• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

"murder board"

tumblr_onozkvqWYv1v65qkpo4_500.gif

Just watched an I review where lindsey Graham was saying that if the new investigator now deems this a criminal investigation, congress will have less power and be more limited, things will be less open (I.e yates hearing) and "people (read:Flynn) will have a right not to honour subpoena due to their right not to incriminate themselves.

But if it becomes a criminal investigation then doesn't that allow the FBI and IC to issue more kinds of search warrants?

Like couldn't the FBI respond to refused subpoenas by just getting judges to green light warrants?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm totally down with the pee pee tape coming out but not sure if it does anything to move the needle forward for Trump being ousted. It'll be comedy gold but that's about it.

If the most ridiculous and insane part of the Steele dossier is proven true then the average American will just assume the rest is as well.

I'm totally down with the pee pee tape coming out but not sure if it does anything to move the needle forward for Trump being ousted. It'll be comedy gold but that's about it.

It's the most outlandish thing from the Steele dossier, so I think it would be a pretty massive bombshell if it was confirmed.

JP_

Banned
Just watched an I review where lindsey Graham was saying that if the new investigator now deems this a criminal investigation, congress will have less power and be more limited, things will be less open (I.e yates hearing) and "people (read:Flynn) will have a right not to honour subpoena due to their right not to incriminate themselves.

More info about this? Subpoena to testify against yourself I understand, but how can you refuse to turn over evidence? I thought they were asking for documents.

Linkura

I was just at the bank and the news ticker said that Trump claims he never told Comey to back off of Flynn. I burst out laughing in the middle of my transaction. Teller asked me if I was laughing at Trump (yupppp), and he said he was too.

Kusagari

If the most ridiculous and insane part of the Steele dossier is proven true then the average American will just assume the rest is as well.

Basically it's the Batman Jaden Smith part of the dossier. Once photographic evidence of that comes out, the rest has to be real.

Javier23

Banned
Yup. Where I'm from that actually already happened years ago, exact same thing as what's been described in Trump's case. People had their laugh but I think we're now over intruding in other people's private sex lives.

Two good things would come out of this though. Talking about private sex lives, I'd very much love to see conservatives having to argue that, maybe, just maybe, whatever's going on in someone's bedroom with a consenting third party is their own business? Wanna see them having to deal with what's been common sense for most people for a long time. And also, such a tape releasing would lend a lot of credence to the report that mentioned it. It'd be a start in investigating every other claim contained in there.

JeTmAn81

So...how does Trump manage stress? Does he just power through it or is there any actual stress management technique in use? This kind of stress can put you in the grave.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Basically it's the Batman Jaden Smith part of the dossier. Once photographic evidence of that comes out, the rest has to be real.

Pretty much. If the most unbelievable part of it is real, then what are the odds the rest isn't? That's pretty much how the average joe will start looking at it.

I'm still going through this Politico piece.

Yet, when Congress asked Mueller for his notes from that night, the FBI director promptly released a detailed but heavily redacted record of some 23 meetings about the subject, notes that included his observation that Ashcroft was “feeble, barely articulate and clearly stressed” during the hospital visit. It’s another example of how deeply ingrained the note-taking culture is inside the FBI and the Justice Department, a fact that is helping to drive Trump’s deepening crisis as it becomes apparent that Comey has detailed accounts of his own meetings and conversations with Trump this year.

whoopsie

Zolo

The Piss Tape leaking will be the greatest day in human history.

Everything was leading up to that sole moment where we watched Trump get drenched in yellow liquid from Russian prostitutes.

You'll be disappointed. The tape as reported in the dossier has Trump pay prostitutes to pee on each other while he watches.

PopeReal

Who would have thought that the director of the FBI would keep notes from his meetings with the president. Trump and team are like "whaaaaaaaa???!!!"

Besides loyalty I'm sure Flynn can expose a lot of Trump's dirt. So Trump has to kiss his butt and hope he won't snitch.

Flynn I'm sure is trying to get a deal knowing what he knows.

If it's been denied so far then I guess he doesn't have anything they don't already know. And given Flynn's past position he should know a lot.

Deku Tree

Well there has been a bombshell news story bad for Trump and the Rs every day sometime between 5-6pm every day this week. Wonder if there will be another one today?

Harmen

I honestly doubts the piss tapes are real, but I sure hope they are and it would be hilarious if they are leaked to the public.

Chococat

It's almost 5. Should I shower now, or wait for the news bomb to drop?

I took a 2 hour nap yesterday due to flu and came back to 23 pages on GAF.

Top Bottom