• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He's on tape, apparently, acknowledging it and then saying that they have to stay quiet because the GOP is 'a family.' He denied it vehemently at first, but when informed there was a tape he said it was all a joke.

I knew about that one, it's not enough to get him unless you could prove they weren't joking around.

All things being relative, I find something oddly reassuring about Trump's complete incompetence and how reliably he fails to accomplish anything. That's like the little silver lining here -- Trump's a disgusting monster, yes, but I'd worry that a Ryan administration would have a bit more discipline and may be able to accomplish something.

Do you want the buffoon or the calculated serial killer who knows how to play the game?

Ryan had to sell his firstborn to pass a bill while his party had a Majority in the House he is Speaker of.

Durden77

I'm a bit confused as to why this would be a bad thing for Trump supporters. I thought Trump supporters now thought Russia was a friend anyway, so doesn't this just cement that Mueller is a hero to them?

Also, if it's a leak, then isn't the important thing not the message itself, but finding the leakers?

Don't try to rationalize, they don't.

source.gif

So we're close to a President Paul Ryan now I hope...and yes that's desirable at this point.

After the transcript of him talking about Russia last year, I think he's got too much dirt on him to get the gig. It would be another scandal filled debacle with a shinier coat of paint.

If Dems take back the House in 2018, Pelosi would be speaker of the House. If Trump and Pence fall then, Pelosi becomes President.

Wouldn't that be some shit lol. I mean, no way that happens, the GOP would force Trump out before then just in case if he was going down. But could you imagine?

I'm a bit confused as to why this would be a bad thing for Trump supporters. I thought Trump supporters now thought Russia was a friend anyway, so doesn't this just cement that Mueller is a hero to them?

Also, if it's a leak, then isn't the important thing not the message itself, but finding the leakers?

They just posted that part of the document to make him look bad. People posted the rest of the document in the Twitter chain and earlier in this thread explaining why that has happening. It was official government business he was on.

Just desperation #fakenews from Russian ran WikiLeaks.

I knew about that one, it's not enough to get him unless you could prove they weren't joking around.

It's not just the recording. Even if they were only just "aware" (I learned how to do that from Trump!) of it then... Ryan has been especially close with Trump since after publicly having issues with each other early in the campaign. Odd, right? Ryan and the rest of the GOP have had plenty of time to see how dirty their hands can get. What else could the IC have on them is the question.

And even just reading the transcript, only an idiot can come to the conclusion that McCarthy or Ryan thought it was joke. Maybe the few that laughed, but that's about it. They won't be able to spin the "Swear to god" and Ryan's order to sweep it under the rug.

If Pence and Trump are both impeached, I could see Ryan or Hatch resigning after they select somebody who actually wanted to be president as the Vice President.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It's not just the recording. If they were just aware of it then... Ryan has been especially close with Trump since after publicly having issues with each other. odd, right? Ryan and the rest of the GOP have had plenty of time to see how dirty their hands can get. WHat else could the IC have on them is the question.

Makes sense since they been such bitches and going against the views they stood for. They got dirty and tried to slow it all down.

Top Bottom