• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

malyce

If you think some posters here are racist, please call them out on it by name and warn the mods.

If not...

Relax.. My post wasn't aimed at posters on this forum.. just Ham haters in general.. I see it every weekend from all corners of the internet.

Par Score

If you think some posters here are racist, please call them out on it by name and warn the mods.

If not...

Oh come on.

Lewis has faced racism for his whole racing career, both direct and indirect, from both inside the sport and from fans.

I'm not saying all of his detractors are racists, but his race is certainly a factor in at least some of the criticism he receives.

DarkestHour

Banned
For some reason the race isnt broadcast here in the States until now so I have been avoiding this thread. I turned the TV to NBCSN to watch and sure enough the ticker is showing who won. No surprise now! Bah!

Hopefully it is at least an interesting race so I will watch a little.

That's not how the rules work. It's only if you gain a position while cutting a corner that you have to give the position back.

You will get a penalty if you do it a few times though.

Okay, sounds reasonable, thanks! Well anyway, good for the championship. I just want a true racer with guts to win the championship, like Hamilton. I still think he is one of the best racers out there regardless of the car (with Alonso and maybe... Vettel?). On the other hand, Rosberg is not.

hwy_61

Banned
For some reason the race isnt broadcast here in the States until now so I have been avoiding this thread. I turned the TV to NBCSN to watch and sure enough the ticker is showing who won. No surprise now! Bah!

It was a fun race!!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Relax.. My post wasn't aimed at posters on this forum.. just Ham haters in general.. I see it every weekend from all corners of the internet.

Please use sarcasm tags the next time, because I actually did report you to a mod.

yami4ct

It was broadcast on regular NBC. I believe Canada and the US gp will be as well.

SilentRob

Oh come on.

Lewis has faced racism for his whole racing career, both direct and indirect, from both inside the sport and from fans.

I'm not saying all of his detractors are racists, but his race is certainly a factor in at least some of the criticism he receives.

Call the people out who you think are racists or don't call people racists for disliking someone on this forum. It's really that simple.

malyce

Checo gonna make it rain, new contract, podium finish, great stuff.

I always hated the way McLaren chewed up and spit out Checo. Did much more harm to his career than if he'd had a steady climb to a top team. He can drive.

Button should have been gone a while ago.

John_B

Great race. I think having having three tire options from to go with Pirelli could have totally avoided the "need" for tires that severely dropped performance. It's very positive looking forward.

Is the Monaco track in the Red Bull simulator not laser scanned?

dubc35

I always hated the way McLaren chewed up and spit out Checo. Did much more harm to his career than if he'd had a steady climb to a top team. He can drive.

Button should have been gone a while ago.
I think he has said since that he wasn't ready for a top tier (at the time) car/team. Too much too soon kind of thing. Amazing drive by him today!

I love Lewis, he's been my favourite driver since he started... but I wish he got second today, I really wanted Danny to get this one, he was killing it all weekend.

Danny for 1st in Canada!

Jesus.. some of you need to get out more.. It's not possibly that fucking serious..

Let me go back and add my sarcasm tags.

The issue is that the F1GAF community has been called racist a bunch of time over the years, because hating Lewis and his lifestyle is apparently racist, much like making fun of Eddie Jordan's shitty shirts, his wig and lifestyle, DJ Alguersuari back then and any other thing that is "out of line" for this so called "gentlemen sport" and "pinnacle of motorsport".

The way I see it is posts like that can be toxic for a community and we actually lost a bunch of great members over the years, because you just can't have a good discussion in here anymore for reasons like that and more. It gets harder to look at the justified complains about the racism towards Lewis, when you have people honestly shouting "conspiracy!" at the same time, because Lewis got really shit luck in the first couple of races. E: Just to be clear, the other side of people hating on Lewis for whatever he does in his private life, are just as responsible.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, honestly think people in here are being racist, call them out, report them and a mod will come in and bring out the trash. I know it, because I did exactly that in the past.

yami4ct

Arrivabene's gone at the end of the season, isn't he?

I don't know if it's a leadership problem at this point. Throwing the team into another huge shakeup at the top so quickly could easily do more harm than good.

Canada's Merc's to lose.

Canada is real hard on brakes, and Rosberg was having break issues in Monaco. If that's a hidden issue that doesn't get solved by the next race, we could easily see one or both cars have issues.

malyce

The issue is that the F1GAF community has been called racist a bunch of time over the years, because hating Lewis and his lifestyle is apparently racist, much like making fun of Eddie Jordan's shitty shirts, his wig and lifestyle, DJ Alguersuari back then and any other thing that is "out of line" for this so called "gentlemen sport" and "pinnacle of motorsport".

The way I see it is posts like that can be toxic for a community and we actually lost a bunch of great members over the years, because you just can't have a good discussion in here anymore for reasons like that and more. It gets harder to look at the justified complains about the racism towards Lewis, when you have people honestly shouting "conspiracy!" at the same time, because Lewis got really shit luck in the first couple of races.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, honestly think people in here are being racist, call them out, report them and a mod will come in and bring out the trash. I know it, because I did exactly that in the past.

You know what, you're right.. while my post was not directed specifically at posters on this forum.. I can see how/why it could lead to a toxic derail of a good conversation.. my fault.

duckroll

Hi, I haven't watched any of the races this season, except highlights of the stupid ass Mercedes crash. Lol.

So where are the racists?!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

It's kinda crazy to think that this is really possible. Ferrari have been doing pretty well. They have been fighting for the championship multiple times over the last years. Even when you are doing a good job, it would be insane to expect you to lead the field with mathematical certainty given how competitive F1 is. Just look at other high-budget teams.

What Ferrari really needs is stability. Even the Todt-Brawn-Schumacher dream team did have a lot of rough times.

You know what, you're right.. while my post was not directed specifically at posters on this forum.. I can see how/why it could lead to a toxic derail of a good conversation.. my fault.

I'm just glad that I got my point across well enough, because I didn't want it to sound like it's not an issue in general. It definitely is, but I like to think that this shit is not being tolerated in this community.

It wouldn't surprise me, but it wouldn't accomplish anything.

Ferrari seems to have a deeply rooted issue in terms of car development and I'd love to know what it is. They can't be firing people all the time and poach great engineers and designers from other teams, only to start with a decent car and get zero results over the season.

I know it's not literally just one man designing an entire (race winning) F1 car, but when you fire your Engineering Director after a couple of rough seasons, only for him to switch to a different team and build them a championship winning car, when you have to realize that you're the problem.

Business

Pirelli should work on making the tires really different. It's a bit ridiculous teams get three kinds of dry tires and without the colors it would have been impossible to tell which is which, all performed and lasted equally.

On Hamilton I believe he gained advantage from cutting the chicanne. I think as he tries to defend he brakes with part on his car out of the dry line and goes long, cuts and gains advantage. The block on the exit is harsh but oh well. Lucky because another day somebody wrecks you for that.

Juicy Bob

Perez has had more podiums for Force India (3) since he was dropped by McLaren than McLaren has achieved in the same time frame (2).

Rosberg was saying he was told to let Lewis through cause he didn't have the pace.

I hope Lewis would have done the same but to be honest I'm not so sure he would have done it without a fight

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ericsson gets a three-place grid penalty for Canada.

Bottas gets a 10-second penalty for hitting Gutierrez, dropping him to 12th.

John_B

Vettel sounds very frustrated this season. Last year he was content with that third podium spot in most races and then a couple of wins. But this season should have been step forward, but even getting to the podium looks much harder for Ferrari.

Having seen the video a few times, it looks as if Hamilton did leave enough room in his fight with Ricciardo, but it's Monaco and Ricciardo was wise not to trust him and quickly back out of that situation.

Deadman

I had to go out straight after the race, has it been explained how hulk got rosberg at the end? Was it problems or was he just asleep?

Imagine if he loses the title by a point.

Mastah

Hulk overtook Nico just before finish line. They exited last corner, but Rosberg couldn't put power down (as he said his ultrasofts had less tread than softs on Hulk's Force India, so he lost temperature in tyres), while Hulk could.

Yagami_Sama

I missed almost the entire race, due to the joys of work in a Sunday morning, due to some technical issues.
Anyway, I just watched the end of the last lap, when the television was showing Alonso running alone on the track, after almost I had a heart attack, I thought “Did Alonso win this thing?” and then he completed the lap and finished the race on 5th, and since it is Alonso favorite spot, it is like a win.

I will read this thread later, in order to avoid spoilers, and there will be a reprise in about 02 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom