• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

bp3MywU.jpg

fuck LOL

Jenov

Hannity is hilarious wow. The delusion is gross to watch. He listed like every single major news outlet as an 'enemy' of the Trump admin conspiring to destroy Trump just because he won the election. The "Destroy Trump Alliance." LOLOL. He's calling on people to fight back 1) all of the media 2) deep state (ic) 3) democrats 4) establishment republicans 5) "never trumpers" -- wtf

So do people actually think we'll get some solid reliable answers from this ever or just one side blaming the other?

Trump gets impeached: Conservatives lose their minds on conspiracy theories and "deep state" and blame obama for the next 4 years

Trump goes off scot free: Liberals spend the next 4 years talking about the russia connection despite any conclusions drawn from any investigation and seek impeachment over and over again.

I wonder if impeachment will become the norm for US presidents from here on out, with how divided both sides are at each other.

I just want the whole thing to be over. I want to know without a shadow of a doubt that he broke the law and will be jailed or he didn't. Whether he acted morally or correctly or becoming of the office is no longer the question, it's just whether he will be arrested/impeached or not justly.

My money is on impeached by winter but who knows with how crazy things have been.

Koomaster

It really seems like "Trump did a good job in picking Mueller" is going to be the party line. Here's a GOP Rep saying it

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/864997935146192898
The best part about this narrative spin, is that Trump is going to undo it in a future tweet storm. Probably shitting on Mueller for something and complaining he's the most picked on president and how there doesn't need to be a special counsel and wah wah wah.

Every single time the GOP comes up with some angle to defend him or make him look good in a situation, he instinctively tweets the exact opposite; making himself look bad as well as members of the GOP who tried to defend him.

Hannity is hilarious wow. The delusion is gross to watch. He listed like every single major news outlet as an 'enemy' of the Trump admin conspiring to destroy Trump just because he won the election. The "Destroy Trump Alliance." LOLOL

I want to join the alliance. Is there a number I call?

Not directly by Trump. Trump can order the firing, but the AG has to do it. And since Sessions is recused, it has to be the Deputy AG. Who is the one who appointed Mueller. Now, Trump could fire the Deputy AG until he finds someone to fire Mueller, but that would be his dumbest move yet.

Doing that is one of the biggest things that sunk Nixon.

Please stop spreading that.

Trump. CAN. Fire. Mueller.

Please read back in the thread. Confirmed on Maddow.

So do people actually think we'll get some solid reliable answers from this ever or just one side blaming the other?

Trump gets impeached: Conservatives lose their minds on conspiracy theories and "deep state" and blame obama for the next 4 years

Trump goes off scot free: Liberals spend the next 4 years talking about the russia connection despite any conclusions drawn from any investigation and seek impeachment over and over again.

I wonder if impeachment will become the norm for US presidents from here on out, with how divided both sides are at each other.
People will just accept the results of whatever the investigation is.

Magwik

Banned

Expect a hell of a lot more checks and balances if Dems take back control in 2018.

MechDX

Urgh, I hate defending these people, but this was clearly a joke. I mean, it's a dark joke considering who is talking, but still

Dont disagree but when you have already called out the media numerous times, discredit them at every turn you turn around and give them MORE ammo?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Urgh, I hate defending these people, but this was clearly a joke. I mean, it's a dark joke considering who is talking, but still

Yeah, but why make a joke like that to begin with if you didn't seem to agree with the idea on some level?

I just want the whole thing to be over. I want to know without a shadow of a doubt that he broke the law and will be jailed or he didn't. Whether he acted morally or correctly or becoming of the office is no longer the question, it's just whether he will be arrested/impeached or not justly.

My money is on impeached by winter but who knows with how crazy things have been.

No, because this assumes this is a normal station. It's not. Trump's presidency is not even remotely normal for the level of corruption we are seeing

Hannity is hilarious wow. The delusion is gross to watch. He listed like every single major news outlet as an 'enemy' of the Trump admin conspiring to destroy Trump just because he won the election. The "Destroy Trump Alliance." LOLOL. He's calling on people to fight back 1) all of the media 2) deep state (ic) 3) democrats 4) establishment republicans 5) "never trumpers" -- wtf
That's the right wing media for you. It ain't just Hannity. Mark Levin has been saying the same stuff for years, first with the media working to cover King Obama's crimes and hypocrisy, and then working to destroy Trump because democrats and liberals are upset their side lost and also they want to destroy America and the Constitution.

I just love how they are already trying to set up the narrative, if they don't get collusion it is a win. Sorry kids, it isn't even about that anymore. It is about trying to shut down the investigation.

The way they have dealt with Comey...

It's like the way they deal with women that would try to sue for sexual harassment.

Undermine character, "oh it's his words against Trumps" "why didn't he come forward earlier?"

Yeah, but why make a joke like that to begin with if you didn't seem to agree with the idea on some level?

Eh, it seems like a clear line of thought in the administration. Remember, Trump suggested to Comey that reporters should be thrown in jail.

Come on, guys, don't die on this hill.

Not correct. Trump can fire him.

Unless I missed something earlier, it's been said from several sources that he cannot directly fire him. Has this been contradicted?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I have no fondness for that odious quavering lickspittle, but I am a little curious to see how the alt.right will turn on him for his, ahem, theological proclivities.

I think they are firmly in "We'll gas him last" mode over Kushner. He's safe in their eyes I think.

No, because this assumes this is a normal station. It's not. Trump's presidency is not even remotely normal for the level of corruption we are seeing

I think the republicans would have sought hillary's impeachment at every chance they got as well.

Impeachment seems to be becoming less a necessary evil to protect the nation as a political tool when you don't win an election.

Please don't take this to mean trump deserves/doesn't deserve impeachment - and the republicans certainly have a miles longer stretch to impeach a president clinton, but both sides saw it down the road no matter who won on election day.

Shoeless

Yes, it changed in the 90's. One of the guys who architected the more current rules was on Maddow and confirmed the point that Trump can fire Mueller.

If that's the case, then it's pretty much a given that Mueller will be fired then, isn't it? Even if that's pretty much the dumbest thing Trump can do, it's the fastest way to eliminate a perceived threat and he's not thinking at all about long term consequences.

So if that actually does happen, what then? Is the investigation pretty much just killed at that point?

Jenov

That's the right wing media for you. It ain't just Hannity. Mark Levin has been saying the same stuff for years, first with the media working to cover King Obama's crimes and hypocrisy, and then working to destroy Trump because democrats and liberals are upset their side lost and also they want to destroy America and the Constitution.

He's telling viewers:

"Trump voters, it's time for you to stand up and fight!"

"Start fighting.... this is a real threat, this battle is now engaged..."

This man is dangerous....

Top Bottom