• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Danny. Two races in a row RB have fucked him is just not on.

Mistakes like that are expected from a new team like Haas, not a multiple CWC team like RB.

If I were the guy asking where they tyres were I'd be going absolutely fucking ballistic.

Aiii

So not worth it
Team didn't fuck him. Team made a mistake.

That RIC got upset and said some things while he was hopped up on adrenaline and disappointed is fine, but can we quit with the hyperbole? Heh.

That RIC got upset and said some things while he was hopped up on adrenaline and disappointed is fine, but can we quit with the hyperbole? Heh.

Not really. People ridiculed Lewis when he stopped his car at Portier or when he smashed the podium thingy, but he never threw the team under the bus like RIC did.

But I guess RIC is cool, so it doesn't matter.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
New footage of Red Bull's miserable pit stop:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...__-_Relive_Red_Bull's_pit_stop_nightmare.html

XjifMaE.gif

We've secretly replaced Ricciardo's pit crew with one from Williams. Let's see if he notices.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not really. People ridiculed Lewis when he stopped his car at Portier or when he smashed the podium thingy, but he never threw the team under the bus like RIC did.

But I guess RIC is cool, so it doesn't matter.

Ever considered that not all people think alike and maybe you saw a different set of people react differently to different events?

Chuck

Still without luck

There's no hyperbole here. They literally screwed him out of two victories.

Incompetence shouldn't be a defense in formula 1.

Last time I checked Danny was going to win the last 2 races if it wasn't for shit decisions or poor communication by the pit wall.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did you even read what we said?

Yes. Did you realise it doesn't matter what you said because "being screwed over" implies malice and whatever your explanation is still boils down to the unrealistic believe that RBR would purposely do things to undermine RIC's chances at winning a race.

That's why it's hyperbole and completely ridiculous.

If you wish to criticize RBR for betting on the wrong strategy in spain or for not communicating well in Monaco you can do this without being hyperbolic or conspiracy theorist.

It's all a conspiracy to make wonder boy the number 1.

Yep. Bernie had enough of Hamilton, so he ordered Mercedes to fuck his weekends up and make Rosberg WDC this year. And because everyone hates that corporate shill, people will be clamoring for a true and talented racer. That's where Max Verstappen comes in. Popularity of F1 skyrockets in the Netherlands, which in return brings Zandvoort back on the calendar, replacing Baku for the European race.

Bernie's doing this all for the greater good, you guys.

Somebody should send the stats to Button and Dennis.

When you think about how difficult it was for the media and many others (including the team for that matter) to admit that Lewis was the top driver in McLaren while button was there.

I just have to look back and laugh. Probably even harder once Ham.vs Ros is over.

When you think about how difficult it was for the media and many others (including the team for that matter) to admit that Lewis was the top driver in McLaren while button was there.

I just have to look back and laugh. Probably even harder once Ham.vs Ros is over.
Button had some great wins don't get me wrong, but man McLaren without Hamilton became like the saddest thing imaginable. It's like a fucking Chrome Old Yeller these days. Button's career came full circle in the weirdest way imaginable. Only person I feel bad for is Alonso but at the same time this is Spygate karma coming back to him. Out of the old guard that criticized Hamiltons move how many of their records has he broken? Only ones that I think like him are DC and Mansell and probably Hill, not to mention his best bro Lauda (correct me if I'm wrong please).

DD

If I was a top team manager and if my team was looking for a top quality driver, I wouldn't look at the likes of Ocon, Verstappen or Vandoorne (not that they aren't good). I would look for Grosjean, Perez and Hulk. These are the best drivers out there, outside the big teams, and they are ready to fight for the championship.

If I was a top team manager and if my team was looking for a top quality driver, I wouldn't look at the likes of Ocon, Verstappen or Vandoorne (not that they aren't good). I would look for Grosjean, Perez and Hulk. These are the best drivers out there, outside the big teams, and they are ready to fight for the championship.
Is Hulkenberg the best driver to not get a podium?

Pterion

I know they are putting a barrier to protect that castle, but I can't help but feel that something is still going to happen to it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Yes. Did you realise it doesn't matter what you said because "being screwed over" implies malice and whatever your explanation is still boils down to the unrealistic believe that RBR would purposely do things to undermine RIC's chances at winning a race.
It certainly doesn't, please learn what those words mean.
If you wish to criticize RBR for betting on the wrong strategy in spain or for not communicating well in Monaco you can do this without being hyperbolic or conspiracy theorist.
So you didn't read what we said, cool.

Indeed Perez, Hulkenberg and Grosjean have the right amount of experience and time to continue an F1 career, ideally I'd pair any of those three with a younger driver like Ocon or vandoorne.
Drivers like Massa and Button are really just stopping good young drivers to get quality seats in F1

Indeed Perez, Hulkenberg and Grosjean have the right amount of experience and time to continue an F1 career, ideally I'd pair any of those three with a younger driver like Ocon or vandoorne.
Drivers like Massa and Button are really just stopping good young drivers to get quality seats in F1
I'd add Raikonnen to that list as well. He hasn't exactly been that good since 2013.

Strictly

Even if he does, he will not be the only one.

The unfortunate thing for Max, is that for all his hype, he is not faster than Ricciardo in any important session, especially in quali he is many tenths off his pace.

It's not like when Lewis joined McLaren and immediately put Alonso under pressure or when Ricciardo joined RB and showed Seb to be quite vulnerable. Even Perez going to McLaren and fighting JB all round town. Max hasn't shown any of that.

I feel like Max will want to push hard to match or beat Ricciardo, which will force more errors. If he just takes it easy and doesn't fight too hard before he is more comfortable, he will then just be called slower and lacking inspiration etc etc etc.

He's in a pretty tough place at the moment.

I can see all it taking is one call from the pit wall that he doesn't like, followed by a crash/accident or poor performance and the criticism coming down even harder than ever before.

People forget that what partly made Hamilton so ready for F1 was tons and tons of testing.

I personally think the FIA should institute a means for rookies to have F1 testing. What we have is not enough. Maybe teams can pay and the FIA can provide a spec car that they can use? Something along that line.

I'd rather see Kimi leave the sport than Button or Massa. At least those two are only slow, but Kimi still makes really stupid mistakes.

Theorry

I dont know. I like Kimi as a person. That part with the gridwalk on Sky was awesome. But since he joined Ferrari and just have a feelling he doesnt care for some reason. Like he did back in the day and even at Lotus. He was great there. He always didnt care outside of the car offcourse but never in the car. I mean he crashed quite stupid last weekend and if i was Ferrari i would be quite pissed. He is one of the most experienced drivers, Ferrari would be beter off with a Perez as second driver imo.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I dont know. I like Kimi as a person. That part with the gridwalk on Sky was awesome. But since he joined Ferrari and just have a feelling he doesnt care for some reason. Like he did back in the day and even at Lotus. He was great there. He always didnt care outside of the car offcourse but never in the car. I mean he crashed quite stupid last weekend and if i was Ferrari i would be quite pissed. He is one of the most experienced drivers, Ferrari would be beter off with a Perez as second driver imo.

Yeah, the gridwalk was funny. Also the game show in the pre race.

Mastah

The video is on this page, but I'm not sure if it's region free. Let me know if it works, if not I'll try to rip it.

Yeah, it's IP locked, I tried few Brazilian proxies with no luck. I would appreciate if you can upload it somewhere, because that's really must have thing to see. I saw yellow flags on F1 app after everyone finished the race, but I thought it was bug or something - well, it wasn't, lol.

People forget that what partly made Hamilton so ready for F1 was tons and tons of testing.

It's a myth. If my stats are correct he got 6 days of testing in 2006 and 12 before 2007 season started, amassing 6570 kilometres. Of course it's more when compared to what rookies have now (but not that much more, Wonderboy had 3550 kms plus 3 practice sessions in 2015), but it was nothing special in mid 2000s. Rosberg within his first year had almost 13 thousands kms, while with Kovalainen it was just ridiculous - 23077 in 2006 and additional 9616 in 2007, yet he still failed in F1. Also Piquet had more mileage than Hamilton, so what really stands behind #blessed success was his prodigious talent and having Alonso as a team mate. Nothing more.

Today, 10 years later, with state-of-the-art simulators and easier to drive cars, test track time isn't that important.

Massa

Yeah, it's IP locked, I tried few Brazilian proxies with no luck. I would appreciate if you can upload it somewhere, because that's really must have thing to see. I saw yellow flags on F1 app after everyone finished the race, but I thought it was bug or something - well, it wasn't, lol.

Should be here.

There's some other cool footage that wasn't on TV there, like the RIC pitstop from a few different angles, onboard from Hulk and Nico at the end, onboard of the Sauber crash, and then the Gutierrez crash.

Business

Should be here.

There's some other cool footage that wasn't on TV there, like the RIC pitstop from a few different angles, onboard from Hulk and Nico at the end, onboard of the Sauber crash, and then the Gutierrez crash.

Thanks for that, hadn't seen Hulkenberg's overtake until now.

It looks like there is something wrong with the car there for Gutierrez. Bottas did get two penalty points for causing a collission with Gutierrez so maybe it got damaged then.

Zaru

Today, 10 years later, with state-of-the-art simulators

I wonder how good those are. Often the teams have a hard time setting the car up to drive like they want it to, so how close to reality can a SIMULATOR be?
Especially with the tyres sometimes being a fucking mystery.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wonder how good those are. Often the teams have a hard time setting the car up to drive like they want it to, so how close to reality can a SIMULATOR be?
Especially with the tyres sometimes being a fucking mystery.

As rumors suggests, Mercedes is having the most advanced simulator - it was made by internal MB division that is running their huge simulators for trucks and cars back in Germany.

Their development path is also an indicator for this, their parts are working as they should and they rarely fail with upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom