• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
yeah they are terrible.. trying to put words into his mouth.
You can hear the interviewer get agitated at the fact that Rosberg doesn't take the blame.

It sounded more like she was trying to get him to verbally apportion the blame.

nekkid

yeah but she also wanted to push the narrative that he was distracted thus being responsible for Lewis ending up in the grass.

Yeah.

I mean, that was plain enough for people to see anyway. Didn't need to bait him into saying as much.

Razgreez

I'm baffled how it's being said and accepted that Ricciardo didn't get a suboptimal strategy when it's a fact that you need a large advantage (about 1.5sec a lap) to overtake at Barcelona, the redbull is down on power and track position is thus everything. It's like pitting from the lead at Monaco. It just isn't done

I'm sure they fixed the win for Max , giving both nr. one drivers Vettel and including their own Ricciardo a bad strategy , paid off Pirelli to push that strategy and Mercedes for crashing both cars .
I want a full investigation !

nekkid

i think Rosberg refuted that claim though. He said he was well aware of what was going on and wasn't distracted.

I'm just kidding. Was trying to bait the easily wound up ;-)

Definitely a racing incident. If it hadn't been the championship leader or Lewis Hamilton involved it would have been a non-event.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm baffled how it's being said and accepted that Ricciardo didn't get a suboptimal strategy when it's a fact that you need a large advantage (about 1.5sec a lap) to overtake at Barcelona, the redbull is down on power and track position is thus everything. It's like pitting from the lead at Monaco. It just isn't done

So the logical conclusion is that they figured that the tires were not going to last or that they would fall of a cliff leading a 1.5s+ difference at the end.

Captain hindsight analysis is all good and well, they split the strategies for a reason, it could have gone both ways and both RBR and FER figured that the 3-stop strategy was the better one and gave it to their #1 on-track drivers.

f0rk

So the logical conclusion is that they figured that the tires were not going to last or that they would fall of a cliff leading a 1.5s+ difference at the end.

Captain hindsight analysis is all good and well, they split the strategies for a reason, it could have gone both ways and both RBR and FER figured that the 3-stop strategy was the better one and gave it to their #1 on-track drivers.
Ferrari did do a better job of bailing out of it when it wasn't going to work though

Unconfirmed Member
It's very hard to deny Verstappen's talent, regardless of strategy he did exceptionally well to keep pace with the Ferrari's and Ricciardo in an unfamiliar car.

Ricciardo should start to cast his eye on Kimi's seat at Ferrari, Red Bull tend to have a favoured driver in the team and with Max around it isn't going to be him.

Aiii

So not worth it
I dont' see why anyone would want to drive for a team that's pretty much a #2 team for most of its years. Ferarri has the name, it's not often has the wins to back it up.

13198408_1073490236030798_1482904301108532639_o.jpg

Now there's the joy of a team that hasn't won since 2014.

Nyx

I dont' see why anyone would want to drive for a team that's pretty much a #2 team for most of its years. Ferarri has the name, it's not often has the wins to back it up.

Now there's the joy of a team that hasn't won since 2014.

Even Dan's smile looks genuine.

spuckthew

Noticed that as well. I hope both drivers can push each other to great achievements like they did today.

Rosberg mentioned in his pen interview with Sky that the FIA settled on it being a mere racing incident.

Has anything more emerged or is it done and dusted (from the FIA's point of view anyway)?

Mastah

Rosberg mentioned in his pen interview with Sky that the FIA settled on it being a mere racing incident.

Has anything more emerged or is it done and dusted (from the FIA's point of view anyway)?

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 28m28 minutes ago

stewards verdict says ROS had the right to the move and HAM'S overtake attempt was reasonable, so neither wholly or predominantly at fault

And this is precisely as I see it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

@adamcooperF1
FIA stewards view on HAM/ROS: "The convergence of events led neither driver to be wholly or predominantly at fault," thus no action

And other news:
@adamcooperF1
Meanwhile @carlosainz has a repreimand for going through the pit exit red light when the cars were heading to the grid

@adamcooperF1
´@HulkHulkenberg´s retirement was caused by an oil cooler failure, same as PER on Friday. A team issue and nothing to do with Mercedes

Mastah

“The incident concerned started when car 6 [Rosberg] dropped into an incorrect power mode, as set by the driver prior to the start. This created a significant power differential between car 6 and car 44 at the exit of turn three coming onto the straight, resulting in as much as a 17kph speed difference between the two cars on the straight.”

“Car 6 moved to the right to defend his position, as is his right under [Article] 27.7 of the Sporting regulations. Simultaneously car 44 as the significantly faster car with, at that time, apparent space on the inside, moved to make the pass. [Article] 27.7 requires the leading driver to leave room, if there is a “significant portion” of the car attempting to pass alongside.”

“Car 44 had a portion of his front wing inside car 6 small fractions of a second prior to car 44 having to leave the right side of the track to avoid an initial collision, which may have led him to believe he had the right to space on the right. Once on the grass on the side of the track car 44 was no longer in control of the situation.”

“Having heard extensively from both drivers and from the team, the stewards determined that car 6 had the right to make the manoeuvre that he did and that car 44’s attempt to overtake was reasonable, and that the convergence of events led neither driver to be wholly or predominantly at fault, and therefore take no further action.”

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/05/15/hamilton-rosberg-stewards/

Mastah

Albert Fabrega ES ‏@AlbertFabrega 8m8 minutes ago

El problema del McLaren d Alonso ha sido debido a un problema operativo del software que ha parado el motor. No hay rotura.

It was software problem which caused loss of power in Fred's engine. No damage.

Fox Mulder

Wow, I'm working today and espn radio spoiled the race for me and they never cover f1. Great for max though, must be an amazing feeling and justification.

Razgreez

The logical conclusion is you never take a risky strategy with your lead driver. The lead driver on track takes the optimal and the one following takes the risk. No hindsight required

There's an apt legal maxim that applies here 'doubt does not over-rule certainty'

dEvAnGeL

so....it was deemed a racing incident? FFS i was hoping crymilton got another penalty to push him back at monaco, i dont like rosberg either but if its gonna be a merc that wins might as well be rosberg

Zaru

so....it was deemed a racing incident? FFS i was hoping crymilton got another penalty to push him back at monaco, i dont like rosberg either but if its gonna be a merc that wins might as well be rosberg

Inb4 that crash damaged one of the engine parts

Marlenus

Why would Hamilton get a penalty when Rosberg broke regulation 27.7? This clearly states that when defending on a straight you can move across the whole track as your one and only move as long as the car behind does not have a significant portion of their car alongside yours. It then goes on to clarify that significant portion is where the front wing of the attacker is overlapping with the rear wheels of the defender.

That being said, because of how quickly everything happened and the fact Hamilton and Rosberg both dived for the inside line at almost the exact same moment I can easily see it as a racing incident even though Rosberg was too slow in getting his car to the inside of the track to defend it without pushing Hamilton off track.

Aiii

So not worth it
The logical conclusion is you never take a risky strategy with your lead driver. The lead driver on track takes the optimal and the one following takes the risk. No hindsight required

There's an apt legal maxim that applies here 'doubt does not over-rule certainty'

The risky strategy was the two-stop, which is why Max and Kimi were on it and not the lead drivers. Sometimes, the risky strategy pays off.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Must be nice for Ocon to be able to test both the Mercedes and the Renault. I can see a bright future for him. Lynn, Gasly, Jordan King, and Celis not so much.

Why would Hamilton get a penalty when Rosberg broke regulation 27.7? This clearly states that when defending on a straight you can move across the whole track as your one and only move as long as the car behind does not have a significant portion of their car alongside yours. It then goes on to clarify that significant portion is where the front wing of the attacker is overlapping with the rear wheels of the defender.

That being said, because of how quickly everything happened and the fact Hamilton and Rosberg both dived for the inside line at almost the exact same moment I can easily see it as a racing incident even though Rosberg was too slow in getting his car to the inside of the track to defend it without pushing Hamilton off track.

Rosberg did not break regulation 27.7, see the verdict of the stewards just a couple of posts above yours.

After rooting for Kimi since 2001.. I think I've finally found someone to root for after he decides to leave..

VES is awesome.. and I love his character..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom