• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

jelly

This week's @TIME cover:
DAGuYISVYAAynyR.jpg

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/865164340030316544

The muslims are taking over...

That's what his base will think. Looks like mosques to me!

Grym

I'm confused by something. The Justice Department chose Mueller, but they're headed by Trump cronies. Why would they choose a competent person to run the investigation?

They know Trump is gonna be an idiot and fire him anyway? Dunno just a guess

Zolo

I'm confused by something. The Justice Department chose Mueller, but they're headed by Trump cronies. Why would they choose a competent person to run the investigation?

This was the deputy attorney general's decision. He seems like the type who was picked because they wanted to seem more bipartisan and was praised by Dems as well I think before he got the position. Trump & co. also tried to throw him under the bus for Comey's firing.

Someone with a better memory or access to info on his hiring can provide a more accurate assessment.

Steejee

He probably screams at Autocorrect for contradicting him.

He probably adds all of his typos into the dictionary rather than using the correction offered.

Also, the man is like clockwork - WH puts out a statement in response to some new scandal element, early AM the Twitface in Chief tweets something that blows up that statement.

In this case the statement said they were pleased to have someone who could wrap up the investigation quickly, and now he's clearly complaining about it.

Rubenov

It was DAG Rosenstein that made the decision, and he seems like a competent guy himself.

If it had been up to Sessions, he would've likely not appointed anyone at all ever, or appoint a partisan hack. Sessions is a dick.

"Councel"

That's so embarrassing omg, you can tell it's not a typo he legitimately just can't spell. This alongside that story where his aides put his name in every paragraph to keep his attention, and use a lot of graphs/ pictures because he's a "visual" person. Damn.

Leader of the free world is functionally illiterate AND has an inflated sense of self. Yikes.

Tovarisc

I imagine this move by Rosenstein more or less established that he isn't yes-man and is pissed off that WH tried to throw him under the bus. He gave zero warning to DOJ, Congress and WH about this play.

All this time he had to brew up a shit-hot tweet while his handlers had his phone way up on the high shelf where he couldn't reach it, and the best he could come up with was, "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Sad!

SomTervo

"Fake news" and "alternative facts" are synonyms for "lie".

It would be great if everyone could start calling that out whenever it comes up. If you say either of those phrases you might as well say "lie".

Makes it as insulting as it really is.

orava

Guess he found his phone! And he can't help himself. People thought oh this is it, he will be restrained from tweeting, nope!

He is his own enemy!

Now i imagine him hiding out phones everywhere and every time they take one away, he just digs out another from a flower pot or something.

Rosenstein, the Deputy AG, was angry about Trump and Sessions trying to pin Comey's firing on him - he was threatening to resign earlier

aceface

Will someone go to Trump and explain how, when Abraham Lincoln was elected, half the states left the country because they were so pissed. Can someone explain that to him please?

Retro

SNL needs to do a bit about a day in the life of Trump's Phone Wrangler. Dragging him out of a Radioshack, taking his phone only to pan back to him using another one, searching all sorts of zany spots finding phone hoards, Trump burying phones like a squirrel...

Oh god. He's locked in the bathroom again.

There's another good one.

fanboi

Banned
During all this, is anything else happening in the US now, like making new laws, regulations etc or is everything more or less postponed until this is sorted?

Steel

Banned
During all this, is anything else happening in the US now, like making new laws, regulations etc or is everything more or less postponed until this is sorted?

The hill is silent. A lot of votes have been postponed, there's gonna be a whole senate hearing with Rosenstein today too.

Tovarisc

GOP is still pushing their health care bill and trying to talk tax cuts. That stuff just gets lost because of all this Russia noise.

Zolo

We should be getting the CBO on the healthcare bill soon. If talking about while the investigation is going on, it'd have to. The investigation's likely to take at least a year. Maybe two.

Top Bottom