicitly giving secrets to absolutely certain enemies like ISIS.

Best case scenario Trump is forced to resign because of some inevitable onslaught of complicated charges, and then slowly has his businesses dismantled over the course of the rest of his life.

Nothing is cut and dry with major cases like this. I have a friend who is working on the Lance Armstrong doping case and they're still in the thick of it, this many years later. He'll be fucked by the end of it, but these kinds of assholes never make it easy. They lose, but they drag it out.

FZZ

Banned
honestly I thought trump would get away with pretty much everything.

i guess all this brouhaha could potentially be for show, but hey, maybe this is the beginning of the end for cheetohturd! So long trump!

hello president pence!

oh god.

Feel like with how infested this administration is

If trump goes down so does Pence

teiresias

It sounds like Rosenstein has put forth a matter of protections for Mueller. He cannot be fired by the President, or anyone else. Mueller is entirely on his own on this investigation.

Wouldn't it be something if Trump just resigned?

Trump's only protection from actual prosecution is him being President. He wont' go anywhere unless he's removed.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
CNN speaking truth.

Don't panic or worry if this goes quiet. Mueller wants to run a tight ship, so there might no be any leaks of how things are going and who is testifying. Just let it play out.

This is true. Mueller is an extremely anal retentive tight ass. And that's why he's PERFECT for this.

Zolo

It sounds like Rosenstein has put forth a matter of protections for Mueller. He cannot be fired by the President, or anyone else. Mueller is entirely on his own on this investigation.

Wouldn't it be something if Trump just resigned?

Can he do that? I thought he could still be fired by Rosenstein or anyone who replaces him.

Wait, this is confusing.

1) Wikileaks support Russia

2) No doubt they're trying to mess with the investigation so that people don't find about Trump's relationship to Russia

2) But they're doing this, by arguing that Mueller can't be trusted because he...worked with Russia?

When you think you're playing 8th dimensional chess but the box says Connect Four.

Steejee

Wait, this is confusing.

2) No doubt they're trying to mess with the investigation so that people don't find about Trump's relationship to Russia

2) But they're doing this, by arguing that Mueller can't be trusted because he...worked with Russia?

It's almost as if they have nothing and just searched what they had for "mueller + russia" and this is the best they could come up with - him doing his job.

Still makes me laugh. :lol

Damn this classic GAF meme is still great!

GAF ily so much

Jesus this is an old one! Still great

FTFY

Also, amazing meme stays amazing.

Thank you for this.

I was honestly baffled searching the Comey thread how it didn't show up in the search, haha.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Thank GOD Wikileaks has started a disinformation campaign on Mueller. Makes me feel alot better about his appointment.

kris.

Banned
this former FBI guy on CNN is singing Mueller's praises right now and it's gettin me all giddy

this shit is actually happening hahahaha

Wait, this is confusing.

They're just creating FUD. Russia's main goal is undermining everyone's trust in government and institutions.

BFIB

Can he do that? I thought he could still be fired by Rosenstein or anyone who replaces him.

Unless I heard wrong? I was listening to CNN and cooking dinner, could have sworn I heard someone state that Mueller cannot be fired by Trump, or his replacement at the FBI, and not Sessions since he recused himself.

Toobin now stating that Mueller runs a very "tight ship" and that things will likely go quiet for a while.

Wait, this is confusing.

They know Russia can take it.

It's like Trump shitting on Goldman Sachs for the entire election and then filling his cabinet with GS executives. They know people hate them so why not use that?

So are we the right last year waiting for Comey to prosecute Hillary and the they will come out and say they have business ties etc but no crimes were committed and leave it at that.

I'm still shook guys

I don't like seeing the GOP taking a sigh of relief

Top Bottom