• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Vettel's career is going to die at Ferrari.

Why did he bolt so fast from Redbull? They had one bad year due to the Renault shitbox which seems much better now. They still have a great chassis.

Ferrari is still incompetent with flashes of luck.

Zaru

I'm kind of afraid this is true.
Not because of age. He's only bordering 29, there's still room for another team in his 30s.
But his driving and behaviour on track feels ... disillusioning, even given Ferrari's current state. I realized I've only been rooting for him because he was messing with Mercedes last year, but almost anyone is fine for that, really.

Mastah

qIn2xbK.jpg

Soon.

It's already there in his radio rants and interviews.

There are 157 cars on track this year, all separated in 3 starting groups that compete in their individual rankings [but they quickly meld into one another, with faster cars speeding by the slower cars all the time]. Last group has slowest cars, there you can find anything. :)
Isn't there a couple of deaths a year at this thing?

DBT85

British F3

Cjjk-1oXIAAY4Zy.jpg:large

Driver is OK, if you were wondering, he's been released from the medical center. No reported injuries. Not sure what happened there exactly, as I can't seem to find any video of it.

Looks like it dig in to the grass from that pic.

Looks utterly terrifying.

Pryce

Why did he bolt so fast from Redbull? They had one bad year due to the Renault shitbox which seems much better now. They still have a great chassis.

He always wanted to race for Ferrari. When he left RBR was shit, Mclaren was trash and Williams is still Williams. Better to try Ferrary when you just have Mercedes to catch, I guess.

He'll be gone from them before he's 30, I would imagine. Plenty of time to get in another good car and win another championship.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
lol, RBR, after two seasons of problems, is strong on two tracks where they have always been strong, and F1-GAF is already declaring Vettel doomed, defeated, mediocre and wrong for having moved to Ferrari.

Aiii

So not worth it
lol, RBR, after two seasons of problems, is strong on two tracks where they have always been strong, and F1-GAF is already declaring Vettel doomed, defeated, mediocre and wrong for having moved to Ferrari.

GAF F1 experts prone to hyperbole? Well I'd never...

Pryce

Vettel? No. Vettel is still the best on the grid outside of maybe Hamilton.

Ferrari? They give me no reason to think they can have the best car.

Zaru

I still find the failure of Ferrari this year to be funny.
Without the reliability/crash issues and better strategy calls in Australia and Spain, Vettel could realistically have had more points now than Rosberg does at the moment.

And I'm sure they know this. Which will create anger and frustration that leads to people getting sacked and the team looking no better next year.
wasn't McLaren meant to be extremely good here due to their chassis?
Honestly, given the performance of Toro Rosso and Force India here, McLaren might only have trouble even calling their chassis 5th best...

Zaru

The funny thing is if he wouldn't have been so bad that season his contract with Red Bull would have auto-renewed. Only because he lost to Ric was he able to land at Ferrari.

Funny enough, due to circumstances, at this point (after spain) he still had more points than Riccy that year. It'd be interesting to know at which point he REALLY decided to get out.

hamchan

Ha, Danny and Max get on really well. Nice stream.

Just last year we were all saying it was a great idea for him to change teams. Vettel has achieved so much at RBR anyways and has always been a Ferrari fan. I still think it was good for him to change.

-------------------

Ted's Notebook this week has some amazingly awkward moments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5oARnC3ZUQ

Megasoum

Banned
I only have the DVD, not the Blu-ray, but it is still stunning.

I actually only have the VHS (it's on 2 tapes!) lol... I should buy the dvd or bluray.

I have LeMans on DVD which I should also watch again. I remember that the first line of dialog in that movie is like 45min in lol

I actually only have the VHS (it's on 2 tapes!) lol... I should buy the dvd or bluray.

I have LeMans on DVD which I should also watch again. I remember that the first line of dialog in that movie is like 45min in lol

My DVD is across 2 disks as well, restored from the 65mm print. Probably the best looking DVD I own. Keep meaning to pick it up on Blu-ray now that it's available, I think it was HD-DVD exclusive for a long while!

kmag

Rainy morning in Monaco

There's a chance it might pass by the start, but if it does it'll probably just stop immediately before the start. There's actually only a 30% chance of rain at 14:00 local time but there's something like a 80% chance at 13:00. The track is almost certainly going to be wet at the start. I actually think a fast drying track might be better than a rain storm, it's the tipping point between wet and dry where it's tricky for the drivers, especially with the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom