• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

Just went back to watch the live footage.
My god at Tveter getting to safety (looking all fine , presumably under shock) and then collapsing. Back up a few minutes later.

Zaru

Glad everyone's okay.

But I'm curious about morbid statistics now: What's the highest anyone's been launched into the air in a formula series?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
s0hbLgV.gif

Juicy Bob

Glad everyone's okay.

But I'm curious about morbid statistics now: What's the highest anyone's been launched into the air in a formula series?
Probably Takashi Yokoyama at Fuji in 1997 in the crash that claimed his life.

There's no footage, so don't bother searching for it either.

Mastah

Following on-track evaluation, Zhi Cong Li and Ryan Tveter were transferred to the circuit’s medical centre. One driver was initially unconscious, but both drivers were conscious on arrival at the medical centre.

Zhi Cong Li has subsequently been taken to hospital via helicopter due to possible head and back injuries.

Ryan Tveter was taken to hospital by ambulance for further examination.

http://www.fia.com/news/statement-regarding-incident-race-1-spielberg

SilentRob

Jeeesus. I'm watching the race from my window but have a live stream in front of me just so I know who's where and for the few spots I can't see. Huge bang here, thought somwhere a car had to have crashed straight into a wall...nope, was just Vergne losing his front spoiler. Really is amazing how much more tactile this all is live, including the screeching tires.

Of course, I got that feeling during live F1 times 100, but still, even these FE cars are mighty impressive.

SilentRob

Duvall's car that just crashed into the wall is seriously directly next to an opening, so it should be possible to get it out of the way before the race ends under SC? But...they aren't really doing anything with it :/

Edit: There comes the truck ;)

Aaaand they got it. Two more racing laps

Edit Edit: Holy shit, the commentators on the livestream I'm watching are talking WITH the drivers during the SC phase? Fuck, I love Formula E.

Fox Mulder

Duvall's car that just crashed into the wall is seriously directly next to an opening, so it should be possible to get it out of the way before the race ends under SC? But...they aren't really doing anything with it :/

Edit: There comes the truck ;)

Aaaand they got it. Two more racing laps

Edit Edit: Holy shit, the commentators on the livestream I'm watching are talking WITH the drivers during the SC phase? Fuck, I love Formula E.

That's something indycar and NASCAR does too. F1 just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom