• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Koomaster

I have to wonder after all this is long over, will history books in the future have to include his tweets and actually discuss them? Will his whole twitter eventually be archived for future historians?

His twitter is one of the funniest things about this mess. He can't help but tweet out nonsense and make himself look worse. And basically every tweet from his past can be brought back to make fun of and criticize him as president.

It's fascinating and I want to take a peek at the future book about it.

h5T92L3.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865173176854204416

here we go.

Who gave him back his phone?

UberTag

During all this, is anything else happening in the US now, like making new laws, regulations etc or is everything more or less postponed until this is sorted?
All of the meaningful legislation he tried to pass got overturned by judges. So...

tumblr_mupbpdKllB1sphl01o1_250.gif

fanboi

Banned
Thanks.

I mean it is a bit sad that you have the healthcare bill up and coming which will affect millions which will mostly be ignored or missed by the general masses thanks to all this noise...

The healthcare repeal and "reform" was already political poison even before associating with Trump was a one-way street to losing your re-election campaign. I've got to imagine that whole mess is going to quietly die in the corner.

Zolo

Thanks.

I mean it is a bit sad that you have the healthcare bill up and coming which will affect millions which will mostly be ignored or missed by the general masses thanks to all this noise...

It'll be put back in focus now that a special counsel's been put in place and once the CBO score is revealed.

spekkeh

Banned
In a witch hunt you're trying to determine whether someone is a witch. We're way past that Easy-D. This is the biggest pile-on of a politician in the history of the US.

X5DHBHf.gif

Steel

Banned
Thanks.

The healthcare bill will be changed and lobbed back to the house which will probably change it again... Etc. In either case, the Senate won't act on that till the CBO is out.

They'll probably do some slimy, desperate rebranding like Ivanka did with her clothes

Get ready to to see a giant "NOT" be affixed to the top of Trump Tower
But Trump's whole business is selling the Trump brand. He rarely builds stuff himself these days, he just licenses the Trump name to others. If the brand stops being desirable, his business would crumble.

EasyD in the house!

OmwiPBF.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865169927644340224

Edit: Ignore his typos, or don't
Conveniently ignoring Ken Starr's appointment as (what was then called) Independent Counsel for the Whitewater investigation of Bill and Hillary in the 90s, which eventually turned into the Lewinsky scandal and Bills impeachment.

commedieu

Banned
Thanks.

The American electorate is stupid. It's how we got here in the first place. Russia running our country is pretty significant though. And a lot of people have voiced their opinion that they don't want to die via the healthcare bill..many Republicans arent going to pass it if it puts them in a unelectable position.

People have room for both. It's not like someone worried about their preexisting condition coverage is now just concerned about putin.

I can't keep up with America, I don't check the news for a few hours, go to bed and when I get up THIS!

Its nice to see Trump is awake and his wranglers have lost control of him again! let the Tweets keep coming! I feel like right now in the DOJ there is a dedicated printer set up over an in tray labelled (Trump Testimony) just printing out his tweets as they happen!

I can't wait to see Sean Spicers spin on this!

Aurongel

Lol.

But others did illegal things too!
That headline might actually carry some weight to it if Democrats were the majority in the Senate. Then they'd be able to actually point a finger at "omg librul hipocrisy".

But they're in complete power now so they truly have no one to blame except themselves.

NSE6Nke.png

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/865171777114296321

Someone forgot to put DVD of cartoons on this morning and Trump got to watch FOX instead.

Just as expected. Dude is just as desperate for this to die today as the day he first said "Russians should hack the DNC" and people thought that was a fucking weird thing to say. I'm certain if he's publicly interrogated for this, he will sweat like a buckshot-struck bucket and whine, beg and complain to the point it all becomes gibberish.

Prediction: He'll have a script that he'll adhere to at there start, but will quickly, and horribly, deviate off course. Que shots and reports of WH media team freaking out.

This will be compounded if he takes questions (God I hope he takes questions)

Taking a shot for when he references that he won the election, another shot when he says it was the biggest win in the history of America.

Snwaters

I wonder if the WH Media team even had sufficient time to prepare for this. Or is it like the last press conference he did, in which he decided to do it on his own and sprang it on his staff.

Top Bottom