• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Clefargle

Can't wait to see the orange turd sitting in a chair being questioned and floundering all over himself. Should prove to be a nice contrast between his investigations and the Clinton ones.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I really love how Mueller seems to be receiving support on all sides including Fox News. Sure. I expect attacks once the investigation starts charging people related to the Trump administration, but for now, Fox News seems to be giving the impression that this should be a good investigation led by a competent leader.

As someone on the conservative side I think Mueller is a great choice and I think having an investigation is good. Personally I will accept whatever his outcome is. Everyone I have talked to in person over the last day has agreed with this.

Can't wait to see the orange turd sitting in a chair being questioned and floundering all over himself. Should prove to be a nice contrast between his investigations and the Clinton ones.
A full day of Senate hearings will *break* Trump. There's absolutely no way he can get through that kind of questioning without losing his shit

Tovarisc

This week's @TIME cover:
DAGuYISVYAAynyR.jpg

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/865164340030316544

Retro

Is there a press briefing today?

If there is, expect Spicer to do it from the top of a tree or from inside a cave, all the press knows about the bushes. At this rate he'll be giving briefing from the dark side of the moon by August.

Out of curiosity: Can a US president pardon himself and others from crimes he or his staff is accused of?

Not himself, but he could pardon his staff. But at that point he's unlikely to be in a position to do so since they'll be coming for him too. At that point he'll need his successor to pardon him. That's what Ford did for Nixon after Watergate, but Watergate was small potatoes (cover up of a break in) compared to what could be coming down on Soon-to-be-former-President Dickbag.

I suspected for the longest time that they brought in Pence to keep someone with no connections to Shitlord Trump and his scandals to act as a Get Out of Jail card, but it seems they can't even manage that right. At this rate it's gonna be Orrin Hatch making that call.

Anyone have any idea if a presidential pardon can be overturned? A quick look at google says no, though it also says pardons cannot be issued for impeachment (I gather because it's a political rather than legal charge). Putting the cart way before the horse, best not jinx it.

EDIT: That Time cover is fantastic.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Did TIME just leak a new Marvel vs Capcom stage?

Zolo

As someone on the conservative side I think Mueller is a great choice and I think having an investigation is good. Personally I will accept whatever his outcome is. Everyone I have talked to in person over the last day has agreed with this.

Yeah. It does kinda feel like everyone's ultimately put their stake in this as far as the Russia investigation is concerned.

sinxtanx

The failing TIME magazine (for which I've been on the cover of hundreds of times, they're that desperate) will not receive any more federal funding and will pay for the wall

That cover is really going to rustle some feathers.

Time has had a lot of great covers and stories about this administration. One of the very few mag's that I subscribe to.

Looking at people saying this will make a good movie in 10 years... Didn't hbo have a documentary on Trump winning the election before he even took office?

Hell, there are probably writers working on the first draft and just popping details in and out as the story unfolds. We'll have a full funded movie in theaters within 3 months of him leaving office.

Dyle

I'll never understand how he manages to have so many typos in his tweets, how the hell can he have used Twitter for years but somehow manually spell things incorrectly and not use Autocorrect...

Steel

Banned
I'll never understand how he manages to have so many typos in his tweets, how the hell can he have used Twitter for years but somehow manually spell things incorrectly and not use Autocorrect...

He's a 70 year old of below average intelligence.

jelly

He is never wrong in his mind.

Retro

Someone posted this yesterday:
http://i.imgur.com/sKqe3IB.jpg

I'd say that the guy probably misses partying in college, but he was getting raked by the media even then;

He attended Connecticut College from 1989 to 1993 and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in government. In college he was a student senator. In April 1993, an article in the student paper, The College Voice, referred to Spicer as "Sean Sphincter"; Spicer submitted an angry complaint to the paper and followed up by pushing for college judicial action against the paper, for which he received further ribbing from the campus satirical publication Blats. The incident was later cited as the beginning of his contentious relationship with the media.

Poor guy is like a bacon-flavored chew toy for journalists, something about him makes them want to take a big wet bite out of his ass.

Morat

Banned

He probably screams at Autocorrect for contradicting him.

commedieu

Banned
What a time to be alive. The cunt isn't even addressing the concern. He's not even deflecting.

He is saying, in his mind, no one else had a special commission for their illegal activities.

I'm confused by something. The Justice Department chose Mueller, but they're headed by Trump cronies. Why would they choose a competent person to run the investigation?

Top Bottom