• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuckthew

He pretty much made the race one of the most interesting ones in years. So, good work HAM! Not that Rosberg is blameless either, but teammates taking each other out at P1 and P2? Haven't seen a move like that since Senna/Prost.

Vettel took himself and Webber out in Turkey 2010. Which, ironically, Hamilton went onto win.

NuMiQ

Neo Member
Grown men crying in the Dutch tv studio. I dont think I've ever watched a race that excited me this much. Congrats Max, truly incredible.

hamchan

Sad Ricciardo talking about the 3 stop strategy. Definitely threw the win away from a winning position.

Sad Danny with no smiling is a sad time for all.

nny

Danny not happy:

The first driver should have the best strategy

Unlike 99% of the drivers I was trying to overtake

Seb said I was a bit aggresive on the radio...typical.

dakun

Danny not happy:

The first driver should have the best strategy

i don't think they gave him the strategy thinking it was the worst of the two choices they had. They probably didn't think that new mediums and old mediums aren't much different in pace and underestimated the overtaking problems.

hamchan

i don't think they gave him the strategy thinking it was the worst of the two choices they had. They probably didn't think that new mediums and old mediums aren't much different in pace and underestimated the overtaking problems.

I agree, I also think it wasn't anything malicious. It was just the wrong call by the team and Ricciardo had the bad luck of it. If they didn't mess up I think Red Bull could have taken a 1-2 tbh.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
now that i think about it, Ferrari really fucked up on strategy. What a waste!!!

That's something that you never have to think about. You can take strategy fuck-ups at Ferrari as a given.

nny

On Sky showing that Nico's car went into harvesting mode. Maybe he made a mistake selecting mode before the start?

dakun

nice analysis of the start by Davidson on Sky. Basically explains that Rosberg was in the wrong mode through the corner which caused him to be slower through it. Rosberg switched his mode mid-corner and then went defensive. Hamilton being on the right mode was much faster.

dubc35

You know what's typical? Ferrari once again covering the wrong driver.
I called it.

While it wasn't deciding the WDC again, we already had this.

Can't wait for Vettel slowly turning into bitter Alonso.

Ferrari is the place to go if you want to be 2nd, has been for 7(?) years now?

jey_16

Banned
I called it.

German Jesus will return us to the promise land....hope Marchionne doesn't clean house, have to give Arivabene more time

Mastah

50-50, racing incident, hopefully no one will be penalised for that. Both drivers were too aggressive and paid a price for it. That's racing, let's move on without silly grid penalties for Monaco of all places.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Meanwhile, in F3:

CigCRsAW0AQbbCn.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvsCYfLykuo

hamchan

I called it.

Ferrari is where former WDCs go to get paid and not win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom