• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryke

I have a bad feeling he's going to get dicked around somehow, by pits or whatever. At least Max will be so far back he won't really come into it.

Going to watch it live (airs at 10pm here), hoping I don't regret it. Hell, one of the Mercs could well try and torpedo him at the start. Just hoping Danny is on it, launch-wise.

They better have a good plan b all the way to z. Rain and safety car is gonna fuck everything up.

Ark

Are you sure? The only mentions of it I can find is using coded messages to get around bans on disallowed communications.

I misread your original post, I thought you meant coding stuff to get around the radio ban. IIRC coding legal stuff is totally fine, you used to hear it a lot before the radio ban tbh. Ferrari would just speak Italian on the radio, Mercedes have a bunch of weird callings.

But yeah, I think it is allowed.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I misread your original post, I thought you meant coding stuff to get around the radio ban. IIRC coding legal stuff is totally fine, you used to hear it a lot before the radio ban tbh. Ferrari would just speak Italian on the radio, Mercedes have a bunch of weird callings.

But yeah, I think it is allowed.

By "misread" you meant "I read the first 4 words"? ;-D

Thought that was the rule. I bet there's plenty of unnecessary switches being pressed.

moojito

I was just thinking "maybe it'll be another crazy race like '96. Wow, that was 10 years ago this year."

Nope, 20 years. I'm so old :<

Par Score

I can't remember when it changed, but it's been like this for years now. A decade ago this would have been a proper start and we'd have had a race on.

Now if it's a bit damp? Maybe a chance of some fun? Time for the Safety Car.

Juicy Bob

Remember the rain races of the 90s

:(

F1 so soft now
They just got sued by the family of a driver who died in a wet race.

If they had a standing start with all this spray and there was a massive shunt, they would be rightly slated.

All because, let's be honest, a lot of people watching just want to see a big shunt...

Lender

They just got sued by the family of a driver who died in a wet race.

If they had a standing start with all this spray and there was a massive shunt, they would be rightly slated.

All because, let's be honest, a lot of people watching just want to see a big shunt...

Racing in the wet in monaco is more than just crashing. It always brings epic races. Remember 1997?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom