• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
13198503_602136049943381_1834972967750225440_o.jpg

Ban it. Ban it now.

It's a non-legal test for high-downforce scenarios and not intended to be used in races.

Kimi should win it this year and quit. All we need is Mercedes not finishing 5 more races and Kimi actually wins them.. Still will be tight I guess..

LilJoka

None of these are in an acceleration zone/straight.
Leader is entitled to take the racing line out of a corner.

At the end of the day this is how i see it:
Nico notices hes in the wrong engine mode
He admits he felt a big loss of power
Lewis tells us it was a loss of 180BHP
Lewis has a massive closing speed - 17kmh
Nico is already off the racing line, in the centre towards the left hand side
Nico is changing engine modes and knows Lewis is fast approaching
At this stage Nico is clever enough to know that he is going MUCH slower than Lewis due to wrong engine mode.
Nico still decides to move to the far right! Even when massively on the back foot!!

Aiii

So not worth it
If you ever needed proof that testing times don't mean anything, McLaren is leading the boards this morning.

DD

Williams have high downforce front wings for some time now, but it wasn't working very well because with it the car had a loose rear. They're probably testing a higher downforce rear wings to see how the car behaves with higher downforce configurations, which means that they're probably trying to bring a new rear to the car.

If you ever needed proof that testing times don't mean anything, McLaren is leading the boards this morning.

Or maybe Wax Free Vanilla was right after all! ;)

Chris R

because F1

My understanding of the negotiations:
"The cars need to be faster so we're adding DF!"
"What about overtaking and increasing 'dirty' air?"
"The cars will be faster!!"

Bah :(

The lower downforce package the NASCAR guys are running this year has made for some really good races (not all of them of course, but more than the average at this point so far).

They are going even lower downforce for the All Star race this weekend, might actually make it interesting for a change.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ocon tested new Renault PU today and he will drive for Mercedes tomorrow. Probably he will have intense debrief in the morning :)

Aiii

So not worth it
Ocon tested new Renault PU today and he will drive for Mercedes tomorrow. Probably he will have intense debrief in the morning :)

"Please tell us about your experiences in the third to last car on the grid, Ocon, teach us how to slow down Lewis so Nico can become 2016 WDC"

Juicy Bob

I haven't played an F1 game since 2013, but I bought and downloaded F1 2015 today and went straight into Pro Career mode as Kamui Kobayashi in the Caterham.

God I am crap. I have only done half of FP1 but I'm really struggling to get near Ericsson's second-slowest time even on Options!

Good laugh though.

Fox Mulder

I haven't played an F1 game since 2013, but I bought and downloaded F1 2015 today and went straight into Pro Career mode as Kamui Kobayashi in the Caterham.

God I am crap. I have only done half of FP1 but I'm really struggling to get near Ericsson's second-slowest time even on Options!

Good laugh though.

It's a shallow game on features, but is a solid foundation for this gen's f1 games. I'll give them another shot with this year's game.

Theyre even bringing back the proper career mode.

Zaru

It's a shallow game on features, but is a solid foundation for this gen's f1 games. I'll give them another shot with this year's game.

Theyre even bringing back the proper career mode.

"Even" is funny way to put it when that's such a basic feature

Now, don't get me wrong, F1 2012 basically got me back into Formula 1 after buying it on a whim, but lately Codemasters has been fucking that series up and it can't all be blamed on the terrible restrictions of the F1 rights holders.

They've got a decent base for current gen and involving the community is probably not their worst idea, so I'm moderately hopeful for F1 2016, but they somehow always seem to manage to fuck something up...

Juicy Bob

I appreciate that career mode is very popular and agree that it should've been in the last game (especially with the inclusion of two seasons of the sport), but did anyone really play through multiple seasons of it?

I did enjoy the fact that I was racing as myself with my own unique helmet design in the older games and that they had the whole upgrade meta-game, but I rarely managed to complete one full season on the last-gen games, let alone multiple ones moving between teams. Mainly because I enjoy longer races and doing lots of practice sessions so a full season took ages.

Also, having multiple seasons feels a bit empty when it's always the same cars and drivers and calendar year after year. I know that's down to FOM's licensing as opposed to Codemasters, but it does kind of take away the immersion of doing a multi-season career to me.

Aiii

So not worth it
One of my favorite drivers ever, the often undervalued Heinz-Harald Frentzen, turned 49 today.

I feel that if Germany had been more open to supporting more than one driver at a time (During the Schumi days it didn't matter how many Germans were on the grid, Kai Ebel and his crew would have you believe the only German driver around was Michael Schumacher, much like they now pretend only Seb drivers under the German flag), I'm sure Frentzen would have been a much bigger deal and gotten much better drives over the years.

Anyways, his best move ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeGDtvSz3VQ

Jibbed

Rosberg could be going to Ferrari next year.

If anyone hasn't caught the news going around a few sites yesterday/today, here are the details...

- Italian media reports that talks are taking places between Rosberg and Ferrari. (2) (3)
- Interview with Rosberg, no denial. "I'm happy at Mercedes, but let's see what the future brings."
- Wolff ousts Alonso as an 'option'. "If he (Rosberg) does not want to renew, then we will consider other options, like Fernando."
- Vettel jokes about the rumour, but doesn't deny it either. "As long as he's not flirting with me it's good news! Everything else you need to ask our boss which is Maurizio."

Silly season starting early this year!

Ferrari: VET / ROS
Mercedes: HAM / ALO (WEH?)
McLaren: BUT / VAN

???

Zaru

One of my favorite drivers ever, the often undervalued Heinz-Harald Frentzen, turned 49 today.

I feel that if Germany had been more open to supporting more than one driver at a time (During the Schumi days it didn't matter how many Germans were on the grid, Kai Ebel and his crew would have you believe the only German driver around was Michael Schumacher, much like they now pretend only Seb drivers under the German flag), I'm sure Frentzen would have been a much bigger deal and gotten much better drives over the years.

Funny enough, around his time, Ralf Schumacher was active too, who hads more wins/podiums and a bigger name as well. So Michael wasn't the only one in his way of getting recognition.

Rosberg could be going to Ferrari next year.

If anyone hasn't caught the news going around a few sites yesterday/today, here are the details...

- Italian media reports that talks are taking places between Rosberg and Ferrari. (2) (3)
- Interview with Rosberg, no denial. "I'm happy at Mercedes, but let's see what the future brings."
- Wolff ousts Alonso as an 'option'. "If he (Rosberg) does not want to renew, then we will consider other options, like Fernando."
- Vettel jokes about the rumour, but doesn't deny it either. "As long as he's not flirting with me it's good news! Everything else you need to ask our boss which is Maurizio."

Silly season starting early this year!

Ferrari: VET / ROS
Mercedes: HAM / ALO (WEH?)
McLaren: BUT / VAN

???

Meh. This is the same thing Wolff did last year before Lewis signed.

Rumours about [Mercedes driver] going to Ferrari emerge, then Wolff floats Alonso as a potential replacement.

John_B

Definitely. Nothing is going to happen though. Rosberg will stay at Merc, and Raikkonen will keep his seat once more.
So predictable. Then again Vettel to Ferrari was a bit surprising.

I hope Raikkonen is replaced by Rosberg. Mercedes should then sign Ricciardo.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

tomtom94

Anyways, his best move ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeGDtvSz3VQ

Frentzen and Villeneuve both got screwed over because Mclaren and Ferrari were so dominant and they had no chance of displacing Hakkinen or Schumi.

I don't think either of them would have been top-tier, mind.

NHale

Quite unexpected, but Wehrlein has some experience with Mercedes car

C'mon. Everyone knows they are just getting Wehrlein ready to replace Lewis 1 day before the Monaco GP. The Great Stuttgart Conspiracy is real. I hope the Great Britain takes this as an act of war and start bombing those Germans.

My predictions in the OT said:
Nico Rosberg is going to be a dominating force like in the last races of last year but will fade during the Summer period and will never regain his confidence, leading to rumors of being replaced and will fade even more allowing Lewis to win the WDC easily.

Mercedes will dominate once again and will win every race except for 4 during the year, one of them will be lost because of an accident between Lewis and Nico. In the end of the season they will sign Valtteri Bottas and give him Nico's place for 2017.

Yeah you can thank me Lewis fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom