• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Oh, okay.

Because for a second I thought that a winning team was spending hundred of millions to develop two cars and dominate the sport, only to risk secured wins, points, the constructor's championship and piss off their sponsors, because they suddenly don't like their current championship winner anymore (because he's not German or something).

Because that would be utterly ridiculous, wouldn't it?

Anyone who thinks Merc are sabotaging Hamilton needs to pull their head out of his ass and remove their tin foil hat. Don't be such a fucking moron is all you needed to say Brot, because anyone who thinks that Hamilton's bad luck is anything but bad luck is one.

spuckthew

Ric's pole is more impressive when it's actually the second quickest pole ever, a mere tenth behind Vettel's 2011 showing, and we know how good that car was.

kharma45

Realistic, more like it. It's such a shit race - the exciting bit is done. No overtakes.

We'll see. Tomorrow is like this until 4pm

QXmIxPz.png

Hahaha, my god the rain. This is the sort of race that really needs the e-marshal big blinking LED boards. Could also use an F1-style local radar that everyone has access to.

Holy shit, that's hail accumulated on the track. Yeah they need an official weather official in the future. Radar can pick up hail and can predict extremely heavy downpours well in advance of when it'd hit the track.

European hail is weird. It's just... ice coughing out of the clouds. That sort of accumulated hail is what you'd see in the US midwest. Impressive.

Mobius 1

More of the same weather hitting the 'Ring, this isn't getting restarted on time, or anytime soon. Seems like everybody retreated to tents to eat wursts and be merry.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Great lap by Daniel. The head on camera of cars coming through the swimming pool section is one of my favorite views in motorsport.

Also, did anyone see the Ferrari quiz on Sky during the pre-qualifying? It was pretty funny.

chadskin

British F3

Cjjk-1oXIAAY4Zy.jpg:large

Driver is OK, if you were wondering, he's been released from the medical center. No reported injuries. Not sure what happened there exactly, as I can't seem to find any video of it.

Mastah

It was such a stupid mistake. It looks like he believed his talent can overcome absolutely everything, so he can push almost to the limit straight away. Well, that's not how Monaco works and I think it's good he was proven wrong. Talent isn't everything.

DieH@rd

Banned
Is that Nurburgring 24h some amateur event so that cars of all variety can participate?

There are 157 cars on track this year, all separated in 3 starting groups that compete in their individual rankings [but they quickly meld into one another, with faster cars speeding by the slower cars all the time]. Last group has slowest cars, there you can find anything. :)

Mobius 1

Is that Nurburgring 24h some amateur event so that cars of all variety can participate?

Ha no. :)

In endurance races you have different categories running at the same time, from production cars with barely a few stickers on them, to purpose-built racing machines. They're competing to win their classes, but also to finish well overall.

Once the race gets going, all the overtaking, lapping, pit stops, accidents, stoppages, safety cars and everything else ends up mixing up the field. So you can end up with a Prius in front of a Viper.

xrnzaaas

Ha no. :)

In endurance races you have different categories running at the same time, from production cars with barely a few stickers on them, to purpose-built racing machines. They're competing to win their classes, but also to finish well overall.

Once the race gets going, all the overtaking, lapping, pit stops, accidents, stoppages, safety cars and everything else ends up mixing up the field. So you can end up with a Prius in front of a Viper.

I know about the different classes in endurance events, it's just I've never seen 20+ year old stock cars (like an old BMW 5 series) taking part in the same race as brand new GT3 cars. I guess I have to start watching more endurances races. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom