• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
One last hoorah for the Trump admin during the foreign trip.

Then I think he's had enough of this and may very well resign.

He just accepted the news of special prosecutor, didn't get mad. He's a defeated man that I think on the flight back to the White House is just gonna break and peace out.

I honestly see him canceling the foreign trip to have a round of golf instead

wandering

Banned
Obligatory
q1HdtcW.gif

giphy.gif

a.wd

Im only on page 15 (100 ppp motherfuckers) but I saw this and had to drop it in here.

cthagod: When this Trump administration crumbles it's really about to be the greatest example of "Once You Go Black, You'll never go back" that the world has ever seen.

massoluk

Banned
I feel like I should pile on my cousin that expressed surprised I felt bad for Hillary and that Trump would actually behave considering he's a successful businessman.

All these shits, he brought upon himself, these is no externality here

God just imagining if Bernie got nominated and went on to win the presidency (Like all actual data suggests aside from baseless assertions from Hillary supporters) fills me with a ton of sadness and disappointment. If it wasn't for Clinton voters, we could have a truly progressive administration and a more progressive congress. It makes me sad. And worse of all, the Clintons are trying to muscle their way back into the 2020 races. I suppose for the ultra rich, losing politically is fine because the rich will never lose financially.

Instead you have writers on politico trying to attack Bernie for not towing the line for multinational corporations and democratic leaders eager to throw away the advantage of having the single most popular public leader on their side in favor of their corporate owners. Oops. I meant to type donors. They just rhyme so easily.

Socreges

Banned
God just imagining if Bernie got nominated and went on to win the presidency (Like all actual data suggests aside from baseless assertions from Hillary supporters) fills me with a ton of sadness and disappointment. If it wasn't for Clinton voters, we could have a truly progressive administration and a more progressive congress. It makes me sad. And worse of all, the Clintons are trying to muscle their way back into the 2020 races. I suppose for the ultra rich, losing politically is fine because the rich will never lose financially.

Instead you have writers on politico trying to attack Bernie for not towing the line for multinational corporations and democratic leaders eager to throw away the advantage of having the single most popular public leader on their side in favor of their corporate owners. Oops. I meant to type donors. They just rhyme so easily.
Must you

Morat

Banned

Mate at this point this is as silly as the Hillary types blaming Sanders for her loss. Chill.

AYF 001

We can either speculate about alternate timelines for the 500th time and derail the thread, or we can figure out how to make the best of our given situation. Like I just said above, if pressure is applied to republican congressmembers in competitive districts for Paul Ryan to step down and replace him with Sanders, we might have a shot at an outcome the majority of Americans will approve of.

Jesus Christ.

Ploid 3.0

So this Meuller guy is basically lawyer John Rambo? From which movie?

Oh, also, I'm not in the USA so I can't watch the Daily Show clip, can y'all hook a British brother up? I need all the schadenfreude I can get over here.

try the link but instead of youtube replace tube with pak. youpak.com/watchblahblah etc.

Not sure if this has been discouraged. I went to the site and see that you can download the videos there. That + no one seem to mention youpak anymore when people in places that are blocked ask makes me think something is up.

If you guys have a problem, why don't you take it up with all the politico writers writing pissy anti-Bernie articles instead of attacking me? Those guys actually have influence and are actually causing discord withing the democratic party. Unlike me, a nobody on a forum, those guys actually have reach and are actually preventing the party from unifying.

Someone posted a gif that made me really sad and nostalgic for Bernie Sander's campaign. I'm free to comment on that.

I guess now that there aren't any Democrat-centered threads on the front page, some people think any Trump thread is an appropriate dumping ground for their daily "whine about the Democratic primary and the Clintons" bowel movements.

RDreamer

giphy.gif

kirblar

If you guys have a problem, why don't you take it up with all the politico writers writing pissy anti-Bernie articles instead of attacking me? Those guys actually have influence and are actually causing discord withing the democratic party. Unlike me, a nobody on a forum, those guys actually have reach and are actually preventing the party from unifying.
You know what kept people from unifying around Bernie? Bernie.

Isaac Otherworld: wants everyone to be held accountable for what they say except for him. Sounds pretty elitist to me!

KoopaTheCasual

Someone posted a gif that made me really sad and nostalgic for Bernie Sander's campaign. I'm free to comment on that.
You're also free to read the TOS and not derail a thread, but ok.

Yes. It's Bernie's, the single most popular politician in the country out of anyone, fault for him not unifying behind some hack corporatists.

Your wing of the party is the unpopular one right now. But you'll never hear from press about unifying behind the Bernie wing. Again Bernie is the single most popular politician across literally ALL demographics. And you'll never admit you're wrong.

Edit: I apologize for derailing the thread and will immediately let it go and I will not argue about this any further in this thread. In my defense. the Bernie gifs got me really emotional and nostalgic.

Yes. It's Bernie's, the single most popular politician in the country out of anyone, fault for him not unifying behind some hack corporatists.

Your wing of the party is the unpopular one right now. But you'll never hear from press about unifying behind the Bernie wing. Again Bernie is the single most popular politician across literally ALL demographics. And you'll never admit you're wrong.

Get over it. Jesus you sound like those 50 year old uncles who constantly talk about how great they were at sports in their 20s but got injured.

Girl shut the fuck up

Narag

I thought I clicked the wrong thread at first what with the all the Bernie talk but I figure that was probably the point.

Check out this cool GIF.

rv6278g.gif

And yet your post is still more off topic somehow.

Feep

Banned

I generally like Bernie, but man, chill the fuck out. You're irrationally derailing the thread for no reason. "Every Democrat but Bernie is a corporate hack" is neither constructive nor true.

digdug2k

People would have unified around Bernie. They just (gasp) liked Hillary better.

But God, I do get really depressed that, no matter what we do, the best that will come of this is maybe a president Ryan. Fucking Paul Ryan. At the end of the day, things will still be shitty, but we can say to history and the world (half heartedly), "hey we kinda won't let racists run this country... sorta... we try sometimes". Find k Ryan's gonna win again in 2020 too.

Monocle

* CITATION NEEDED
* CITATION NEEDED
* CITATION NEEDED
* CITATION NEEDED
* CITATION NEEDED

Check out this cool GIF.

rv6278g.gif

And yet your post is still more off topic somehow.
Hunk alert. That man is fine.

Oh and also there is a cat.

But God, I do get really depressed that, no matter what we do, the best that will come of this is maybe a president Ryan. Fucking Paul Ryan. At the end of the day, things will still be shitty, but we can say to history and the world (half heartedly), "hey we kinda won't let racists run this country... sorta... we try sometimes". Find k Ryan's gonna win again in 2020 too.

Ryan might be going down with the ship

Hex

Banned

Otherworld indeed.

I'm about to go to sleep but there's recent news that Ryan might be implicated in it as well. At the very least having knowledge of what was going on.

cameron

Wait, is special counsel the same as a special prosecutor?

Yes.

The formal name for a special prosecutor, in this sense, is a "special counsel." With the title come broad investigatory powers, allowing Former Director Mueller to look into the Russia matter with limited oversight. Special counsels tend to come from within the Justice Department itself -- many are U.S. Attorneys, or assistant U.S. Attorneys, but in cases where there is deemed to be potential for a conflict of interest, someone from outside the Justice Department may be appointed.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/robert-mueller-fbi-special-counsel-what-you-need-to-know/

And the best thing is, Trump can technically fire Rosenstein for hiring Mueller without his consent (actually, he can fire him for whatever reason), but practically this is out of the question. Even for Trump. He might as well declare "I am above the law" if he does.

Man, I hope he does...

Zolo

And the best thing is, Trump can technically fire Rosenstein for hiring Mueller without his consent (actually, he can fire him for whatever reason), but practically this is out of the question. Even for Trump. He might as well declare "I am above the law" if he does.

Man, I hope he does...

Republicans and Fox News seem to be going with the story that it was Trump that appointed him.

Edit: I apologize for derailing the thread and will immediately let it go and I will not argue about this any further in this thread. In my defense. the Bernie gifs got me really emotional and nostalgic.

Surprised you managed to type reasonably well through the obvious orgasm your Bernie-shaped dildo was giving.

Republicans and Fox News seem to be going with the story that it was Trump that appointed him.

Yeah somehow suddenly despite the multitude of calls for it previously that went push backed against by Trump himself. Not surprised that some people are certain that outlets like Breitbart and Fox will just call for an immediate and violent civil war if he pays. They only want to paint him as the holy hero.

”In my capacity as acting Attorney General, I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a Special Counsel to assume responsibility for this matter," Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said in a statement. "My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted."

Senior DOJ officials told Fox News the White House was informed of the decision for a special counsel after the order had been signed, through the White House Counsel's office, about an hour before the decision went public.

"As I have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know – there was no collusion between my campaign and any foreign entity," President Trump said in a statement in reaction to the DOJ announcement. "I look forward to this matter concluding quickly. In the meantime, I will never stop fighting for the people and the issues that matter most to the future of our country."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...russia-election-probe-as-special-counsel.html

First they spin their own decision into something that Rosenstein approved... then they spin Rosenstein's decision into something they approved.

Poor Rod must be seething.

Top Bottom