• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Guess they really weren't kidding a few weeks ago:
Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag will call off the Moscow ePrix if the Russian city does not confirm the necessary road closures this week.

The championship has written permission from Russian president Vladimir Putin and the security services of the Kremlin, which the circuit is adjacent to.

But the city authority is yet to confirm it will close the roads needed for the circuit.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123977/formula-e-moscow-round-in-jeopardy

Odd circumstances.

Business

He admited that he lifted but I don't think he did that on prupose.

Schumi was arrogant to be that close, he had no reason to do that, him blaming Coulthard for a situation he brought himself in shows his true selfish nature.

Well... of course he didn't do it on purpose but it was utterly stupid anyway. Schumacher was lapping Coulthard and he lifted in the straight, under heavy rain and staying in the racing line.

About the second sentence of your post I don't even know where to start.

hadareud

The Translator
Don't care. It was a racing incident, both were equally to blame imo.

Coulthard lifting off in the situation was the wrong thing to do, but the guy behind still has the responsibility to take care. What if the engine of the guy in front of you blows up or something else on his car goes wrong? Try and explain to the police or your insurance that an accident wasn't your fault because the car in front of you unexpectedly reduced their speed and it was raining.

hadareud

The Translator
Obviously it isn't the same thing. But if you drive into the back of someone who you're lapping and who is trying to let you through (no matter how clumsily) you have to take at least part of the blame.

And also, fuck Schumacher.

Don't care. It was a racing incident, both were equally to blame imo.

Coulthard lifting off in the situation was the wrong thing to do, but the guy behind still has the responsibility to take care. What if the engine of the guy in front of you blows up or something else on his car goes wrong? Try and explain to the police or your insurance that an accident wasn't your fault because the car in front of you unexpectedly reduced their speed and it was raining.

Why are you arguing? lol

"Michael's reaction was that I'd brake-tested him," he told reporters at Magny Cours this weekend. "The reality is, I lifted off to let him past me but I did it in heavy spray on the racing line. You should never do that. But in '98 I didn't have the experience and knowledge. I shouldn't have lifted on the racing line in the wet.

If you just clicked the link above..

I know it's silly but found a mistake on F1.com

Screen_Shot_2016_05_09_at_2_45_59_PM.png

Also

Screen_Shot_2016_05_09_at_2_47_17_PM.png

Massa

Now he just needs to crash into Vettel at the start of the race and we'll have the most entertaining Barcelona GP in years.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I still want to see Kvyat, Verstappen and Vettel at the driver's conference...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I'm sure this will happen, I'm also sure everyone will be adequately awkward and politically correct. It'll be great.

"What's done is done. I am not looking back. I am focusing on this weekend and will work hard to get the best result for the team."

So predictable, so boring.

Aiii

So not worth it
Max did some media rounds yesterday in NL. It's insane how calm he is at 18 and about to drive for a top team, this guy just seems to feel no pressure at all, it's like he's going to take a stroll in the park instead of driving for a new F1 team.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Max did some media rounds yesterday in NL. It's insane how calm he is at 18 and about to drive for a top team, this guy just seems to feel no pressure at all, it's like he's going to take a stroll in the park instead of driving for a new F1 team.

Are anxiety drugs like xanax/alprazolam allowed in sports?

Staab

Was kinda out of the loop the past couple of days so it's news to me, but...
wow... driver swap between teams, Kvyat getting demoted.
I can't even imagine how tough that must be on him, guy is probably gone at the end of the season !

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There are infos that RB Ring in Austria will be extended next year to layout, similar to the old racetrack - reason is that they want to host endurance races, for which current track is a bit too short

Mohonky

Ricciardo is going to have to be careful of this Verstappen move, it has Vettel / Webber written all over it.

Verstappen is Redbulls new favourite child following Vettels exit and Verstappen is well aware of it. He will ignore team orders, scream like a child when he isn't being favoured and the entire time the team does nothing about it but shuffle everyone around to make sure their favourite little darling isn't upset.

Vettel routinely ignored team orders, screamed into the radio and acted like a spoilt brat and Redbull let it happen.

Verstappen does exactly the same thing to Sainz and now Marko is saying the swap is about keeping everything running smoothly......so they give the egomaniac who ignores team orders, screams into the radio and acts like an entitled little prick a promotion. Sounds familiar.

Ricciardo HAS to show up Verstappen this year or he will be Webbered. He'll be running round in a Verstappen preferred chasis with a team mate that will whinge and bitch if he isn't given way but who will laugh off any orders that benefit the team and do his own thing knowing he has full impunity.

As for Kyvatt, it's over, look for another team or get ready to join Formula E at best, he is definitely done at Redbull.

Ricciardo is going to have to be careful of this Verstappen move, it has Vettel / Webber written all over it.

Verstappen is Redbulls new favourite child following Vettels exit and Verstappen is well aware of it. He will ignore team orders, scream like a child when he isn't being favoured and the entire time the team does nothing about it but shuffle everyone around to make sure their favourite little darling isn't upset.

Vettel routinely ignored team orders, screamed into the radio and acted like a spoilt brat and Redbull let it happen.

Verstappen does exactly the same thing to Sainz and now Marko is saying the swap is about keeping everything running smoothly......so they give the egomaniac who ignores team orders, screams into the radio and acts like an entitled little prick a promotion. Sounds familiar.

Ricciardo HAS to show up Verstappen this year or he will be Webbered. He'll be running round in a Verstappen preferred chasis with a team mate that will whinge and bitch if he isn't given way but who will laugh off any orders that benefit the team and do his own thing knowing he has full impunity.

As for Kyvatt, it's over, look for another team or get ready to join Formula E at best, he is definitely done at Redbull.

He has to leave at the end of the season, if he has any self respect he won't stay. I want Williams to kick Massa to the kerb and grab Kyvatt.

yami4ct

He has to leave at the end of the season, if he has any self respect he won't stay. I want Williams to kick Massa to the kerb and grab Kyvatt.

It's probably time for Massa to retire. As much as I like him, it's definitely the end here. I feel like we can do better than Kvatt, though. Kid has had some impressive finishes, but he's wildly inconsistent and it's really hard to tell how much is him being skilled, but young and making mistakes and how much is good luck.

It's probably time for Massa to retire. As much as I like him, it's definitely the end here. I feel like we can do better than Kvatt, though. Kid has had some impressive finishes, but he's wildly inconsistent and it's really hard to tell how much is him being skilled, but young and making mistakes and how much is good luck.

Yeah I like Felipe but he just doesn't have it anymore, he is so conservative in his driving these days, hasn't been the same since the accident really. Who would be your pick if not Kvyat? There is a big shuffle coming with lots of people being out of contract.

Zaru

There are infos that RB Ring in Austria will be extended next year to layout, similar to the old racetrack - reason is that they want to host endurance races, for which current track is a bit too short

I wonder if there will be any changes to the layout used in the F1 races. I plan on going there next year if the new rules don't ruin the races.

The RB Ring has the shortest lap time of any current track, right? Even shorter than Interlagos.
But thanks to the vertical layout and the short lap time, it might actually be better for the people visiting the track since they see the cars more.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wonder if there will be any changes to the layout used in the F1 races. I plan on going there next year if the new rules don't ruin the races.

The RB Ring has the shortest lap time of any current track, right? Even shorter than Interlagos.
But thanks to the vertical layout and the short lap time, it might actually be better for the people visiting the track since they see the cars more.

Well, it is not certain if extension will be build this or next year, but I suspect that F1 would use new layout. They are also hosting MotoGP this year in August

Interlagos and RB Ring are nearly identical in length, first one is even few meters shorter ( 4.309 m vs 4.326 m). New layout would add at least 1500 meters or more to the current circuit.

Check out proposed 2005 idea on Wiki, how it would look, but some rumors are indicating possibility of track going straight in corner 1, instead of going right uphill. I cannot find any concrete infos on new layout though.

tomtom94

Good. Say what you will about the Red Bull Ring but it's hardly a particularly exhilarating race track.

All that needs to happen is for Max to crash into Vettel and I will happily never watch formula 1 again knowing nothing as good will ever happen ever again in my lifetime.

Business

Verstappen has been annoying on the radio and probably unfair at times, but the truth is he seems to have more speed than Sainz, and that's what matters.

More than careful about any antics Ricciardo has to assert his number one status with results. He really must show he is faster or move to another team at the end of the season while he is still highly prized. It will sure be interesting to watch.

Reminds me what a monster he was in the rain in the post driver-aid era.

Barcelona 1996 comes to mind, he really was a beast in the rain.

hamchan

I would love for Ricciardo to move to Ferrari but I could see Red Bull being real dickish about it because he still has a contract with them.

The problem is I can see them both preventing Ricciardo from moving team and at the same time relegate him to being the no 2 driver to Wonder Boy Verstappen, mainly because Red Bull/Marko are real ice cold like that.

Aiii

So not worth it
I would love for Ricciardo to move to Ferrari but I could see Red Bull being real dickish about it because he still has a contract with them.

The problem is I can see them both preventing Ricciardo from moving team and at the same time relegate him to being the no 2 driver to Wonder Boy Verstappen, mainly because Red Bull/Marko are real ice cold like that.

There's nothing dickish about keeping someone to a contract you both signed. Come on now.

Also, Ricciardo is a fine driver and just because Webber was a B-driver, doesn't mean other drivers have to be. Ricciardo did fine against Vettel, he'll be just fine against Verstappen, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom