• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Log4Girlz

VpGSUpm.jpg

old tweet but still a good one

GMNpJYu.gif

Footage of McConnell attempting an escape

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
https://nyti.ms/2qumX3e

Trump Team Knew Flynn Was Under Investigation Before He Came to White House

<Obama> P.S., Donnie, I'll give you this one for free: you don't want to hire Mike Flynn. He's under serious ongoing investigation and involving him in your administration would be a massive liability to the security and integrity of the United States.

<Trump> Yes. Right. T-t-thank you. You speak so well--have I mentioned you're so well spoken? Thanks. Thanks. I love your advice. Great advice-giver, that's what I'm going to tell everyone.

[...]

<Trump> Get this Flynn on the phone! I want him!

<Flynn> I'm flattered, Mr. President-Elect, but full disclosure...

<Trump> I make the best decisions. Are you saying I don't make the best decisions? I make the best decisions and Obama makes the worst decisions. You're hired.

Socreges

Banned
The constitution is pretty clear, when Trump steps down (he won't be impeached & removed), Pence takes over. The only way this wouldn't happen is if Pence is removed beforehand. That's not going to happen.

I'm becoming more optimistic that Trump take his pardon and leave rather than spend his full 4 year term. Take what victory you can.
I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves....but it's hard not to entertain such possibilities.

Bring on President Pence. He will be terrible in his own ways but I think if he succeeds Trump that would mean a cratered and divided GOP + base. He doesn't have the cultish draw that Trump does and he'd struggle to sell his poisonous policies. Mid-term would be decisive for Democrats, and possibly the 2020 election as well

On Maddow one of the guys that wrote the regulations for special prosecutor appointments, operating rules:

Yes, the president CAN fire Mueller. Directly. Himself.

kevin1025

Banned
That guy that was posted here in a thread yesterday stole it from this guy, or came up with it separately. I saw his way earlier in my twitter feed and timestamps show he was a couple of hours earlier.

Ah, cool. It makes me sad that the person earliest to say it gets the least retweets.

rpg_fan

No, it's not, because Pence could also resign at the same time or beforehand (like Agnew did with Nixon after he got caught in his own little scandal). And I personally think that he will, not out of good-heartedness, but because he has his own ties into this Russia thing, and the whole investigation is just going to keep going if he's there, and the GOP is going to want to get all of that out of the spotlight whenever/ifever this goes down.

I mean, we'll see what happens, but I'm not going to be surprised at all if Pence goes around the same time Trump does.

EDIT: Actually, if it goes that far and we do see Trump resign, I will almost bet money that what will happen is exactly what happened with Nixon. Pence will resign first, which will give the GOP an opportunity to put the most palatable Republican they can think of in that spot without any ties to this Russian investigation at all, and we'll have a Gerald Ford situation all over again.

I really don't see Pence resigning. The situation is very different in that there is no opposing party in congress. There may or may not be after 2018, but do you really think the country will be ready for another round of impeachment talk? The republican congress will not put pressure on Pence to resign.

And next up is Paul Ryan, think he's going to resign as well? The rules of succession are pretty darned clear. Just how many people do people think would resign? Any more than one is pretty much dreaming.

Wow so glad the libcucks in the deepstate have finally got their way and will discover a big fat nothing. Whilst that's happening they get to bury the Seth Rich story as well. Well President Donald Trump isn't going anywhere, a million armed patriots will march to Washington if impeachment is attempted.

Steel

Banned
I really don't see Pence resigning. The situation is very different in that there is no opposing party in congress. There may or may not be after 2018, but do you really think the country will be ready for another round of impeachment talk? The republican congress will not put pressure on Pence to resign.

And next up is Paul Ryan, think he's going to resign as well? The rules of succession are pretty darned clear. Just how many people do people think would resign? Any more than one is pretty much dreaming.

This investigation is likely to last past 2018, so, while it's a truly long shot for many reasons, it's possible that both Trump and Pence get taken out and the Dems take Congress making Pelosi President.

Man, I'm sitting thinking about those certain GAF posters who are weirdly absent from all these threads the past couple of days... You know the ones.

Zophar

Wow so glad the libcucks in the deepstate have finally got their way and will discover a big fat nothing. Whilst that's happening they get to bury the Seth Rich story as well. Well President Donald Trump isn't going anywhere, a million armed patriots will march to Washington if impeachment is attempted.
Source your quotes

rpg_fan

Bullshit.

Prediction: Whether Mueller files charges or not, we will still have the same people arguing the same things they have since November 9th.

Are you really this dense? Libcucks? Wow. Maybe just people with an actual brain and moral compass?

The Seth Rich story is just another bullshit conspiracy like damn Pizzagate,made up by idiots to keep your eyes off the Russian puppet they've installed in the WH.

Can someone really be this stupid to believe the shit he just typed up? Like wow dude.

Gleethor

<Obama> P.S., Donnie, I'll give you this one for free: you don't want to hire Mike Flynn. He's under serious ongoing investigation and involving him in your administration would be a massive liability to the security and integrity of the United States.

<Trump> Yes. Right. T-t-thank you. You speak so well--have I mentioned you're so well spoken? Thanks. Thanks. I love your advice. Great advice-giver, that's what I'm going to tell everyone.

[...]

<Trump> Get this Flynn on the phone! I want him!

<Flynn> I'm flattered, Mr. President-Elect, but full disclosure...

<Trump> I make the best decisions. Are you saying I don't make the best decisions? I make the best decisions and Obama makes the worst decisions. You're hired.
Yup. Straight from the "Obama like, me hate. Obama hate, me like" playbook the GOP has been using the past 8 years

The only silver lining of this whole catastrophe is that we get to watch his downfall, live.

He'll be reviled by this country ever after. He'll live out his final days knowing that everyone hates him, a fate worse than death for someone who constantly seeks praise and attention.

His own living hell, awwwww :')

Steel

Banned
Are you really this dense? Libcucks? Wow. Maybe just people with an actual brain and moral compass?

The Seth Rich story is just another bullshit conspiracy like damn Pizzagate,made up by idiots to keep your eyes off the Russian puppet they've installed in the WH.

Can someone really be this stupid to believe the shit he just typed up? Like wow dude.

/Satire. Though it's indistinguishable from the real thing.

He's mocking the kool-aid drinkers.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Pretty sure he's not being serious. Like at all. Just a parody of The_Douchebag.

Zolo

Look at post history.

kevin1025

Banned

*checks previous posts*

... okay, continue.

TheContact

I'm not gonna lie and say that I invented the whole Mitch McConnell is a turtle thing, but as soon as I saw someone call him a turtle, I was like,"Yep, that's a turtle."

How could someone refute or be confused by that

Was Jon Stewart the first? At least that's where I first saw him compared to a turtle

I've literally cum like 7 times from all of the news today, but your ragey impotence just made it #8.

Was it good for you too?

*edit* Very good performance! A+

Ric Flair

Banned
bingo-games-for-old.jpg

Trakdown

This post is the only big fat nothing I anticipate running into anytime soon.

Jesus christ

If they break and spill all the beans because trump won't support theM

Hoooo

Not so fast.

What if they side with Trump in exchange for Trump paying for their legal defense? You'll never get to know the circumstances of how they got their lawyer. Attorney-Client privilege.

DonShula

You guys sat on your guns for eight years while a black man served two terms. You're impotent and you will do nothing.

Before He Came to White House, Trump Team Knew Flynn Was Under Investigation

Michael T. Flynn told President Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, according to two people familiar with the case.

Despite this warning, which came about a month after the Justice Department notified Mr. Flynn of the inquiry, Mr. Trump made Mr. Flynn his national security adviser. The job gave Mr. Flynn access to the president and nearly every secret held by American intelligence agencies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/...eakingNews&contentID=65315008&pgtype=Homepage

Another piece falls into place
b97J3bn.gif

TheContact

Keep drinking the coolade, friend

kaskade

It must be crazy being appointed as a person who could bring down the president of the united states. I mean it's only Trump but still.

Bullshit.

I've literally cum like 7 times from all of the news today, but your ragey impotence just made it #8.

Was it good for you too?

Keep drinking the coolade, friend

You guys sat on your guns for eight years while a black man served two terms. You're impotent and you will do nothing.

Yeahh baby

Top Bottom