• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Davide

Before He Came to White House, Trump Team Knew Flynn Was Under Investigation

Michael T. Flynn told President Trump's transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, according to two people familiar with the case.

Despite this warning, which came about a month after the Justice Department notified Mr. Flynn of the inquiry, Mr. Trump made Mr. Flynn his national security adviser. The job gave Mr. Flynn access to the president and nearly every secret held by American intelligence agencies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/...eakingNews&contentID=65315008&pgtype=Homepage

And the stories keep coming

The only silver lining of this whole catastrophe is that we get to watch his downfall, live.

He'll be reviled by this country ever after. He'll live out his final days knowing that everyone hates him, a fate worse than death for someone who constantly seeks praise and attention.

Except for the 10s of millions who think this is all a lie and a hit job on him.

CHC

Michael T. Flynn told President Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, according to two people familiar with the case.

Despite this warning, which came about a month after the Justice Department notified Mr. Flynn of the inquiry, Mr. Trump made Mr. Flynn his national security adviser. The job gave Mr. Flynn access to the president and nearly every secret held by American intelligence agencies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/...eakingNews&contentID=65315008&pgtype=Homepage

Another piece falls into place

Ashodin

Ahh here it is

giphy.gif

I mean, we're still going to be lucky to see Trump go down. I don't think the line of succession is going to go beyond Pence.

Eh, people think Pence is in the clear, but I still doubt it. He's been implicated in the stuff with Flynn, and not too long ago he was in a private meeting with Russian church officials that got exposed. He may be able to keep his head down and escape, but I feel like when/if this admin goes down, almost all of the upper tier is going to get flushed.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
When I get home, I'm going to overlay the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme with that McConnell clip.

I hope all the fear and sadness I and millions felt on November 8, 2016 is inflicted 10 fold on this fucking scum of an administration

and even more on the fucking cunts that supported them and voted for this orange scrotum

You and me both, man.

Michael T. Flynn told President Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, according to two people familiar with the case.

Wasn't this reported before? I vaguely recall it. Still noteworthy, though.

I could be mixing her up with someone but wasn't she the one writing a bunch of pro-Bernie pieces and shit? Basically one of those "Liberals" who is all about party purity if ai remember correctly.

She was a Conservative MP in the U.K., and just the other week claimed Bernie was a Putin puppet.

Boy, I wonder when they won all branches of government last year, if the GOP, sitting back with big smiles, thought any of this shit would get this hot this quick.

This was supposed to be their renaissance but instead it's their reckoning. Being exposed as the party before country party, can't hide behind Christian values or personal responsibility bullshit anymore.

Art of the Deal author going in on Trump's inner workings. Absolutely terrible that Trump has been allowed to get to where he is.

He's a child. I really do expect that in the goal of winning, Trump was open to anything that could help him. Including opening himself up to foreign actors to take down opponents.

Zolo

The only silver lining of this whole catastrophe is that we get to watch his downfall, live.

He'll be reviled by this country ever after. He'll live out his final days knowing that everyone hates him, a fate worse than death for someone who constantly seeks praise and attention.

I'm curious how this will affect his business empire down the line. Dude's going to replace Nixon as the face of presidential corruption. That can't be good for branding or long-term business.

cameron

Key bit:
Mr. Flynn’s disclosure, on Jan. 4, was first made to the transition team’s chief lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, who is now the White House counsel. That conversation, and another one two days later between Mr. Flynn’s lawyer and transition lawyers, shows that the Trump team knew about the investigation of Mr. Flynn far earlier than has been previously reported.

I don't think the Paul Ryan thing has much substance to it, honestly it looks like a strategically-timed leak to not-so-subtly send the message, "Hey, back the fuck up unless you want to be the next one under the bus, cowboy".

Now, if he keeps sticking his neck out, maybe something juicy gets dumped.

Vestal

uDeYTDH.jpg

im a bit frightened with how the hardcore fans will react if trump gets fucked

They always come off so unbelievably mental on the internet

Alucrid

Banned
I'm curious how this will affect his business empire down the line. Dude's going to replace Nixon as the face of presidential corruption. That can't be good for branding or long-term business.

trump vodka number one vodka. americans hate it!

IrishNinja

his business'll take a hit, but expanding into china will help - and the same fuckboy groups that took photos eating at CFA to "fight the gay agenda" will likewise take pics at discount trump hotels

when he finally passes, his eulogy will mention the inaguration crowd size, and copies of the 2016 electoral map will be distrubited. his gravestone will passively mention how beloved by everyone he was, and how he tragically died rescuing his family from the wreckage of a destroyed sinking battleship.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I invented the whole Mitch McConnell is a turtle thing, but as soon as I saw someone call him a turtle, I was like,"Yep, that's a turtle."

How could someone refute or be confused by that

HvySky

The day Trump is impeached, I'm printing out the front page of the NYT and framing it. It will be the centerpiece of my apartment. Just... tremendous.

Top Bottom