• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentRob

HAM didn't deserve it:

- cutting two chicanes without a penalty
- cutting Ricciardo
- luck with Ricciardo's bad pitstop
- teamcall with Rosberg

- Pretty much every single driver cut the chicane at least once, I don't think anyone got a penalty.
- Racing
- Great team that didn't make that mistake themselves
- Only sensible decision and every single team would make the same call

GHG

HAM didn't deserve it:

- cutting two chicanes without a penalty
- cutting Ricciardo
- luck with Ricciardo's bad pitstop
- teamcall with Rosberg

He won without any penalties but he didn't deserve it? Ok then.

The anti-Hamilton salt is too strong for my veins in this thread.

John_B

Ricciardo is right to be bitter. He should arguably have taken that scrap Mercedes left for everyone to fight about in Barcelona, and he definitely was faster than everyone else this weekend to take a strong win. Still I think he keeps proving how strong of a driver he is. Red Bull would be crazy to not have him signed for when they have a championship car in the coming seasons.

TCRS

Banned
bieber

IrUp3DR.jpg

He won without any penalties but he didn't deserve it? Ok then.

The anti-Hamilton salt is too strong for my veins in this thread.

It's not hard to figure out why people might dislike Hamilton. He's got a strong and polarizing personality for a Formula 1 driver, so to speak. To me there are as much supporters here as haters, so I don't get the sentiment of the thread being Anti-Hamilton.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's not hard to figure out why people might dislike Hamilton. He's got a strong personality, to say. To me there are as much supporters here as haters, so I don't get the sentiment of the thread being Anti-Hamilton.

Everybody hates a world champion with more than one consecutive title, especially when the titles were dominant. It has always been like this. Has probably nothing to do with Hamilton.

Hasney

It's not hard to figure out why people might dislike Hamilton. He's got a strong and polarizing personality for a Formula 1 driver, so to speak. To me there are as much supporters here as haters, so I don't get the sentiment of the thread being Anti-Hamilton.

Yeah, I mean there's literal conspiracy theorists in here when hamilton was having bad luck.

Everybody hates a world champion with more than one consecutive title, especially when the titles were dominant. It has always been like this. Has probably nothing to do with Hamilton.

Yup. Just look at threads when Vettel was at Red Bull compared to how people like Vettel now.

SilentRob

It's not hard to figure out why people might dislike Hamilton. He's got a strong personality, to say. To me there are as much supporters here as haters, so I don't get the sentiment of the thread being Anti-Hamilton.

I dislike Hamilton, but I can still appreciate his driving skill and I don't look for reasons why he didn't earn a win when he had a consistently amazing drive. That's what so frustrating about these posts - it's incredibly childish.

chadskin

You win together, you lose together.

Not cool of RIC to throw them under the bus like this, even if his frustration is understandable.

Danielsan

Man this race was no fun for me. Verstappen putting his car in the wall (AGAIN) from ninth place and Danny getting screwed hard in the pits. Total bummer. To top it all off a win for Hamilton..

I am not a Hamilton hater and pray to Jebus he wins the Championship instead of terrible boring Britney but yeah bit shouldn't he had to hand the first place to Ricciardo when he missed the chicane out of the tunnel?

Ricciardo Webber'd totally, he just publicly dissed RBR. Doubt they'll be happy.
They're taking the piss though.

He's the no.1 RB driver, he's been doing everything they could ask for.

He gets screwed while his team mate is the adored by all of F1. Yet he's NEVER shown that he can actually drive faster than him.

Then gets screwed more, all the while his team mate can't get through quail or the race without putting it in the barriers.

I'd be super pissed too.

Pterion

I am not a Hamilton hater and pray to Jebus he wins the Championship instead of terrible boring Britney but yeah bit shouldn't he had to hand the first place to Ricciardo when he missed the chicane out of the tunnel?
Ham was in front of Ric the whole time. Why would he let him by?

SilentRob

Not cool of RIC to throw them under the bus like this, even if his frustration is understandable.

Yeah, that's the other side of the coin. You don't see members of the pit crew or engineers who worked through the night throw Ricciardo under the bus when he has a bad quali or race - but that's just the nature of the sport with the racers functioning as the icon of the team.

Ruruja

No because Ricciardo was completely behind him, not side-by-side.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

That's not how the rules work. It's only if you gain a position while cutting a corner that you have to give the position back.

You will get a penalty if you do it a few times though.

hamchan

I agree. Really unprofessional doing what he did.

Not really. It would be foolish of him to accept any responsibility for what happened considering none of it was his fault. That hurts his stakes in the public eye and also any teams who might want him in the future.

malyce

More like.. "He's not the right color to be the face of our precious sport, while managing to live his life as he pleases out side of F1, if only he was a black that would know his place, we wouldn't have this problem" .... Fuck'em.

Team #blessed

Mohonky

I agree. Really unprofessional doing what he did.

I'm willing to bet Webber is in his ear every now and again telling him to get out of RBR asap. I guarantee he is thinking longer term; screwed out of a win last week, screwed this week and Marko's toy boy will likely have him move to 2nd driver status. He knows he needs to prpve a point, this isnt helping.

Ferrari might be a good move for him actually.

Still not aa good as last year when Hamilton ran over the 3rd place marker. That was awesome.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
More like.. "He's not the right color to be the face of our precious sport, while managing to live his life as he pleases out side of F1, if only he was a black that would know his place, we wouldn't have this problem" .... Fuck'em.

Team #blessed

If you think some posters here are racist, please call them out on it by name and warn the mods.

If not...

hwy_61

Banned

Team #blessed

You went there.

Shaneus

Yeah then he should've just answered that question with, "man, I got nothing to say about that". Not, "yeah my team fucked up."
Imagine you've just lost a race after account everything all weekend because of something someone else did. After being dicked by that same group of a potential win weeks earlier.

Has every right to be pissed. Don't recall people talking about driver attitude this much when Vettel complained about how shit hits car had become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom