• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

The Buxton Blog ‏@thebuxtonblog 4m4 minutes ago

High chance of a safety car start for the GP if weather remains poor. But every driver I've spoken to today says they want a proper start.

Shaneus

Why did he bolt so fast from Redbull? They had one bad year due to the Renault shitbox which seems much better now. They still have a great chassis.

Ferrari is still incompetent with flashes of luck.
It's the great legacy of Ferrari. Webber was the same, from memory.

Edit: Oh shit, hope the weather clears enough so as to not diminish Danny's tyre advantage.

TCRS

Banned
crFvPeP.jpg

Which reminds me... I should probably re-watch "GrandPrix" someday... Not sure I have it in my tho... So long and I'm not sure it aged too well.

Well it's poorly edited and a bit boring of a narrative, but what a masterpiece of cinematography. For my money there's no better racing film than Grand Prix. And it really shows how dangerous the 1960's F1 era was.

James Garner did his own driving in the film, and it was apparently so good that none other than Graham Hill and Jack Brabham told Garner he could've been an F1 driver if he hadn't done acting. Or so the story goes anyway.

Right now it looks like there'll be a band of rain yet at the start, but things could dry out over the course of the race. Subject to extreme change, of course. The rain is mostly light but isolated pockets of heavy.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Blessed said:
In our quest for greatness the road is often rough, but we must overcome our fear of the unknown and have absolute courage. Nothing in life that’s worth having comes easy.
13330909_1228122937269032_2402835460099686007_n.jpg

Mastah

Some idiot in Formula 2.0 just crashed in Sainte Devote while Safety Car was out and he was setting puprle sectors. Safety Car? Instant ban for few races.

kmag

Well it's poorly edited and a bit boring of a narrative, but what a masterpiece of cinematography. For my money there's no better racing film than Grand Prix. And it really shows how dangerous the 1960's F1 era was.

James Garner did his own driving in the film, and it was apparently so good that none other than Graham Hill and Jack Brabham told Garner he could've been an F1 driver if he hadn't done acting. Or so the story goes anyway.

Didn't Garner own a Indy team? I seem to remember reading something about it and about him driving the pace car at the Indy 500 a couple of times when he died.

It's the great legacy of Ferrari. Webber was the same, from memory.

Edit: Oh shit, hope the weather clears enough so as to not diminish Danny's tyre advantage.

If it's wet and he retains the lead he'll have the advantage of clear vision. In both cases he needs to make a good start and if he does, in both cases he has an advantage. A better advantage if it's wet IMO.

Hasney

If it's wet and he retains the lead he'll have the advantage of clear vision. In both cases he needs to make a good start and if he does, in both cases he has an advantage. A better advantage if it's wet IMO.

He'll also have the advantage of being fucking on it™ and take the win if reliability is there.

Shaneus

I have a bad feeling he's going to get dicked around somehow, by pits or whatever. At least Max will be so far back he won't really come into it.

Going to watch it live (airs at 10pm here), hoping I don't regret it. Hell, one of the Mercs could well try and torpedo him at the start. Just hoping Danny is on it, launch-wise.

Aiii

So not worth it
If one thing is clear from these parade lap interviews is that the drivers absolutely loathe Herbert (and with good reason), they all look like they'd rather be drinking a bowl of posion than talk to the fucker.

Ark

If one thing is clear from these parade lap interviews is that the drivers absolutely load Herbert (and with good reason), they all look like they'd rather be drinking a bowl of posion than talk to the fucker.

All three Sky pundits have the personality of a resurrected potato.

Shaneus

TIL that NOWTV doesn't support Chrome or Edge. Using Internet Explorer to watch the F1 today, LOL.
Via which broadcaster? I'll be watching it via Star Sports, with their iOS app. Also noticed today they have the Formula E races archived!

Anyone know any online (good, legit) broadcasters other than they? Anyone broadcast in 60fps? Happy to pay, obv. But otherwise, quite happy with Star Sports, could be far, far worse.

hamchan

Raining. Wonder how many red flags there will be. Should be an interesting race now. Sucks for Daniel that the conditions are now like this but oh well, that happens.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Random question: are you allowed to code radio messages? I know you're unable to code illegal communications, but what if the communication is legal but you just want to hide it from everyone else.

Ark

Via which broadcaster? I'll be watching it via Star Sports, with their iOS app. Also noticed today they have the Formula E races archived!

Anyone know any online (good, legit) broadcasters other than they? Anyone broadcast in 60fps? Happy to pay, obv. But otherwise, quite happy with Star Sports, could be far, far worse.

NowTV just gives me Sky Sports. Can't watch it on the TV downstairs, so I just bought the £6.99 day pass to watch Sky Sports today.

Random question: are you allowed to code radio messages? I know you're unable to code illegal communications, but what if the communication is legal but you just want to hide it from everyone else.

It's illegal, and pretty obvious when they're doing it.

Ark

Good to see Patrick Dempsey hanging around F1. Shame he's not driving in Le Mans anymore :(

Oh great, and now it's Flabio.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It's illegal, and pretty obvious when they're doing it.

Are you sure? The only mentions of it I can find is using coded messages to get around bans on disallowed communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom