• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great start by Nico

Lewis too defensive

oh shit

LOOOOOOOL

YEESSSS FINALLY

Holy shit

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMFG

MAD MAX

MERCEDES OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTT

Oh fuck lol

GOOD LORD

I knew hamilton would fuck up. I just didn't expect him to take out ROS

We have a new winner!

This race just got REALLY interesting

HOLY FUCKING SHITTT

WTF Hamilton.

Hahahahahaha!

HOLY SHIT. WOW.

lmaoooooo

Hamilton...
Wow lmao.

Holy shit......... oh man. This just got way more fun.

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT

hahahahah amazing!! yes!!

Holy fuck, drama

Hahaha, idiots

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

And what the heck just happen?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hamilton should have backed out. His mistake.

Verstappen to win.

HOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIT! WHAT A START!!!!!!

This will be the best race in a long time!

AhAHAHAHAHAH

Holy shit!!!!

Hahahahaa

They... Pfft. Bwahaha!

Well done Mercedes! That's how you add excitement to the race, this race might be very interesting now.

Wow! This will be interesting.

RACE OF THE YEAR WITH THAT CRASH

Anyways good chance for Red Bulls to get podiums

Max with podium in his first race with new team?

Danny with first podium this season?

Merc guy said shit. LOL!

Lmao that steering wheel throw

Amazing. Shame Ferrari have no fucking grip because they set the car up like a fucking micro machine. Looks like red bull are gonna win then

So many happy people.. Add one to them..

awesome stuff.. Just need to figure out how to watch a replay now

Aiii

So not worth it
CigOnCkUgAE2XMI.jpg

CigPVxPU4AAz6xn.jpg

"And then I told Hamilton, it can also be used to mow the grass"

hamchan

So, is Ricciardo the new Webber?

Not yet. One race is too soon to bring out the tinfoil hat and I sincerely believe it was a mistake. But if he keeps getting shafted on strategy over and over this season..... then he should definitely leave Red Bull for greener pastures.

Hasney

Danny said off camera to Leigh that he wants answers about the switch in strategy. It's fair enough when you go from winning to 4th based on strategy alone, but I can understand the position both Red Bull and Ferrari were in. The 2 and 3 stops were so close as we saw by the end that they had to split them somehow. One more lap behind the safety car and the 2 stop would have been obvious I think.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not yet. One race is too soon to bring out the tinfoil hat and I sincerely believe it was a mistake. But if he keeps getting shafted on strategy over and over this season..... then he should definitely leave Red Bull for greener pastures.

I don't think he was shafted on stategy. By all means those tires of Max and Kimi should have died after 25 laps. Technically he had the preferable strategy at that time.

Zaru

I don't think he was shafted on stategy. By all means those tires of Max and Kimi should have died after 25 laps. Technically he had the preferable strategy at that time.

This, it's the same thing that happened with Ferrari.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Jumped up little shit's going to be even more insufferable now, isn't he?

Oh well. Even Maldonado won at Barcelona, great company indeed :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
@adamcooperF1
VET says he was hoping that Verstappen would pick up a caravan with yellow number plates at his pit stop...

lol. Nice dig at Dutch tourists going to Germany. On the other hand we joke that Germans go to the Dutch beaches and dig trenches there (someone actually died once after his trench collapsed in on him).

hamchan

Well obviously he was shafted, since he lost from a winning position with the wrong strategy.

But like I said before it was just bad luck that the team made the wrong decision and not anything malicious, since like you said it looked like a decent strategy at the time.

John_B

You can tell Verstappen got the inferior strategy because Raikkonen got served the exact same strategy by Ferrari.

I still think they should have covered Vettel went he went for mediums.

Zeknurn

He was leading the race and he got a strategy that caused him to lose the race. In what world is that not "shafted"?

Vettel and Ricciardo both got the strategy with faster tyres for overtaking which made sense for Vettel but it didn't make any sense for Ricciardo as he had the position advantage already. All it did was force him to make an additional stop on a track that is notoriously hard to overtake on.

Something ain't right.

Aiii

So not worth it
He was leading the race and he got a strategy that caused him to lose the race. In what world is that not "shafted"?

Because both teams obviously believed it to be the superior strategy. It just didn't work out.

He was neither ripped off, or cheated, which is the very definition of shafted. He was just unlucky, as was Vettel.

Mastah

Also the qually result between Max and Ricciardo was to be expected, though it did feel like a few people here got carried away with the Max hype. When he was going faster than Ricciardo in those few sessions people were already calling Max "the new Senna", that he was "destroying" Ricciardo, "RIP Ricciardo".

New Senna? New Senna.

I bet all other Red Bull drivers are pretty pissed after this race and seeing Wonderboy winning it, lol. German Jesus, Danny Ric, Sainz and Kvyat, for different reasons, but all must be unhappy, to say the least.

Also, what I wrote before this weekend: Red Bull brand is all about breaking records and this victory has to be golden opportunity for them to use.

Zeknurn

Because both teams obviously believed it to be the superior strategy. It just didn't work out.

He was neither ripped off, or cheated, which is the very definition of shafted. He was just unlucky, as was Vettel.

How do we know that both teams believed it was the superior strategy? It didn't work for either of the teams.

Also, what I wrote before this weekend: Red Bull brand is all about breaking records and this victory has to be golden opportunity for them to use.

This is a very good point.

nekkid

Heads will roll at Ferrari, I'm sure. Yet another open goal missed.

John_B

That's on Ham imo. Ros is moving to the right well before Hamilton tries to overtake there.
Notice how even before the clip starts Hamilton is turning right. You can see more than a second later that Rosberg just follows quickly right to block him.

Rosberg must also have known that he messed up a setting on the wheel, so why does he go for a complete block of a much quicker car?

Zeknurn

As was pointed out above, both teams gave it to their #1 drivers.

I'm sorry, but no, teams do not hand out strategies to their drivers based on "status" in teams. If you think that's the case then Verstappen will have received the best strategy in this race.

I just hope Ricciardo gets a satisfactory answer, because as Lee said, he also thought something was wrong.

Mastah

The Buxton Blog ‏@thebuxtonblog 2m2 minutes ago

Lewis in pen. Says stewards have decided racing incident. Confirms Rosberg was in wrong engine mode and he was closing 17kph faster.

Good. Roll on Monaco.

Notice how even before the clip starts Hamilton is turning right. You can see more than a second later that Rosberg just follows quickly right to block him.

Rosberg must also have known that he messed up a setting on the wheel, so why does he go for a complete block of a much quicker car?

Why wouldn't he? It's his right as the leader to change his lane once.

How do we know that both teams believed it was the superior strategy? It didn't work for either of the teams.
Because it was the premium strategy according to Pirelli, of course captain hindsight would beg to differ now but that's easy .
Both nr. one drivers got the same strategy .

#blessed playing it cool, not blaming anyone and apologizing to the team. Says he was much faster due to the engine setting and will try to avoid contact in the future.

nekkid

Yeah, I'm sure the other teams could use a few more talented people irrationally kicked out by Ferrari.

Talented? I'm talking about the likes of Arrivabene, not Allison. He'll be back rolling cigarettes at the end of the year.

Aiii

So not worth it
You reckon? It seemed like a subtle way of saying "I'm not blaming Nico, but he wasn't paying attention".

There's something to be said for that, to be fair. It was a racing incident, they both fucked up, Lewis should have backed off, Nico could have let him a bit of room. It is what it is.

nekkid

There's something to be said for that, to be fair. It was a racing incident, they both fucked up, Lewis should have backed off, Nico could have let him a bit of room. It is what it is.

Oh definitely. Shit for the championship, though, so I'm disappointed.

tomtom94

Oh shit and it sounded like a good race. Does C4 not have the rights to show live races on catchup?
I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't, but I tried to watch China on 4OD and it wasn't up that evening (maybe it's time-delayed like Match of the Day or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom