• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igo

The issue is that the F1GAF community has been called racist a bunch of time over the years, because hating Lewis and his lifestyle is apparently racist, much like making fun of Eddie Jordan's shitty shirts, his wig and lifestyle, DJ Alguersuari back then and any other thing that is "out of line" for this so called "gentlemen sport" and "pinnacle of motorsport".

The way I see it is posts like that can be toxic for a community and we actually lost a bunch of great members over the years, because you just can't have a good discussion in here anymore for reasons like that and more. It gets harder to look at the justified complains about the racism towards Lewis, when you have people honestly shouting "conspiracy!" at the same time, because Lewis got really shit luck in the first couple of races. E: Just to be clear, the other side of people hating on Lewis for whatever he does in his private life, are just as responsible.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, honestly think people in here are being racist, call them out, report them and a mod will come in and bring out the trash. I know it, because I did exactly that in the past.
We've had some really asinine discussions over Lewis' supposed lack of class in F1GAF over the years and i'm more than happy to lose them. It was more than just jokes about his hair or fashion sense, and that bs was more of a reason for me to stop checking the thread than any racism backlash.

Goldrusher

Meanwhile in Spanish Moto2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2LDkvcUZ7Y

r5vQ76y.gif

edit: Everyone involved is ok.

chadskin

However, when interviewed after the race, Kvyat said the blame on the collision laid squarely on the Dane.

"We were racing, he blocked me twice pretty strongly two corners before and we touched," Kvyat recalled.

"Next corner I tried to go on the inside again and he just blocks you completely, you know. I couldn't go through the walls, so I had to go through him.

"That was it, the incident, really. I had a couple of moves in that corner two laps before. When you find a driver who really doesn't want to let you by, sometimes this happens.

"I had nothing to lose anyway so I was going for it and he seemed to be wanting to really block me. I didn't know how it looked from the outside."
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvyat-gets-grid-penalty-but-blames-magnussen-for-crash-741838/

Never change Kvyat

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Good race. Shame Red Bull fucked the pit stop. Also Hamilton should have gave up the position like Rosberg did on Alonso.

Lucius86

Banned
Ric deserved the win, but fair play to Ham smashing Rosberg today.

Ric has every right to be pissed. Its nice to see some personality.

Ric deserved the win, but fair play to Ham smashing Rosberg today.

Ric has every right to be pissed. Its nice to see some personality.

And yet Lewis was criticized last year for showing emotion on the cool-down lap and on the podium (but yet not throwing the team under the bus like RIC did today)

Ham deserved the victory just as much; lasting those US for 47 laps and the gamble to keep the wets on a drying track. Getting very little credit for making the call.

Lucius86

Banned
And yet Lewis was criticized last year for showing emotion on the cool-down lap and on the podium (but yet not throwing the team under the bus like RIC did today)

Ham deserved the victory just as much; lasting those US for 47 laps and the gamble to keep the wets on a drying track. Getting very little credit for making the call.

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton did brilliantly today (Perez was number 1, Ric was 2nd due to his outright pace and the only reason he lost the race was down to his team and that pit stop). His dominance over Rosberg can't be overstated. Having said that, I do think he got a little lucky keeping P1 from Ric at the chicane; he cut the chicane by just enough to get away without a penalty. It was right on the edge, but he got it right.

I can't comment on the history in F1 gaf anymore because I don't honestly like posting here for reasons similar to what Brot posted earlier - and F1 has got a lot more boring in recent seasons, so I go out of my way to watch the races less. I can't remember Monaco last year...

I got off my phone to my laptop to reply properly - sorry my first post was lacking.

Whilst I'm here:

• Sauber were god-awful today. Drivers were both stupid
  • Max needs to practice Monaco on F1 2015 more
  • Get Bernie out with his watering can more please
  • Channel 4 do good coverage, I've liked what I've seen so far. But this nonsense of Sky having half the races live is stupid and hurting the sport. When Sky has exclusivity, bye bye any interest in the sport for me.
  • I didn't like Bieber getting special access right by the podium post-race - it irked me, he had no right being there for the champagne spraying.

Dilly

Banned

That call wasn't useful at all. Ricciardo came out of the pits pretty much next to Hamilton, despite his pitstop shenanigans and Ricciardo caught up to him with intermediates anyway. It amounted to nothing.

can't even be mad anymore, there is nothing left inside of me. sixth race and ferrari is on maximum choke.

I'm just empty. Ferrari their incompetence knows no limits anymore. They are constantly regressing during the season too.

I'm not even that sure next year is going to be the year anymore....

Zaru

His dominance over Rosberg can't be overstated

It can, and you just did, because Rosberg was suffering from technical issues. Which perfectly mirrors China, where Rosberg won while Hamilton ended up in P7 thanks to issues, over a minute behind. Sound familiar?

Semi-related:
We're 6 races in and they still haven't had a proper race against each other. I do consider Lewis faster but this lack of fair, direct confrontation between the two is starting to get on my nerves as a F1 fan. Luckily the races have otherwise been mostly exciting so far.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Risky strategy of not pitting while the leaders did. Was running slow and is now completely out of fuel.

edit: There's also the rumor that Haryanto is running out of money and Manor might replace him with Rossi. Although imo he'd be better off at Haas.

Lucius86

Banned
It can, and you just did, because Rosberg was suffering from technical issues. Which perfectly mirrors China, where Rosberg won while Hamilton ended up in P7 thanks to issues, over a minute behind. Sound familiar?

Did not know that, obviously that changes the perspective. I don't think they mentioned that on C4's coverage, or if they did I completely missed it.

Not that I care if its either Hamilton or Rosberg to win, I just want good racing these days.

Day he probably thought he'd have been racing in Monaco and pull this off? Good job! +1 F1 alumni with a solid career ahead in Indy. Between WEC and Indy there's typically a home these days for F1 drivers booted around by politics and drama by no fault of their own.
edit: There's also the rumor that Haryanto is running out of money and Manor might replace him with Rossi. Although imo he'd be better off at Haas.
He'd be bonkers to leave Indy for Manor. Haas I can see in a year or two because having an American on the team would help a ton.
Dat F1 experience of lifting and coasting to save fuel for Rossi...
lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom