• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

I just realized something... What are they gonna do if Max gets on the podium in Austin while still under 21?

Nothing:

podium_motogp_austin_2013_01.jpg

podium_motogp_austin_2013_08.jpg

Marc Marquez was 20 back then.

SilentRob

The Berlin Formula E track is coming along nicely by the way (still looks boring as hell though, to be honest. I also can't get to Alexanderplatz easily that weekend because the bus lanes go exactly that way AND the metro is out, so fuck that, too)

b5ZTUyT.jpg

6HRV6Ss.jpg

John_B

Ross Brawn and Nick Fry - 75 min. long interview about Brawn GP
https://youtu.be/ReVb5P0mdds

I know this video was floated in a previous thread, but I just got around to watching it. If you have any interest in F1 this is absolutely something you must watch.

Even though he received a ton of credit, I still think it was a bit sad that Brawn did not stay for the 2014 championship. Is he going to do a book at some point? It would be quite a read considering how candid he was in this interview.

Mohonky

Boy I sure hope Ricciardo is finding a way to join another top team. He doesn't deserve to get Webbered. Also I would love to finally not support RBR when they have no more Australians.

He is already Webbered, guaranteed. Its just a formality. Said it before the Spanish GP, he is going to have to be really careful as Redbull are grooming Verstappen as their next Vettel.

One race and Verstappen has his first GP win. A combination of the two fastest cars taking one another out and a mixed call on strategy but I guarantee RBR will be looking to throw everything behind him, he's their next glory boy.

Source?
other from your ass

Hasegawa:

"So if we didn’t have the tokens and we were just adding more parts we could achieve that level I think. But currently to achieve this level we need more than 40 or 50 tokens. So that’s why we have to wait and have to choose which upgrade will be very effective to close the gap.”

Asked if the upgrades which are ready would already have been introduced if there was no token system in place, Hasegawa replied: “Definitely, yes.”

Arai and the rule makers fucked Honda good and proper, in Hasegawa's 2017 token free beast I trust.

f0rk

I went to the race and was sat next to an Australian dude. He said Ricciardo is screwed because they don't sell enough Red Bull in Australia. 100% confirmed

Aiii

So not worth it
I went to the race and was sat next to an Australian dude. He said Ricciardo is screwed because they don't sell enough Red Bull in Australia. 100% confirmed

Max Verstappen does open up that massive Dutch market. All 17 million of us are hopped up on Bull since Sunday, I'll have you know.

f0rk

Max Verstappen does open up that massive Dutch market. All 17 million of us are hopped up on Bull since Sunday, I'll have you know.

But how many 18 year old boy racers are there in the world? Doubt the Aussies can compete with that.

Aiii

So not worth it
But how many 18 year old boy racers are there in the world? Doubt the Aussies can compete with that.

I've seen plenty of Australian dashcams that pretty much confirm there's no such thing as a regular sensible driver Down Under.

John_B

Ricciardo seems like he could do a championship run without too many mistakes and meltdowns. I'm not confident that Verstappen is quite ready for that yet.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Aren't the wings supposed to bend under higher speeds?

I Don't really understand too much about this stuff personally ...

There's a limited tolerance for bending as it can give aerodynamic advantage. Really it should not be visible in a small gif like that. I think the tolerance is 10mm of movement.

DD

ABT signed Lucas di Grassi for one more year and Renault retained Prost and Buemi for the next Formula E season.

Zeknurn

ABT signed Lucas di Grassi for one more year and Renault retained Prost and Buemi for the next Formula E season.

Nothing too surprising. I would like to see a better driver alongside Buemi but that won't happen as long as Alain is attached to the team.

Doikor

There's a limited tolerance for bending as it can give aerodynamic advantage. Really it should not be visible in a small gif like that. I think the tolerance is 10mm of movement.

But the limitation is in FIAs test (so it should bend X amount when given Y force by some test machine FIA uses). It doesn't matter how much it bends in actual race conditions.

AndyD

aka andydumi
But the limitation is in FIAs test (so it should bend X amount when given Y force by some test machine FIA uses). It doesn't matter how much it bends in actual race conditions.

Correct. They can't quit test during a race, so they put in certain pre-tests and allow for some amount of tolerance for manufacturing processes.

Someone speculated that it's not the top plane that flexes down, nor the side supports, but the mounts/underside that supports the whole thing, down by the chassis.

John_B

Red Bull also passed every revised front wing test thrown at them, but in the end - after getting ratted out - FIA decided to investigate and the wing was deemed illegal for having springs in it.

Aiii

So not worth it
There is a pretty in-depth one-on-one interview with Max on Dutch TV right now, where he explains on all the things he had to do during the weekend. Like how they trained on pitstops and how they watched videos from that to see how he needed to aproach and how hard it is to get it just right in a different car.

They also talked about how hard it was and how he did not have the exact right balance between grip on the front as opposed to top speed because he didn't know the car.

He also mentioned Ricciardo was on a 2-stop like him, but they switched Ricciardo to a 3-stop because he had more tire wear than Max did. Which once agains confirms that Max wins a lot on his ability to manage the tires, its the same reason Sainz had so much trouble beating Max in the race.

He also says how he occassionally watches the screens on the side of the track to get an idea on whats going on behind him on-track.

Zeknurn

Motorsport.com - New York and Montreal on draft Formula E calendar

The pair of North American races could provide the season three finale in July 2017, according to a provisional list issued to the nine Formula E teams last week. Both events are planned to feature double-header races.

The Montreal race is set to take place in downtown Montreal close to the Town Hall, while details on the New York circuit are yet to be revealed.

“New York is not confirmed. I was there last week and we are making good progress,” Formula E boss, Alejandro Agag told Motorsport.com.

“Montreal is looking good and has a strong chance of being on the list we send [to the FIA]. If New York happens, they will be together in July and potentially double-headers.”

Season three is set to begin on Sunday, October 9, at the first ever Hong Kong ePrix. The provisional schedule, which Formula E is aiming to submit to the FIA for next months World Motorsport Council Meeting, also includes new events in Marrakesh (November), Singapore (April) and Brussels (June).

Speaking to Motorsport.com, Jerome d’Ambrosio, who has visited the proposed site for the Brussels ePrix, said: “Brussels is my home town so it will be very special if we go there. In general what Formula E is doing is really special with these events now.

"Brussels is a great city and I would be super proud to race on my home streets.”

Twelve events with 14 races are on the provisional draft of the calendar, with the continuation of events at Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Long Beach, Paris and Berlin.

Monaco is also slotted for a May 13 date to start the planned European leg before the final events at Montreal and New York in July 2017.

Races that were on the season two calendar but do not feature on the season three list are Beijing, Putrajaya, Punta del Este, Moscow and Battersea Park.

Formula E is planning season four of the championship to begin later than previous seasons, with a first event planned for December 2017.

Next years calendar is shaping up nicely and ending on a double-header in New York would be a great spectable.

FP2 is on btw. Check out the reddit post for ways to watch it.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Did they forget about yellow flags? The crashing driver was way too fast and kinda stupid, just driving on the curbs and into a cloud of dust.

Did they forget about yellow flags? The crashing driver was way too fast and kinda stupid, just driving on the curbs and into a cloud of dust.

He probably took to the curb because all he could see was dust and had no idea where the safe area was.

Plus no yellow flags were out so making it more difficult to assess the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom