• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Lol, wtf he sounds like those psychotic exes.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special counsel appointed!

Too funny.

The world's most predictable man.

Ernest

Banned
Wow, 50 bonus Nerd Cred Points for Lynch/Dune reference. You're doing some good work.
How's this for nerd points - I saw that in the theater the weekend it came out! Sure, I was only 10 and it was a nearly empty theater, but man, did I love it!
Though I now fully understand how it's not "good", I still love it.

Lol, wtf he sounds like those psychotic exes.

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special counsel appointed!

Too funny.

That millions of Americans back this kind of shit tells me millions of Americans are babies in adult form.

Tovarisc

7DD9mcD.png

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/865248434441334784

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...af26&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

I'm sure Mueller will be happy to see the President calling his investigation a witch hunt to the world via twitter. I can't wait to see the poster sized tweets being presented during the hearings with this numb skull incriminating himself, over and over and over again.

Not happening. It's a R+25 district.

Probably won't win it, but it's worth investing in the district so that it EVENTUALLY can be won by democrats.

We democrats have to stop waiting for areas to become competitive and start actively doing what we can to make the competitive even if we don't get results immediately.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Probably won't win it, but it's worth investing in the district so that it EVENTUALLY can be won by democrats.

We democrats have to stop waiting for areas to become competitive and start actively doing what we can to make the competitive even if we don't get results immediately.
Agreed

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How's this for nerd points - I saw that in the theater the weekend it came out! Sure, I was only 10 and it was a nearly empty theater, but man, did I love it!

Same here but I was 14 and it's one of my favorite movies with no irony. I have every format from VHS to blu ray and even bought digital.

I have a signed copy of the DVD from when mrs stinkles interviewed him at his home for a mac magazine.

Tzmhero

Time for the Destiny 2 reveal... hopefully no new bombshells drop in the next hour.
I was in a coffee shop, running away from home when I heard the news. Destiny 2. Vanished into thin air! My dad must have been it's biggest fan. I knew how sad he’d be. Heck, we all were that day.
“Zanar,” I says to myself, “What are you thinking?” I went running straight back home. We sat up talking ’bout Destiny 2 all night. My dad and I never talked so much.
Whoa… Didn’t mean to reminisce, folks. Anyway… Ten years later, the Destiny 2 Memorial Cup tournament is today! It was all because of Destiny 2 and the bombshells it brought did we know the whole truth. Yeven bless the Destiny 2.

Condom

You'd hope the aftermath would extend beyond Trump, the whole Republican party must be fundamentally uprooted. Otherwise it's just same game different players.

Y'all do realize we're talking about Utah, right?

If Evan McMullin ran, he'd probably win.

While that is true. McMullin would not be running as a democrat. He would probably run as a conservative independent.

Y'all do realize we're talking about Utah, right?

So? Do you see the GOP giving up on running in states like MA, NJ, and Maryland?

Your attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy where you refuse to invest in making it competitive, which in turn greatly reduces the chances of it ever becoming competitive.

Shoeless

I will give you those points, you have me beat. I didn't get around to watching it until I was in my teens on VHS rental.

Oozer3993

Trump: "I wanna talk to Flynn. Let him know how tremendous he is."

Counsel: "Mr. President, you can't do that."

Trump: "Why? Is he busy? Or can he not talk anymore? Did something happen to his tongue?"

Counsel: "Mr. President, we've been over this before. Talking to General Flynn could be considered tampering."

Trump: "Tampering? I thought I only had to worry about that with Tylenol. Ivanka has to open my bottles for me, but she always lets me break that little seal."

Counsel: "Sir, this sort of thing helped sink Nixon."

Trump: "Wait, what happened to Cynthia Nixon? I loved her on Sex and the City, which was set in the greatest city in the world my city, New York City."

Counsel: "No sir, former President Nixon."

Trump: "Tremendous guy. Many people say he was one of the greatest presidents ever. He said many great things about me. I heard he was very impressed by my win."

Counsel: "... he died years ago, sir."

Trump: "Shut up, his phone is ringing."

Still a bigly step up form Chavetz. LIke 100x bigly

Yes but realize that at the end of the day McMullin would still vote mostly like his republican colleagues.

It's just that by being independent he can win elections by appealing slightly to democrats and moderates and won't have to worry about a republican primary.

RPGCrazied

Sooooo.... What if Muellers investigation proves Trump is innocent? Can we play devil's advocate for a moment

Somebody is guilty. Its probably Manafort, Flynn, Page or Stone. Trump is just stupid and got manipulated.

At this point I just want to see someone in cuffs, anyone will do, though I do hope somehow it brings Trump down and ends his presidency.

The Lamp

Sooooo.... What if Muellers investigation proves Trump is innocent? Can we play devil's advocate for a moment

If he covers all of the angles and provides a sound analysis I will respect the conclusion. Trump is an idiot, but he may not be a conspiring criminal.

I do think there's too much smoke to say nothing at all is going on, though. Maybe others are guilty of something treasonous.

Armaros

Some of his advisors and campaign peoples are going down, there is too much stuff on manafort, Flynn, etc.

Even if they don't get Trump, a conviction for some of his staff will cripple his agenda.

Somebody is guilty. Its probably Manafort, Flynn, Page or Stone. Trump is just stupid and got manipulated.

At this point I just want to see someone in cuffs, anyone will do, though I do hope somehow it brings Trump down and ends his presidency.
nah man, the guy has cozied up with the NY mafia, Russian mafia and money launderers

excusing him because he is "stupid" is reall underselling his currpted mind

Except we already know of evidence that Trump at the very least attempted to stop the investigation of Flynn.

Remember that Watergate got Nixon not because Nixon was directly implicated but because it was proven that Nixon tried to cover it up.

And if Mueller wasn't going to find anything, McConnell wouldn't have had that facial reaction to the news.

Sulik2

How can we expect districts and states to become competitive for Dems if we don't first start investing in competing there?

Yup. Right now is the time to try. You have an energized base that will support the party financially right now to try. The Democratic convention should be pouring money into every race right now until they see signs the base is going to stop giving them money. Orgs like Swing Left are taking in record amounts of donations too.

Top Bottom