• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Yeah, people are misunderstanding. Trump can't directly fire Mueller, but he can order the DAG (since the AG is recused from this) to do it. I don't know if the DAG can refuse or not, though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Via proxy yes. But he cannot do it directly. The only guy who has that power is Rosenstein, or a replacement if Trump fires him.

But Trump firing Rosenstein, hiring a new Deputy AG, then that guy firing Mueller would be incredibly stupid even by the most Trump standards.
Robert Bork might be available

No that is not what they said.

That is what they said. Two members of the panel said Trump could fire him, then Gersh said that the Attorney General or Deputy AG actually has to do it, though Trump can call for it. Then he broke down what Nixon did.

I'm literally watching it right now.

Yeah, people are misunderstanding. Trump can't directly fire Mueller, but he can order the DAG (since the AG is recused from this) to do it. I don't know if the DAG can refuse or not, though.

As soon as he fires the DAG for refusal of orders, his Admin comes crumbling down. It would be a tacit admission of guilt and spur impeachment.

Tovarisc

LKsAZMz.png

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/865001686288314368

AndyD

aka andydumi
So what are the possible repercussion s for Ryan for essentially knowing about Trump collusion with Russia a year ago and saying nothing? Criminally speaking.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
To be suicide?

Firing Comey led to all of this. Had he not fired Comey, the investigation would still be ongoing the way it had been for months.

I mean that you would think that firing an FBI director who is investigation you would lead to lots of trouble, but Trump and his minions (well, maybe not all of them) thought that would be the case.

Zolo

Each member of Trump's staff needs to look at all of this and see if they still want to be known as the members who stuck with (at least one of) the most corrupt administration the US has ever had.

Nafai1123

Banned
Difference was that for Nixon the GOP didn't control Congress.

True, nothing happens if Congress won't act. I'd like to think that committing a Nixon would be enough for them to finally say enough is enough, but this is the GOP we're talking about. Public perception would be highly acidic at that point though.

T_D is waffling between this being terrible with the media and democrats bullying everyone into getting their way again, and this actually being great because it'll expose Hillary somehow.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Each member of Trump's staff needs to look at all of this and see if they still want to be known as the members who stuck with (at least one of) the most corrupt administration the US has ever had.

Most of his staff hail from Mos Eisley. That, and they're generally not all that smart.

Top Bottom