• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Nafai1123

Banned
So this is going to be the last bit of news we have about this for like a year or two isn't it? :|

No way. Congressional investigations still ongoing. Don't see why the leaks would stop either.

So are we the right last year waiting for Comey to prosecute Hillary and the they will come out and say they have business ties etc but no crimes were committed and leave it at that.

I'm still shook guys

I don't like seeing the GOP taking a sigh of relief

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? They are shook AF. They can't deride the decision because it's political suicide.

Snaku

Banned
Finally. Today's the day. This is the tipping point. Mueller will not hand-wave and close his eyes and plug his ears. Comey didn't play Trump's games and holds all the cards. The FBI has not taken kindly and will not forgive or forget, nor the CIA, and those in the administration running and hiding in shock and horror up to this point and leaking what they can will be able to step forward for the parade of depositions.

Make America Great Again time.

img_56290ljx4.gif

No way. Congressional investigations still ongoing. Don't see why the leaks would stop either.

CNN is saying that the investigation group is going to be pretty much airtight as other Muller investigations have gone. But yeah, Congressional investigations will still be happening.

CDX

Thank GOD Wikileaks has started a disinformation campaign on Mueller. Makes me feel alot better about his appointment.

exactly what I was thinking.

Oh wikileaks doesn't like him, well now I feel even better about his appointment.

He can be fired by Trump, but doing so would be even worse of an idea than firing Comey.

I think only Rosenstein can. Of course Trump can try and order him to.

Nixon didn't fire his special prosecutor. He had his AG do it if memory serves. His original AG and DAG resigned because they refused to do it. He looked around and hired someone who would.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I can only imagine Hillary is somewhere having a drink and getting a great chuckle out of all this. Wonder what it would be like to be in her company right now.

Steejee

Checking the site I use as my 'Not politics focused by talks politics a lot' right wing site, even they aren't buying the Wikileaks bit, and they had giant threads about Pizzagate, the Seth Rich thing, and dozens of pages dedicated to trying to rationalize the 'tapes' tweet.

So if they can't even convince the people that love conspiracies that this is a conspiracy, they got nothing.

Amir0x

Banned
exactly what I was thinking.

Oh wikileaks doesn't like him, well now I feel even better about his appointment.

Yup. And to me it also signals Russia knows that there really is criminal activity that needs hiding about Trump's campaign. They do not want someone seriously looking at this.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? They are shook AF. They can't deride the decision because it's political suicide.

They were just talking about this on CNN things get to cool off and get out of the public eye. At town halls when people bring this up they can say it's in good hands I don't know anything else.

So are we the right last year waiting for Comey to prosecute Hillary and the they will come out and say they have business ties etc but no crimes were committed and leave it at that.

I'm still shook guys

I don't like seeing the GOP taking a sigh of relief

Uh? You're getting confused here. The investigation you're referencing was about her email server. It has nothing to do with business ties. You're confusing this, I think, with the Clinton Foundation which allegedly had some shady dealings, but was never actually under investigation.

No. Trump cannot fire Mueller.

It was reported earlier that the President cannot fire Mueller. I think maybe it was a CBS link, I'm not sure, someone will have to dig it up.

I think only Rosenstein can. Of course Trump can try and order him to.

Nixon didn't fire his special prosecutor. He had his AG do it if memory serves. His original AG and DAG resigned because they refused to do it. He looked around and hired someone who would.

That's great then, MSNBC must have been mistaken. They just had Maxine Waters on and she said he wasn't given that level of protection from the president.

Blizzard

Banned
Via proxy, he absolutely can. It would be the dumbest mistake of his mistake-filled life, but he can do it.
How can he do it via proxy? Order Rosenstein?

The only way I can see it happening is if he orders Rosenstein, Rosenstein refuses, Trump fires Rosenstein, Trump appoints someone else, and THEY fire Mueller.

And I think pretty much anyone realizes that's a no-go, if Trump's advisors have any sway left.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
this is the senate... not congress

I know, but there was an announcement yesterday or the day before with the senate suggesting the exact same thing.

And I think you mean the House.

edit: beaten like Paul Ryan's spirit

Uh? You're getting confused here. The investigation you're referencing was about her email server. It has nothing to do with business ties. You're confusing this, I think, with the Clinton Foundation which allegedly had some shady dealings, but was never actually under investigation.

Oops you are right. Thanks for the correction

Top Bottom