• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

ZeoVGM

Banned
God just imagining if Bernie got nominated and went on to win the presidency (Like all actual data suggests aside from baseless assertions from Hillary supporters) fills me with a ton of sadness and disappointment. If it wasn't for Clinton voters, we could have a truly progressive administration and a more progressive congress. It makes me sad. And worse of all, the Clintons are trying to muscle their way back into the 2020 races. I suppose for the ultra rich, losing politically is fine because the rich will never lose financially.

Instead you have writers on politico trying to attack Bernie for not towing the line for multinational corporations and democratic leaders eager to throw away the advantage of having the single most popular public leader on their side in favor of their corporate owners. Oops. I meant to type donors. They just rhyme so easily.

I never say this because it never actually happens, but: I cringed.

The fact that some Bernie supporters are still living in this world of delusion is something else.

Veitsev

I never say this because it never actually happens, but: I cringed.

The fact that some Bernie supporters are still living in this world of delusion is something else.

This is what happens with "movements" built upon a cult of personality rather than ideas.

Ishan

God just imagining if Bernie got nominated and went on to win the presidency (Like all actual data suggests aside from baseless assertions from Hillary supporters) fills me with a ton of sadness and disappointment. If it wasn't for Clinton voters, we could have a truly progressive administration and a more progressive congress. It makes me sad. And worse of all, the Clintons are trying to muscle their way back into the 2020 races. I suppose for the ultra rich, losing politically is fine because the rich will never lose financially.

Instead you have writers on politico trying to attack Bernie for not towing the line for multinational corporations and democratic leaders eager to throw away the advantage of having the single most popular public leader on their side in favor of their corporate owners. Oops. I meant to type donors. They just rhyme so easily.

Imagine was written ages ago by Lennon . Now realize that and that he was half branded as a commi . Also realize not every billionaire is out to fuck you over gates contributes insane amounts to fighting malaria buffet talks straight . Then also realize ppl have different viewpoints and worldviews than yours .

Step 2 figure it out
Step 3 profit with this whole new world of ppl you get along and emphasize with

Trump is toast. It may get a little quiet from here on out, but he won't last much longer, me thinks. Maybe he'll quit from pure exhaustion. Apparently he locked himself away from everyone when news broke about him asking Comey to not investigate Flynn. President Ryan here we come. After that, quiet corruption, so we can at least eat at night feeling better.
This is what happens with "movements" built upon a cult of personality rather than ideas.
This is not how we stop random Bernie v Hillary comments. You are just asking for more comments at this point.

Zolo

I really love how Mueller seems to be receiving support on all sides including Fox News. Sure. I expect attacks once the investigation starts charging people related to the Trump administration, but for now, Fox News seems to be giving the impression that this should be a good investigation led by a competent leader.

You Bernie stans are insufferable and embarrassing

Clefargle

It's called "toeing the line", it has nothing to do with pulling someone or something behind you. It means you line up like all the rest with your toes on the line.

Steel

Banned
Are we really gonna turn this thread into another fucking primary fight?

Yeah SURE it would've been lovely, in comparison if Bernie won. It would've been lovely if Hillary won. It would've been lovely, in comparison, if my freaking dog won. Hell, it would've been lovely, in comparison, if the CEO of fucking Goldman Sachs won instead of Trump.

Now, back in reality in 2017 we have wanna-be Tyrant Trump and some people just want to stir up shit about the fucking primaries.

I think the most curious thing for me at this point is watching what Ryan does next.

They basically put a metaphorical horse head in his bed. Pence didn't get a warning shot, and of course there was never any out for Trump. I wonder if Paulie Boy takes the hint, or puts his neck on the chopping block because he's just too deep to turn back now?

Veitsev

I think the most curious thing for me at this point is watching what Ryan does next.

They basically put a metaphorical horse head in his bed. Pence didn't get a warning shot, and of course there was never any out for Trump. I wonder if Paulie Boy takes the hint, or puts his neck on the chopping block because he's just too deep to turn back now?

Ryan is spineless. He won't do shit until its too late for him. He also has an impossible job and is probably fucked in some capacity no matter what he does.

Steel

Banned
Woke up to this news, Is this good or bad? ( to get rid of the orange one)

Good, as in if there's something there it'll be found one way or another in a non-partisan fashion.

Well, you could also see it as bad, as special prosecutors take a long long time to find anything(like, it wouldn't surprise me if this takes past 2018).

It can also be bad as in, Trump can fire his ass. That would also backfire, though.

saizo

Ryan is spineless. He won't do shit until its too late for him. He also has an impossible job and is probably fucked in some capacity no matter what he does.

Judging from the way Fox News handles its elected officials, this seems unlikely unless he is also indicted.

I just did a probe on facebook to see what my... less enlightened acquaintances have been looking at and it's roughly an echo of exactly what Fox has been broadcasting the past week.

Veitsev

Judging from the way Fox News handles its elected officials, this seems unlikely unless he is also indicted.

I just did a probe on facebook to see what my... less enlightened acquaintances have been looking at and it's roughly an echo of exactly what Fox has been broadcasting the past week.

I don't think he is indicted I just think at some point he will be forced to take some kind of position against Trump that will fuck him with some element of the base. He is also not in any way going to be able to get shit passed which will lead him to losing his speakership. He will then be damaged goods and it will tarnish any hope of a presidential run he may have.

The impression I get is that they're probably willing to turn a blind eye to him if he backs down completely.

I mean, look at these leaks. These are not just four or five completely unconnected leaks that randomly happen to fit together really well and just happened to all drop in basically perfectly staggered succession over the course of the week. They've chosen what the media gets a crack at before the investigation for a specific purpose: to establish their must be an investigation in the first place, to make sure Pence cannot reasonably distance himself from it, etc.

Look at what they had on the docket for Ryan. What's it saying?

First off, it's from a fair while back, which has an already strong implication ("this is just the tip of the iceberg"), and second they made sure it's an instance where he explicitly told those present not to leak the exchange ("oh we've got everything, baby, exactly the stuff you don't want us to have"), but it's an exchange he can technically slither away from without getting indicted for anything if it's the only exchange relating to Ryan that comes out.

I think the implication is pretty clear: we've got everything we need to throw your ass onto the fire, but in the interests of expediting this process and actually having a semi-functional government in the aftermath, we're willing to look the other way as long as you turn the fuck around and walk the fuck away, right now.

saizo

I don't think he is indicted I just think at some point he will be forced to take some kind of position against Trump that will fuck him with some element of the base. He is also not in any way going to be able to get shit passed which will lead him to losing his speakership. He will then be damaged goods and it will tarnish any hope of a presidential run he may have.

That may have potential, but I am skeptical.
My hopeful outlook for this situation is the turning of more reputable republicans on less reputable ones. The dissonance within the party is what is required to bring about some kind of a change with them.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm only saddened by the fact that at the present time Roger Stone seems to be far away from this mess and basically cut off from the administration. You know the sauciness would be surreal.

Donos

Breitbart implied with one of their headlines that it was Trump who appointed the special council, if I'm remembering correctly. They lie about five times a minute though, so it's hard to keep up.

This fucking "Fake news"/ "lying press" thing they build up before the election is really paying off big time. Real/correct news/info gets shouted off as "fake" while they feed Joe6P stupid lies. Other people drown in white noise of informations trying to digest and sort all of this.

What damn times we live in (since it's similar in other countries like here in Germany).

lolol

Mid may and people are still bringing up the primary.

The ride never ends!

Got emotional over a gif? This is why I pushed away from Sanders when it was clearly becoming a cult of personality

Tovarisc

Hold it. Roger Stone is now reporting for Infowards?

Either Alex Jones is making some serious cash or Stone is in dire straits.

Yep, he joined IW... month or so ago, I think. Done quite a few videos and general coverage for InfoWars.

I'm also trying to figure out why he would join Alex's clowcar ride.

Edit: He already was doing election coverage back in Nov 8, 2016 with Jones

Not really sure you know what you mean hear.

It's not that Bernie had some amazing charisma.

It was that he was the first politician in decades with a large stage to support ideals that many people would support, but never have had a real chance to combined with the human shits show that was this election on 40 different levels.

when can they remove all of the corrupt Trump administration from office before they do even more damage?

Out of curiosity: Can a US president pardon himself and others from crimes he or his staff is accused of?

lol, people would drag them into the streets and take care of them then and there

Top Bottom