• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Aikidoka

Aides are now urging Trump to tweet and speak cautiously. "I think he actually understands what a mess this is," one person said. "He has lawyers telling him nonstop what the stakes are here."

Oh...well it's a start.

I feel like I've heard this before. Lawyers can't babysit him 24/7 and he doesn't seem to have the capacity to remember official statements. Maybe he'll go off on one of his rants/rambles in Saudi Arabia.

Complicit

DAFDFYvWsAAuot_.jpg

Blind spot my ass...they just thought they would get away with this shit like they were used to getting away with shit their whole lives. Problem for them is, being POTUS =/= being a private businessman, in terms of how many eyes are on your operation.

Where are the nothing will come of this people. Is this nothing? Does this look like nothing?

"We reached out to 20 'Nothing Will Happen' posters to appear in this thread.

All declined.

Veitsev

I was listening to On Point on NPR and all the callers that dialed in felt that this was a "witch hunt." I just sat there incredulous, some were still bringing up Hillary's emails, the other excuse was that we don't know the tone Trump was using when talking to Comey about Flynn, he might have said it in a laughing tone. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear shit like that. At least this shit is being taken seriously where it matters.

Right wingers feel the need to call in to any media that isn't right wing and spew the talking points they heard on right wing media. To them they feel they are calling in to spread the "truth" to agencies that are being unfair. This is also started to become coordinated with areas of the internet (like r/the_donald) targeting journalists on twitter, comments sections, polls, etc. You also have lots of old people with too much time on their hands that will naturally skew Trump in a big way. They have been calling in to CSPAN for years now.

I don't think Trump actually gets what a shit pile he's stepped into. He really does not get it.

https://tinyurl.com/kotat4b

The worst job in Washington right now: Working for Trump

Some White House staffers have turned to impeachment gallows humor. Other mid-level aides have started reaching out to consultants, shopping their resumes. And at least one senior staffer has begun privately talking to friends about what a post-White House job would look like, according to two people close the staffer.

WTF...
Trump, for his part, largely believes his recent string of mishaps are not substantive but simply errors of branding and public relations, according to people close to him and the White House

It should be embarrassing to lie so much, but they would need to have feelings to feel embarrassed.

Well he did say the first part. The second part however is bullshit because the WH was informed until 30 minutes before the media was (this is a fact).

So if Pence takes over, will things be better?

Well about that...if the other news is to be believed (that Trump, his campaign and his transition team led by Pence were informed as early as November last year that Flynn was compromised AND he was still on Turkey payroll while NSA), then it MIGHT be President Ryan. And I say MIGHT because who the fuck knows what he had his fingers in as there is the recording that he was aware of all this Russia funding (although he is claiming it was all a joke).

MrMephistoX

Can we all just at least agree President Pence is looking like a superior option at this point? I mean fuck...even if you are a Republican the weekly scandals are just too fucking much. Get rid of this cockknocker and save your chances at getting the GOP agenda passed.

Huh, so it wasn't the AG? Okie dokie

Also, WikiLeaks:
https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/status/864994472492453888

WikiLeaks @wikileaks

WikiLeaks cable Robert Mueller delivering highly enriched stolen Uranium to Russia in 2009 (link: https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09STATE85588_a.html) wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/0… h/t @apblake

DAETg41XgAQPLIm.jpg

The Russians played all their cards on the Trump campaign the only people left to beleive them are the crazies that will never budge off Trumps nuttsack.

Retro

LOL Can't wait for the headline: "Trump Owns Up To Collusion; Bravely Marches Himself Into Prison For Sake of American People"

Actually more than likely the headline will be: "9-Year Long Obama Revenge Plot To Jail Trump and Associates Sadly Successful"

If you think the headline on Breitbart on the day Trump is removed from office will be anything other than a call to violence, if not outright rebellion, you're seriously underestimating white nationalists' disconnect from reality.

So if Pence takes over, will things be better?

Pence, assuming he doesn't get caught in this too (remember, he was on the transition team that, as of tonight, we know Flynn informed them he was under investigation on January 4th), would probably be worse. Without Trump confusing the message and distracting everyone with his blunders, Pence could conceivably put together a tight ship full of hardcore conservatives like himself and basically go to war with the last 60 years of progress. Look what he did in Indiana and put that on a national level. That's a Pence presidency.

Where are the nothing will come of this people. Is this nothing? Does this look like nothing?

They're staying at the kiddie table where they belong.

If you think the headline on Breitbart on the day Trump is removed from office will be anything other than a call to violence, if not outright rebellion, you're seriously underestimating white nationalists' disconnect from reality.

Couldn't they be arrested for attempting to incite a riot?

theWB27

Can we all just at least agree President Pence is looking like a superior option at this point? I mean fuck...even if you are a Republican the weekly scandals are just too fucking much. Get rid of this cockknocker and save your chances at getting the GOP agenda passed.

A republican isn't a better option. Not this crop.

LiK

I think we need to go down like 6 guys in the line of succession before I'm happy with whoever becomes the next president.

yami4ct

Depends on if Trump fires Bannon first, which seems fairly likely as impeachment/a resignation will still probably not happen until 2018+. Alt-Right would turn on Trump then.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It's kind of strange how Wikileaks is always trying to discredit threats to Russia. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Don't presume that if Trump goes down, things will just go return to normalcy for the party and it will be business as usual with whomever retains office. You don't just sweep this under the rug and go back to fucking over the poor, the climate, and pushing tax breaks for the wealthy with the new guy.

If Trump eventually is indeed convicted, he didn't act alone on the magnitude of such an act. The eyes of justice will be shining a very wide lens on every single member of the party that helped put him in office. Every single person he associates with. His entire business operations and partnerships. It will open the floodgates...and well it should. The party knows it.

Aides are now urging Trump to tweet and speak cautiously. "I think he actually understands what a mess this is," one person said. "He has lawyers telling him nonstop what the stakes are here."

We'll see how long that lasts.

Training him... was “like teaching Charles Manson the foxtrot”. Yes, maybe you could teach the notorious murderer a few steps and you’d think you were making progress – but then he’d stab you in the eye. “Because he’s Charles Manson.”

I really wish the constitution would immediately vacate all of a president's supreme court justices if that president resigned or is forcibly removed from office. If they're unfit to lead, they're unfit to shape the court.

I really wish the constitution would immediately vacate all of a president's supreme court justices if that president resigned or is forcibly removed from office. If they're unfit to lead, they're unfit to shape the court.

Eh. Dude's a conservative crony, but he's not as bad as Scalia.

edit: sorry for the double post!

Steel

Banned
The major downside to this is that while Mueller is getting things sorted out, Republicans have a window of opportunity to get through some legislation.

Retro

Couldn't they be arrested for attempting to incite a riot?

Depends, we went over all of this during the Milo thing, where the supreme court considers that sort of language protected unless there's an "imminent and likely" threat. There's a lot of room for interpretation as to what "imminent" means, so in theory one could say "We should kill all the Jews" and it's protected, but if you say "Grab that Jew and kill him!" it's not, because it's inciting violence in a very clear, immediate way.

At that point, if people actually take up arms the legality is probably the least of our concerns, and if they don't I'm sure they can slime their way out of it by saying it was "just entertainment" or something.

Depends on if Trump fires Bannon first, which seems fairly likely as impeachment/a resignation will still probably not happen until 2018+. Alt-Right would turn on Trump then.

Hard to say, Bannon definitely gets them riled up but how many people are just there because of Trump and would stick with him no matter what? The exact mixture of "Angry Orange" and "White (Grape) Power" packets used to make this particular rusty metal tub of Flavor Aid is hard to discern at this point.

Top Bottom