• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Aside from trying to get out of dodge, what does his leaving do to the situation?

Gonna be tough to find a willing Republican replacement. With the eyes of the world looking ever closer at the inherent corruption going on from the GOP and Trump(even beyond Russia), who would really want the oversight job in this climate? It's practically a trap role where you either become a traitor to the party by doing the job properly, or a fall guy that destroys your reputation and credibility for obstructing obvious illicit shit.

jelly

He was probably watching Where Eagles Dare on Air Force One and got scared of cable cars. They throw Nazi's off them and you know....

liquidtmd

Banned
4c004d207868966ede71f17659c79667.jpg

Sooooo.... What if Muellers investigation proves Trump is innocent? Can we play devil's advocate for a moment

The investigation (assuming it concluded that way) would prove Trump associates are innocent. They're the ones under the microscope.

Alternatively, a big risk is what if the results of the investigation are sealed because Mueller doesn't think it needs to be public or feels he doesn't have enough evidence? That would be a big deal.

Mr. X

Who would've thought this is what Trump meant by draining the swamp. He's getting in there and exposing it all like Mr. Magoo.

In a way I'm really going to miss the constant one-upping of crazy news once this is all over. The highlight of my day is waking up and finding out what new twists happened overnight, especially because he just gets more and more fucked with every revelation.

Linkura

For any other politician, the whole cancelling the Masada trip because he can't use a helicopter would have been big enough news for a day or even a month. It barely registers with this dude.

They mentioned Gonzalez

GONZALES: Well, Senator, putting aside the issue, of course, sometimes people's recollections are different, I have no reason to doubt Mr. Battle's testimony [about the November meeting].

SESSIONS: Well, I guess I'm concerned about your recollection, really, because it's not that long ago. It was an important issue. And that's troubling to me, I've got to tell you.

Hey, it's Sessions telling someone how could they forget something important like how he forgot his meeting with Russia.

flkraven

For any other politician, the whole cancelling the Masada trip because he can't use a helicopter would have been big enough news for a day or even a month. It barely registers with this dude.

Remember when Obama's jeans were a story for like a week?

Oh thats fine. As long as focus is on the Russian investigation.

Pity (although good!) That Mueller will be working with his team on it under secrecy. Let the pressure grow. We will see a few tweets by Trump as he starts getting consumed by paranoia.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I caught up and it appears he cannot be fired by the president. hell yes.

He can be fired by the Justice Department.

and by extension the President, as Nixon did during the Saturday Night Massacre
Wikipedia said:
The Saturday Night Massacre refers to U.S. President Richard Nixon's orders to fire independent special prosecutor Archibald Cox, which led to the resignations of Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus on October 20, 1973, during the Watergate scandal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

Top Bottom